Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? (42381 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Maisuya1: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2012
54. begwong:
can any muslim tell me why the quran has the name of the Messiah(JESUS)prophet Isah and a dedicated chapter of Mary mother of Jesus?
By the way,henry may have converted to hav access to the 72 virgins in the hereafter,allahu-akbar!

My guy you seem to miss the true concept of Islam. Islam never came to replace Christianity or Judaism, but to fulfil them hence the similar teachings, just like Jesus (peace be upon him) never came to do away with moses' laws (Torah) but to fulfil them. Islam came to clarify the false divinity which was ascribed to Jesus by early christains which is a serious confusion to some modern day christains (e.g Jehovah witness). NOW LISTEN TO SOME BEUTIFUL WORDS FROM THE QURAN,

1) "the Christ son of Mary, was naught but a messenger ((of Allah), many were the messengers that came before him, and his mother was a saint. They both eat food...,," (Quran -maidah)

2) "the similitude of Jesus in the sight of Allah is like thad of Adam, he created him from dust and said to him 'be' and he was" (Quran- Ali-imran)

3) "behold the angel said onto Mary verily Allah has chosen you and has purified you and has chosen you above women of all nation (Quran Ali- imran) not even the mother of our beloved prophet was given this honour in the Quran! And you claim Islam is anti Jesus? Tell me why will Muhammad (peace be upon him) an Arab tell his fellow Arabs then that a jewish lady, a tribe that looked down upon their Arab bretheren, was chosen above all their women? The answer - "he shall not speek of himself, what ever he hears he speaks,..," (bible - book of John)

1 Like

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by samstradam: 9:10am On Mar 15, 2012
AbuHanifa: If it is true that Henry is a muslim, I enjoin everyone to be part of the Ummah before it is too late.[/b]If not, someone should communicate my message to Henry to accept Islam and all nairalanders..
babsjnr: [b]Henry,aneika and marlon king are all muslim.

I urge all NLanders to always take a breath before they post.

Nothing was wrong with this topic till the poster asked me to convert because Henry has/could...... I ask the unfortunate OP should I also declare to Arsenal fans that I'm going to stay for life and then do the exact opposite the next year while abadoning my wife and infant daughter in the process? Or should I follow the example of pious Anelka who has shown little loyalty to any club, publicly fought with more than half his managers and is on record to have unrepentantly told his national team manager, a man older than his father, to "go Bleep yourself, you son of a LovePeddler "?? Or should I betray my true country of origin like both men and chase greener pastures At least Marlon King was pious enough to play for Jamaica, that's why he's been unfairly persecuted, convicted more than 10 times for offences ranging from grand theft auto to sexual assault ( my personal favorite is when he Tysoned a 20 yr old student in the mouth, permanently disfiguring her, all because she refused his advances). But I guess I need to do all these things since these model examples have.

People (of all religions) should think twice before they post such garbage.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by gidiMonsta(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2012
ayobase: Sharap there.
Kinni omode e mo?
Just came here to brainwash pple with no basic facts.
I can c that u know almost nothing abt ur religion.
Israel killing the palestinians, so it just happened that they started killing them without any occurence. Thank God they are killing them!
I said it, u know nothing abt Islam.The Islamic nations around Israel are so much trying to Islamize Israel by encroaching on this space. They are so frustrated of not being able to wipe that smallest country off the map. Haven't they turned the temple to Mosque?
Israel is fighting back to regain their land, and u r here blabbing ur foolishness.
And who told u that the Crusaders were christians....did u do research at all, or u just followed the band wagon!

Taaaah...abeg no come here to showcase your ignorance ooo...haba!!!

1. The temple you are talking about has been destroyed by your blood thirsty crusaders, the building there was constructed during the Ummayad Dynasty and It has always been a mosque.

2. Israel became a country in the late forties when the British and the Jordanian King agreed on a deal to give the Jewish people a place to call their home after the persecution in Europe. The nation was later hijacked by a radical wing of Judaism; Zionism, they sacked a lot of Palestinian villages to build "Settlements", executing innocent families turning innocent children into 'Terrorists'.

3. The Crusaders were indeed Christians, they fought an aggressive war against Muslim settlements in Eurasia even Jewish settlements were not spared as is the case in Andalucia, where they murdered innocent children and pregnant women. They locked Muslims in their mosques and burnt them alive!! This continued for years until they were embarrassingly routed by Salaudeen Al-Ayubb's troops.

Please take your own advice and do your research.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by maigidalism: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2012
As u can c, we muslim do not bother much about d calibre of people who bcame muslim bt always happy dat someones life has change 4 beta.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by dullasqi: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2012
PSYCHOPATHS AND SICK PEOPLE OR SERIAL KILLERS ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE PRESERVE OF MUSLIMS and the sooner we realise this the better. I said this bearing in mind that the term 'Islamic' is often associated with Al-Qaeda at the international level, and Boko Haram in our own local setting here. And I really wonder why ?!

For starters it is misleading,in the sense that it portrays all the muslims in the world to be on the same wave length with them. Not to mention that muslims alike are being killed by both Al-Qaeda and Boko Haram whenever they choose to launch their mayhem. It is on record that Al-Qaeda have repeatedly bombed Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Iraq, etc. And Boko Haram have killed more muslims up till date (correct me if I'm wrong).

Therefore why the continued reference to them as 'ISLAMIC SECTS'?Or rather what is 'ISLAMIC' about their atrocities?But sadly the nigeria media in taking a cue from international DOUBLE STANDARD have continued to betray the best practices of journalism. And I particularly like the response of this German scholar when asked about terrorism.

He said thus:"Who started the first world war? Muslims?Who started the second world war?Muslims?Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia? Muslims?Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?Muslims?Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America?Muslims?Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America?Muslims? Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic ocean ?!Muslims?No,they weren't Muslims!First of all, You have to define terrorism properly.If a non-Muslim does something bad.It is crime.But if a Muslim does the same he is a terrorist or an Islamic fundamentalist.You conveniently ignored atrocities committed by Hitler,Jimi Jones,Timothy Mcveigh, Milosevic,etc.Yet you put Islam on trial for those committed by Al Qaeda,etc.So first remove this double standard then come to the point." My point.

4 Likes

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Maisuya1: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2012
wellmax:
So your god or allah told people to fight back, oh that god must be so docile grin grin grin
But your comments just goes to show how brainwashed you are, little wonder all muslims think like that

Mehn! Truly you are brainwashed, you really want us to start listing the wars fought in the name of god in the bible? For starters, tell me why the promised land was forbidden to the Jews for 40yrs during Moses?

1 Like

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by onetrack(m): 9:24am On Mar 15, 2012
I've had a long-term interest in studying religions and have spent a lot of time thinking and reading about them. The thing is, the more I read and learn about the origins of the religions, the more I am convinced that they are all man-made. In order to be honest with myself I have had to admit that I don't believe in any 'prophets' or 'sons of god'. Whether God exists or not is a separate issue, and a question that I will not be able to answer in this lifetime. I absolutely reject the idea of Satan or Hell--a truly good God would not allow either to exist.

However, if I had to pick the 'best' religions in my opinion, I would say Buddhism (more of a philosophy), or Baha'i (which is basically a modern update on Christianity and Islam). I also admire Quakers, a very liberal Christian group.

IF anyone becomes a Muslim or Christian and it causes them to be good people, then there is nothing wrong with that; however, if they make somebody arrogant, violent, misogynist, then they should not continue. What I do object to most about Islam in particular is that many of the majority Muslim countries oppress non-Muslims, and forbid their own Muslim citizens from leaving Islam. How could a country pass a law requiring someone to believe in a religion (recognizing that Catholic countries once did this a few hundred years ago as well.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by newacca: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2012
El'Hajj BILAL FRANK RIBERY is also a Muslim. Maa-sha Allah! cool
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by moderattor: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2012
alhaji lionel abu messi is also a muslim!
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by niyivasaz(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2012
Dudugirl01: So, I should convert to islam too?

U are welcome my dear!
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2012
Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam
after 'holy ... 24 Oct 2010 … The sister-in-law of former British Prime
Minister Tony Blair decided to become a Muslim six
weeks …
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...

Tony Blair's sister in law Lauren Booth says: I'm a Muslim
| Mail Online 25 Oct 2010 … Miss Booth, who is Cherie Blair's half sister,
decided to adopt her new faith after what she described as …
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...

Why would Tony Blair's sister-in-law convert to Islam? –
Telegraph ... 25 Oct 2010 … It was only a matter of time. Tony Blair's
sister-in-law Lauren Booth has converted to Islam after a
dose … blogs.telegraph.co.uk > ... > Religion
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by newacca: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2012
El'Hajj FRANK BILAL RIBERY is also a Muslim. Maa-sha Allah! coollike wise El'Hajj Nicolas Anelka.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2012
Eric Abidal
Barcelona.com: Eric Abidal is a Left Back, Left Midfielder of
the FC Barcelona. Eric Abidal plays currently at the FC
Barcelona. … He is married with an Algerian woman and
became a Muslim with Islamic …
football-tickets.barcelona.com/eric...

Eric abidal confirms his coversion to islam - TTI - Turn To Islam - 1 Sep 2007 … Eric abidal confirms his coversion to islam Islamic Discussion.
www.turntoislam.com/../showthread.php

Culture of Soccer » Blog Archive » French Converts to Islam
3 Oct 2007 … Eric Abidal converted to Islam after marrying
his Algerian wife. Culture of Soccer » Blog Archive » Why …
cultureofsoccer.com/2007/10/03/fren...

Is Eric Abidal Muslim
Improve. After his marriage to Hayet Kebir, he converted to
Islam … Yes, Eric Abidal, the French footballer is a Muslim .
wiki.answers.com > ... > Categories
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 9:58am On Mar 15, 2012
Éric Abidal (changed his name to Bilal) - French football
player, currently playing for FC Barcelona, converted to
Islam …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conve...

Éric Abidal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Éric Sylvain Abidal is a French footballer who plays as a left
or central defender for FC Barcelona and the France …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éric_Abidal
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by AbuHanifa: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2012
When you comment, comment with objectivity. subjective minds are not welcomed here. For everyone asking if they should join Islam because Henry is a muslim, why not, you can join. ISLAM IS FOR THE WISE. If you could join Arsenal because of Henry, join Islam because of Henry too. When you enter the fold of Islam, we shall tell you...we join Islam because of Allah!

1 Like

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2012
Busta Rhymes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Chuck D of Public Enemy gave him the alias Busta Rhymes after NFL wide receiver George "Buster" Rhymes. ..... He
himself has said that he lives his life by Islam, stating he is Muslim & loves Allah.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busta_Rhymes

Free Islamic Videos Result :: Rhymes :: Huge collection of videos ... Results 1 - 8 … Muslim Video Logo … Hollywood Super Star Busta Rhymes found ISLAM . Video Description. Hollywood …
www.muslimvideo.com/tv/search_resul...

No Longer at Ease: Woo Hah - Busta Rhymes and Islam
3 Dec 2008 … American rapper Busta Rhymes has certainly
come a long way since his days of rapping about loose …
civilexpression..com/2008/1...
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2012
After discussing religion with some childhood friends,
Anelka converted to Islam in 2004 in the United Arab
Emirates, …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Anelka

List of converts to Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nathan Ellington - English football player; Nicolas Anelka -
French football player ; Nuh Ha Mim Keller - Islamic
scholar …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conve...
Video results:

Anelka & Ribery convert to Islam & traveled to MAKKAH -
YouTube VIDEO - 43 sec youtube.com
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by AbuHanifa: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2012
LOON THE BAD BOY is now A GOOD BOY...He is a muslim!
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2012
Why European women are turning to Islam / The Christian
Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
Tuesday at 9:55pm · 4 · Like · 7 Comments
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by 13volts(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2012
Why European women are turning
to Islam
By Peter Ford, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor /
December 27, 2005
PARIS
Mary Fallot looks as unlike a terrorist suspect as one could
possibly imagine: a petite and demure white Frenchwoman
chatting with friends on a cell-phone, indistinguishable from
any other young woman in the café where she sits sipping
coffee.
And that is exactly why European antiterrorist authorities
have their eyes on thousands like her across the continent.
Ms. Fallot is a recent convert to Islam. In the eyes of the
police, that makes her potentially dangerous.
The death of Muriel Degauque, a Belgian convert who blew
herself up in a suicide attack on US troops in Iraq last
month, has drawn fresh attention to the rising number of
Islamic converts in Europe, most of them women.
"The phenomenon is booming, and it worries us," the head
of the French domestic intelligence agency, Pascal Mailhos,
told the Paris-based newspaper Le Monde in a recent
interview. "But we must absolutely avoid lumping everyone
together."
The difficulty, security experts explain, is that while the
police may be alert to possible threats from young men of
Middle Eastern origin, they are more relaxed about white
European women. Terrorists can use converts who "have
added operational benefits in very tight security situations"
where they might not attract attention, says Magnus
Ranstorp, a terrorism expert at the Swedish National
Defense College in Stockholm.
Ms. Fallot, who converted to Islam three years ago after
asking herself spiritual questions to which she found no
answers in her childhood Catholicism, says she finds the
suspicion her new religion attracts "wounding." "For me,"
she adds, "Islam is a message of love, of tolerance and
peace."
It is a message that appeals to more and more Europeans as
curiosity about Islam has grown since 9/11, say both
Muslim and non-Muslim researchers. Although there are no
precise figures, observers who monitor Europe's Muslim
population estimate that several thousand men and women
convert each year.
Only a fraction of converts are attracted to radical strands of
Islam, they point out, and even fewer are drawn into
violence. A handful have been convicted of terrorist
offenses, such as Richard Reid, the "shoe bomber" and
American John Walker Lindh, who was captured in
Afghanistan.
Admittedly patchy research suggests that more women than
men convert, experts say, but that - contrary to popular
perception - only a minority do so in order to marry Muslim
men. "That used to be the most common way, but recently more
[women] are coming out of conviction," says Haifa Jawad,
who teaches at Birmingham University in Britain. Though
non-Muslim men must convert in order to marry a Muslim
woman, she points out, the opposite is not true.
Fallot laughs when she is asked whether her love life had
anything to do with her decision. "When I told my
colleagues at work that I had converted, their first reaction
was to ask whether I had a Muslim boyfriend," she recalls.
"They couldn't believe I had done it of my own free will."
Page: 1 | 2
Get 18 issues FREE when y
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Leyelyzo: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2012
grin
freecocoa: Is this supposed to be news or what?mscheew.
grin[quote

Yea he is a big catch grin grin
freecocoa: Is this supposed to be news or what?mscheew.
grin[quote

Yea he is a big catch
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by xage(m): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2012
I'm so happy for the dude

He's so lucky despite all the money and fame

Such like Muhammed Ali,mack Tyson,Malcom X ,Frank Riberry,Ayew brothers of Ghana and so many more

Thiery Henry is now Bilal
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Kirl: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2012
moderattor: alhaji lionel abu messi is also a muslim!

Loool!
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by chuks49(m): 10:38am On Mar 15, 2012
AbuHanifa: When you comment, comment with objectivity. subjective minds are not welcomed here. For everyone asking if they should join Islam because Henry is a muslim, why not, you can join. ISLAM IS FOR THE WISE. If you could join Arsenal because of Henry, join Islam because of Henry too. When you enter the fold of Islam, we shall tell you...we join Islam because of Allah!

I will only join islam to ve my share of 72 virgins.

Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by onetrack(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2012
Wasn't Franck Ribery in trouble for something last year involving prostitutes?

In any case I live in a Muslim country and have for quite some time, and it is probably that which made me convinced that religion is largely a hoax. Basically religion is just a different form of superstition. Nothing can be proved in religion and yet you are expected to believe it all without question.

I wonder if religion is actually a form of Stockholm Syndrome.
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Leyelyzo: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2012
chuks49:

I will only join islam to ve my share of 72 virgins.

MasaAllah come and join. I am sure your misconceived notion will change after proper enlightenment and orientation
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:46am On Mar 15, 2012
Sallychizzl3: Anytime I enter nairaland I C so many ignoramuses that had been brainwashed commenting, it's pathetic. We are in an age where any in4matñ/research is tms10 easier 2 access. U don't just come here n comment rubbish. When some set of murderers take it upon 'emselves 2 kill 5,000 muslims within a span of 3 days you call 'em 'CRUSADERS' but when a honest,gentle,adorable... man n is sahabas are being cheatd,oppressed unjustly n God told him 2 fight back, you call 'em 'TERRORISTS' though d casualties in all His battles combined neva reach 1000 (rembr CRUSADERS' figure).
When the Israelis were and are still bombing d palestinians on a daily basis, children inclusive, how do u term their actn? Peacemaker?
When US starts bombin muslim countries(afgha,iran,iraq...) n take over their oil in d guise of brandin 'em terrorists where were U? Any fool would know dat d 9/11 was planned n excuted by d FBI bt not d daft group, it's Osama! they'd say. Hav u eva sat down n wondered if d guy really xistd or just som1 US 'creatd' 2 cova up their blunder/blackmail Islam. Is boko haram muslims? NO! Islam b'lives life is sacred n abhors anythn dat'll brings bloodshed not 2 talk of killing. They're just political tools used by ur leader if you could just read b/w the lines.
We're in an age where Xtians n Muslims are supposed 2 co-exist harmoniously but seems the latter is becoming more catholic than pope.Anytime I enter nairaland I C so many ignoramuses that had been brainwashed commenting, it's pathetic. We are in an age where any in4matñ/research is tms10 easier 2 access. U don't just come here n comment rubbish. When some set of murderers take it upon 'emselves 2 kill 5,000 muslims within a span of 3 days you call 'em 'CRUSADERS' but when a honest,gentle,adorable... man n is sahabas are being cheatd,oppressed unjustly n God told him 2 fight back, you call 'em 'TERRORISTS' though d casualties in all His battles combined neva reach 1000 (rembr CRUSADERS' figure).
When the Israelis were and are still bombing d palestinians on a daily basis, children inclusive, how do u term their actn? Peacemaker?
When US starts bombin muslim countries(afgha,iran,iraq...) n take over their oil in d guise of brandin 'em terrorists where were U? Any fool would know dat d 9/11 was planned n excuted by d FBI bt not d daft group, it's Osama! they'd say. Hav u eva sat down n wondered if d guy really xistd or just som1 US 'creatd' 2 cova up their blunder/blackmail Islam. Is boko haram muslims? NO! Islam b'lives life is sacred n abhors anythn dat'll brings bloodshed not 2 talk of killing. They're just political tools used by ur leader if you could just read b/w the lines.
We're in an age where Xtians n Muslims are supposed 2 co-exist harmoniously but seems the latter is becoming more catholic than pope.
Anytime I enter nairaland I C so many ignoramuses that had been brainwashed commenting, it's pathetic. We are in an age where any in4matñ/research is tms10 easier 2 access. U don't just come here n comment rubbish. When some set of murderers take it upon 'emselves 2 kill 5,000 muslims within a span of 3 days you call 'em 'CRUSADERS' but when a honest,gentle,adorable... man n is sahabas are being cheatd,oppressed unjustly n God told him 2 fight back, you call 'em 'TERRORISTS' though d casualties in all His battles combined neva reach 1000 (rembr CRUSADERS' figure).
We're in an age where Xtians n Muslims are supposed 2 co-exist harmoniously but seems the latter is becoming more catholic than pope.
clap 4 urself cus u waste ur time 2 type dis rubbish
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by duduboy1(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2012
For those of you talking about Allah with such level of illiteracy such seek for knowledge first. angry
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by baslone: 11:56am On Mar 15, 2012
After making so much money, They are all running away from paying tithe to their pastor!!!!!
Re: Is Thierry Henry A Muslim? by member479760: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
soon, very soon all the churches in this country would be on fire and all would be converted to muslim and all will live in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Men Who Belong To Islamic Movement (Pictured) / Any Igbo Muslim In The House / Q&A: Islamic Guide To Writing Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.