Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Blackberry Vs Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Vs Android (14125 Views)

Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Vs Android by remmyz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
am about switching from bb to Android, can any1 in d room gv some cool feature of android os, aside from bbm, can I share pictures, text, copy and paste on android phone, just d way I do on my bb,
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by engrhamid(m): 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
remmyz:

am about switching from bb to Android, can any1 in d room gv some cool feature of android os, aside from bbm, can I share pictures, text, copy and paste on android phone, just d way I do on my bb,

Sure u can do same aside frm bbm.
But personally, I see no reason y u shld sell ur bb for andriod if cost isn't an issue. If u can keep both, I advice u shld unless bb isn't serving u right.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
With an android, u don't need a BB. I had both and the BB was useless after getting the android gadget.
Android is like a mini-pc and does almost anything a pc does and u have access to more than 450,000 applications.
Throw the BB to the market and make sure u get a good android phone or tablet.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 02, 2012
recommended phone
if you have money
Galaxy S2=N86,000
Galaxy Tab 7 gt1000=N76,000
Tab 10 p7500=N99,000

if on a budget
Galaxy Ace=N38,000
Etisalat Gaga Phone=N18,900

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by engrhamid(m): 12:32am On Mar 02, 2012
EMMAACHILE:

With an android, u don't need a BB. I had both and the BB was useless after getting the android gadget.
Android is like a mini-pc and does almost anything a pc does and u have access to more than 450,000 applications.
i believe my prev post is understandable enough.
ur bb was useless cos it wasnt serving its real business wen u never had an andriod device.
y not sell off ur pc too since ur andriod is like a mini-pc angry grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 02, 2012
Seems u have problems with android ok? There is nothing a bb can do that an android device wont do with ease. Bbs are fading away in the western world and it is sad to see it reign in Nigeria. Try an andriod device first before critising it. A mini pc would not replace a full fledge laptop by the way.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Dabss(m): 3:19am On Mar 02, 2012
EMMAACHILE:

Seems u have problems with android ok? There is nothing a bb can do that an android device wont do with ease. [b]Bbs are fading away in the western world [/b]and it is sad to see it reign in Nigeria. Try an andriod device first before critising it. A mini pc would not replace a full fledge laptop by the way.

are u serious??!!
so nigerians are to dumb their bbs just because the western world dont fancy it?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2012
Lwkmd.
Move with trend.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Dabss(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2012
EMMAACHILE:

Lwkmd.
Move with trend.

now thats a cretinous way to think!
Eg samsung Produce a new phone almost every month. U expect people in a country where majourity of the population live below $1 a day to keep up huh?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by engrhamid(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2012
EMMAACHILE:

Seems u have problems with android ok? There is nothing a bb can do that an android device wont do with ease. Bbs are fading away in the western world and it is sad to see it reign in Nigeria. Try an andriod device first before critising it. A mini pc would not replace a full fledge laptop by the way.

Like I said, u wouldn't understand me.
Maybe due to not having patience.
I own the best smartphone of the year running andriod and also own d best bb device.
I use both effectively and they serve me right.
I don't have time to start coming here and arguing with u.
I use a device that suite me,my business/profession.
I use d 2 effectively and they serve me right.
Remember, one man's meat is another man's poison. I can cope with the 2 if u can't .
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2012
Sorry for the stress but it is good at times to argue and learn others perspective. As for me, i dont even use an android phone, i use a tecno t4 quad (4) sim phone for only calling since i travel alot and then a galaxy tablet for my internet and browsing needs.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by faithin9ja: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2012
@emmaachile
Sorry for the stress but it is good at times to argue and learn others perspective. As for me, i dont even use an android phone, i use a tecno t4 quad (4) sim phone for only calling since i travel alot and then a galaxy tablet for my internet and browsing needs.

See this man!!! you don't even use a 'smartphone' I have seen your other posts on other threads and you are always 'praising' android tablets when people are talking of phones. stop comparing android tablets to smartphones. Tell the man if the BB9900 is better or worse than HTC sensation.

For somebody in Nigeria, where data bundles can be very expensive, there is no reason to switch from BB to android, windows or even apple (iPhones), if the poster just requires browsing the internet, sending emails from multiple addresses, very easy cut and paste within the entire phone infrastructure, directly posting pictures, weblinks, music, etc to social networks like facebook, twitter, watching 'youtube' within his bundle package, seamlessly roaming across international borders without paying a fortune for data, plus if he likes to use a 'real qwerty keyboard' - then he should stick with BB.

If he wants to choose from 450,000 apps (as opposed to maybe 20,000+ from BB) - how many will he use, perhaps a better browser for surfing, use whatapps for chatting (free to download on BB but I think there is a charge for iTunes, don't know about android), be amongst the exclusive class in Nigeria - then he should opt for an android.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2012
Lol. Not having an android phone doesnt mean i dont have friends and brothers that use it. An android phone and tablet are the same except for the different screen sizes.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by faithin9ja: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2012
Lol. Not having an android phone doesnt mean i dont have friends and brothers that use it. An android phone and tablet are the same except for the different screen sizes.

the same as a phone eh? tablets make ordinary phone calls? send ordinary text messages? (exclude the discontinued first generation samsung galaxy tab)
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by engrhamid(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2012
Shaking my head. . .
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2012
Yes. Why shaking ur head? Funny. Lol
i use the galaxy tab gtp1000 which does calls and also text messages.

I also use the asus transformer prime wit its keyboard dock for sms messages using third party software and skype for calls.

Na wa oh!
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Dabss(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
You have a serious problem i swear.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by engrhamid(m): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

You have a serious problem i swear.
+ve
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by omenziate(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Na for NL we go see say Android and Iphone na d god of smartphones while in real world we have more BB users in naija. Na spirits dey use all dis oda ones ni? Baba, stick to d phone dat suits u most and doesn't incure much cost to u and if u feel u need to change, no qualms. But enof of d phone bragging. We have more pressing issues.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by davida222(m): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hey bro, i dnt knw abt u but BB is Crap. but as 4 me am stikin wit my adriod. Becus u knw wat adriod rules.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by unrattled: 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
It's most unfortunate how a thread started to gain insight and good advice turns into a kindergarten squabbling contest for adults.
Gosh.
Please Y'all grow up, tell @poster what he wants if you know. Else shut up and quit the fight before I change my mind! angry angry angry angry
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
Eg samsung Produce a new phone almost every month. U expect people in a country where majority of the population live below $1 a day to keep up huh?
[quote][/quote]

This people living below $1 won't hesitate to buy 9900 for 100k. The only thing i know is that all this phones are always useful for something, So it depends on what you need your phone for. I'll advise the OP to go for android because it is even more easier to share pictures, quotes and all that stuff , you should also beware that android phones needs a very stable or lemme say fast Internet connection for you to enjoy it. But if na EDGE dey your area or gprs my friend you better stick to your bb coz those phones would still work well with that kain connection. That's what i know.

Cheers
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
@OP please make up your mind. I think there's more than enuf suggestions for you to pick from
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
comparing an Android to a BB is like comparing a G-Class Benz to 95"toyota fore runner!!!, esp, my sweet Galaxy Tab 7.0plus (GT-P6200), sweetest thing
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Please this is an insult to the android operating system.

Can you compare models not OS?

No blackberry would stand up to the high end Android phones like Galaxy S, S2, Note, HTC Desire HD,

Your question should be thus
1. Apart from texting and calling, what else do you use your phone for?

To some, the BB would make a lot of sense. To others, a phone that just works works for them.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Kechukwu: 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
I jst opted out of BB after using it for 6 months. Noitting special is there aside using it as a show off. Its a drain in the pocket and a waste of time with the  chat thing.

Am an internet person and also likes smart phones alot bt after using the BB from top to bottom i dnt see any benefit am getting rather than paying BIS and charging the battery regularly.

I sold my bb to buy N6000 nokia dual sim and am comfortable with it. Right now what i need is jst a good smart phone for internet browsing and emails.

I  do facebook bt am nt a facebook freak or chat or tweeter freak. Its jst all a waste of time. Jst wait until u realize it.

Cheers
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by jedisco(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
EMMAACHILE:

And how many do you have on your device?
You would agree with me that majority are either nonsense low quality pirated apps of the original ones or bugs and viruses. So please stop bringing up this issue of 450,000 apps when talking about android.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by charles316: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
guys,i need help here. presently,i use bold 2 but i want to get a bold 4. I have heard of samsung ace s580. do u advice i go for the bold 4 or  samsung ace s580 ?
what are the advantages? and disadvantages? pls help
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by jedisco(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
charles316:

guys,i need help here. presently,i use bold 2 but i want to get a bold 4. I have heard of samsung ace s580. do u advice i go for the bold 4 or samsung ace s580 ?
what are the advantages? and disadvantages? pls help

My advice to you is this: Don't ever buy any low-end android phone
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by BabaEleko(m): 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
iPhone4s all the wayyyY!!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? / Ghana Orders MTN To Stop Sim Card Sales / FIFA 17 Mobile Discussion Thread(what You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.