Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Advice Please! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Advice Please! (817 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please! by Pampers: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
A woman whos huby finds it dificult to wake up for fajr prayr @ d right time bt wakes @ abt 6.30, must she wait fr him?
Re: Advice Please! by tbaba12345: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
She doesn't have to wait for him but she can wake him up.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) praised the man who gets up at night to pray, and wakes his wife, and when she refuses to get up, he throws water in her face; and he praised the woman who gets up at night to pray, and wakes her husband, and when he refuses to get up, she throws water in his face. (Ahmad)

Remember we will only account for ourselves . But couples should help each other,
Re: Advice Please! by Pampers: 9:38am On Mar 01, 2012
Tnx. She wakes him always bt if she dares pray alone he qurels biterly & tels her shes proud.wat more cld she do?
Re: Advice Please! by musawisdom(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2012
If dr is a mosque near dr house, she shd report her hubby to d imam to talk to him.
Re: Advice Please! by Pampers: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2012
Theres no mosque arnd. Moreover huby is a private persn nd doesnt like famly isues dscusd outside
Re: Advice Please! by deols(f): 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
from my lil kowledge of such matters,

a woman is to obey her husband except when he is asking her to do things that are against Islam in which case she gets to disobey him. That he gets angry shouldnt deter her from observing her salaat at the right time. if at all anyone shld be angry, she should be.
Re: Advice Please! by maclatunji: 7:59am On Mar 03, 2012
OP, what you need is a subtle approach; you wake him up lightly and he refuses to wake-up, you go and perform your salat.

I am sure if this trend continues, he will feel ashamed sooner rather than later. Gently put it at the back of his mind that he needs to wake-up on time for Salat. Nothing a little encouragement and positive reinforcement cannot resolve here.

Just be patient.
Re: Advice Please! by sino(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
Pampers:

A woman whos huby finds it dificult to wake up for fajr prayr @ d right time bt wakes @ abt 6.30, must she wait fr him?
Assalam alaykum, my brothers and sisters have really said the right thing but one to take another perspective.
I must stress the point of praying at the earliest time cos the prophet said in an hadith narrated by Abdullah: i asked the prophet(saw) which deed is the dearest to Allah? He replied,"to offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times."(Bukhari).
From another post you made, you said there is no mosque close by which i believe deprives the husband to observe his fajr in congregation. The wife is the only congregation he can make so i will implore the wife if all the advice above do not work and 6:30am is before sunrise then she should join her husband in praying fajr.
I pray the husband wakes on time to offer prayers at the right and earliest time amin.

(1) (Reply)

Have We Gone Wrong Somwhere?? I Need Your Prayes Please! / Prophet Muhammad's Charter Of Privileges To Christians Letter To The Monks / Is Crescent Moon Symbol Of Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.