Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? (3009 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / The Highest Level Of Irresponsibilty As An Adult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Hotstepper(f): 4:13am On Mar 22, 2006
Ladies, what is the highest level of education you would love your husband to have? hahaha, you'all know that Nigerians love degree tongue

As for more, just be educated atleast first degree in something and I don't mind educated turned business man tongue
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by mlksbaby(f): 4:32am On Mar 22, 2006
Minimum - Bachelors (BA, BEd, LL.B or BSc)
Max - PhD

Non-productive education, pls don't apply! tongue

* 'non-productive education' is what oyibo term our Nigerian degrees, especially those that have been purchased by greasing the hands of lecturers with 'hand-out' fees where the degree can not be defended by the holder.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Hotstepper(f): 4:47am On Mar 22, 2006
Word!!! This is soooo hilarious
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by kajad(m): 8:55am On Mar 22, 2006
Minimum - Bachelors (BA, BEd, LL.B or BSc)
Max - PhD
This you Max small , you 4 add something on top after PhD wetin you want again?
and don't forget to interview the man on how he acquired his degree. wink
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by IAH(f): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2006
I can't marry anyone less than a Professor    of bedmatics cheesy
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by mustafar1: 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2006
I can't marry anyone less than a Professor of bedmatics

what if he got nobel price in NACKSONOLOGY? cos thats what i got. wink cheesy wink
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by kajad(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2006
lol grin grin grin
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by cheekee(f): 7:49am On Apr 28, 2006
IAH:

I can't marry anyone less than a Professor of bedmatics cheesy
you naughty girl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Orikinla(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2007
What matters most is how productive is the education.
I was already working as a consultant for the Johns Hopkins University's Communication Center at 21 and a senior program consultant for the UNICEF at 25.

I recommend getting a good education. But getting married to a Nigerian man who went to schools in Nigeria is not the best. Because, Nigerian graduates have failed Nigeria woefully.
Most of the university graduates in Nigeria are not even as educated as High School graduates in the US. So, an American High School diploma could be better than a Nigerian university degree.

Do you know that most of the men in Nigeria with degrees are even Internet illiterates?

I recommend you marry a man who went to the best schools in the US and Europe.
But, the most important thing is, let him be a good man.
As looks are deceptive, having a paper qualification does not mean a good education.

Look for the man who will be your champion and your hero and who is of great benefit to the society. Not an ordinary salary earner.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by kimba(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2007
talking about Nigerian education - a white piece of paper is better than a Nigerian University certificate.

The reason: academically delinquent lecturers cannot produce good students.

I once met a Nigerian who came to do a M.Sc in Industrial engineering in my school. He said he finished from ABU zaria. He woefully failed the M.Sc entrance exam - as in woefully, that they had to give him another entrance exam for B.Sc. He failed again. Yet he has a certificate saying he was a First Class ABU grad.

He had to do a lot of begging, had to go through remedial classes, took a lot of subjects with Undergrad students for about a year and a half before he was considered.

The end: he didnt finish the course. Why? he couldnt cope up with computer assignments, not to talk of lectures. I dont know where he is now.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by English1(f): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2007
Someone's qualifications are not important to me but intelligence is. I know lots of very intelligent non-graduates and very stupid graduates! You can tell if someone is intelligent or not when you talk to them, not by whether they have a degree or not.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Orikinla(m): 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2007
kimba:

talking about Nigerian education - a white piece of paper is better than a Nigerian University certificate.

I once met a Nigerian who came to do a M.Sc in Industrial engineering in my school. He said he finished from ABU zaria. He woefully failed the M.Sc entrance exam - as in woefully, that they had to give him another entrance exam for B.Sc. He failed again. Yet he has a certificate saying he was a First Class ABU grad.

He had to do a lot of begging, had to go through remedial classes, took a lot of subjects with Undergrad students for about a year and a half before he was considered.

The end: he didnt finish the course. Why? he couldnt cope up with computer assignments, not to talk of lectures. I don't know where he is now.

kimba,
You said it all.

I don't see any difference with a Nigerian graduate at 26 from when she was a 17 year old secondary school leaver.
What matters most is to prove the education by one's accomplishments.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2007
bachelor's degree should be the minimum and phd the maximum.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by kimba(m): 3:23am On Jan 06, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

bachelor's degree should be the minimum and phd the maximum.

The kind of PhDs produced in Nigeria now adays, only God will help us o. I cant speak of other subjects, but take subjects like Physics and Engineering into consideration. Imagine a Physics PhD who doesnt know how to use a computer, whose two hands cant be comfortable on a keyboard.

My question is: even if his desertation was only mouth+theory=PhD degree, didnt he at least type his ideas out on pieces of paper using a computer? - at least to learn how to use it?, ok, i remember, it was "processed" at the business center.

Now imagine Dr. Nigeria talking about New frontiers in Physics? its a shame o, ma broda.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by iice(f): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2007
LMAO
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by GNature(m): 7:00am On Jan 07, 2007
I feel so sad when I learn how many of our recent degree recipients from naija are just worthless.

kimba:

The end: he didnt finish the course. Why? he couldnt cope up with computer assignments, not to talk of lectures. I don't know where he is now.

@kimba

I can relate with you my brother. There was a guy that transferred from a university to the one I was attending in the states. He claimed to be a 3rd yr student and has taken series of math courses back home.

When he was given a test here to measure his proficiency, he failed woefully. He re-registered for one of the math classes he claimed to have taken already in Naija and eventually had to drop out of the class because he just couldn't keep up with the work.

Very shameful indeed.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by olufunto(f): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2007
Orikinla:

Most of the university graduates in Nigeria are not even as educated as High School graduates in the US. So, an American High School diploma could be better than a Nigerian university degree.
I don't think the above statement is a correct one. I did my high school in Nigeria and i don't regret that because my first year was like a revision on what i did in ss1 and 2.Trust me most of the high school graduates here don't know jack.You cant even compare them to high school students in naija.Look at SAT ,they prep them for that course like they are taking a board exam or something and people in Nigeria still do better.I cant comprehend that.I think Nigeria has a good system of education its just the strikes and all that make it bad.I could be wrong,it could be that i was only fortunate to go to a good school,but trust me i am certain that even the dumbest person in my set would do better than most high school students here .Also i know a lot of people who went to public not even private schools for their bachelors and they are like the smartest ones in their classes here.I don't think its fair to say most,maybe some would be ok,certainly not most.And about being computer literates,its because we don't have the resources like that but trust me if we do,Nigerians at home are SMART,they would even learn faster .Presently i am not challenged in class and thats because i did high school in naija.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Brymore(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2007
olufunto:

I don't think the above statement is a correct one. I did my high school in Nigeria and i don't regret that because my first year was like a revision on what i did in ss1 and 2.Trust me most of the high school graduates here don't know jack.You can't even compare them to high school students in naija.Look at SAT ,they prep them for that course like they are taking a board exam or something and people in Nigeria still do better.I can't comprehend that.I think Nigeria has a good system of education its just the strikes and all that make it bad.I could be wrong,it could be that i was only fortunate to go to a good school,but trust me i am certain that even the dumbest person in my set would do better than most high school students here .Also i know a lot of people who went to public not even private schools for their bachelors and they are like the smartest ones in their classes here.I don't think its fair to say most,maybe some would be ok,certainly not most.And about being computer literates,its because we don't have the resources like that but trust me if we do,Nigerians at home are SMART,they would even learn faster .Presently i am not challenged in class and thats because i did high school in naija.

Olufunto, ur response trips me. I think we should look to how to improve on what we have in Naija. Besides, we perform really good in comparison with the poor educational facilities. I belong to the school of a Naija person is better than a whitey at least ten times if given the same chances.

kimba:

Kimba, I think u have decided to falsify things as a means of proving a point. Firstly, u did not have to mention any names, secondly, ABU does not have courses in industrial engineering, thirdly, it is easier for an elephant to fly than for a human being to come out with a First class from ABU. I have friends from there so I know.
One advice; Never talk about things u know nothing about, else u will mislead ignorant people and place urself in bad light.

Which school u even comot from?
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by jbbaby(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2007
kimba:

He couldnt have had a 1st class n failed an entrance exam. its either he is lying or u re given a wrong info.

kimba:

The kind of PhDs produced in Nigeria now adays, only God will help us o. I can't speak of other subjects, but take subjects like Physics and Engineering into consideration. Imagine a Physics PhD who doesnt know how to use a computer, whose two hands can't be comfortable on a keyboard.

My question is: even if his desertation was only mouth+theory=PhD degree, didnt he at least type his ideas out on pieces of paper using a computer? - at least to learn how to use it?, ok, i remember, it was "processed" at the business center.

Now imagine Dr. Nigeria talking about New frontiers in Physics? its a shame o, ma brother.

U ARE SO UNBELIEVABLE shocked.

Anyway in nigeria its better a guy has masters 4 a juicy n fat salary.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by jjuummaaii(f): 12:02am On Feb 17, 2007
thanks brymore, my bro went to ABU and I hav loads of friends there, thers notin like Ind Engin and ABU does not just dish out First class like that.
Moreover, Nigerians are naturally intelligent and talented and are also very determined ppl.Infact we are SURVIVORS, the only thin I think affect Nigerians is the limited facilities we are always faced with in almost all spheres of our lifes.
Imagine that i had to read for my final exams in school with candle lights all night reading, that was enough to get me discouraged, go to sleep and then go ahead to bribe the lecturer afta but I was determined and still came out with gud results but am sure no oyibo can face that kind of hardship and get anythin better. Considering our situation here (educationally) exept for Private schls I think Kudos shld be given to any Nigerian grad.
Is it the sleeping in crowdy hostels, the strikes, the crowdy classes, ill equipped library, labs and departments. and a whole load of dis- adv, yet u still see lots of smart pple making it out of all this difficulties.
Pls lets stop talking bout thinks we do not know much about (as in really feel) esp Nijas in Diaspora
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by hotchic1(f): 7:49pm On May 14, 2007
I think i will appreciate a masters degree,because i will definitely be a degree holder if not a masters holder before geting married.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by blacklion(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2008
thanks brymore and jummai for educating those morons peddling fables about ABU and Nigerian degrees. See as their mouth gum as una come expose their dirty lies.

I don't blame them at all. Any mugu wey manage escape naija and dey attend 4th rate community college in the deepest swamp of Alabama and Lousiana go dey pose, dey talk nonsense of ABU, Ibadan and UNN.

Yeye dey boom!
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2008
I expect him to atleast get his masters. . .
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by nobodiee: 2:31am On Apr 02, 2008
I have always wanted a man with the same or higher educational level than I have. Thank God I got him. I would be graduating soon with my masters and my fiance would be done with his PHD soon so no complaints grin
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2008
as long as he get plenty moni

Even if he can't spell his name,if he has moni,I'll take him grin
It's not as though I can put phD in a pot of ukazi soup and it will belleful me. cool
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

as long as he get plenty moni

Even if he can't spell his name,if he has moni,I'll take him grin

just as Bawomolo said:

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)
But she ain't messin' wit no broke niggas (She steal me money)
Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)
But she ain't messin' wit no broke niggas

tongue tongue
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 02, 2008
I'll choose a loving,well loaded HND Akure polytechnic man  anyday before looking at a broke,slippers wearing phD holder,jumping molue
suffer is not my middle name
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 02, 2008
rotflmao. . .

the lowest i can take is a masters holder. . .less? buhbye!! i ain't a gold digger o, but i sure wnt live as a church mice
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by blacklion(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

I'll choose a loving,well loaded HND Akure polytechnic man anyday before looking at a broke,slippers wearing phD holder,jumping molue
suffer is not my middle name

Well said! Exactly what is expected from a typical Igbo babe grin
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Blatant: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
MOST Nigerian graduates who come to do post grad in UK and America excel in their studies. Although I cant speak for recent graduates, I do know that most of those who travelled abroad for post grad that I know excelled and several of them were so good that they got corporate schorlarships for further studies. I know several Nigerians who started with PGD's but were urged on till they got PHD's.

Una too dey condemn everything Nigerian cry
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by almondjoy(f): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
I am not into degrees.  America has taught me not to value such nonsense  If he likes let him speak English[b] through his nos[/b]e or be a life time plumber. . .as long as he rocks ma world. . .that is all that counts! kiss

All he needs to do is hold down "ANY" kind of job he likes and demonstrate he is disciplined enough to keep it and do it properly.  I am more interested in what kinds feeliings I get from him when he holds me not what kind of degree he has.

Who wants to be married to a man with a degree but a snake? undecided  I will definitely manage if he has the capacity to keep my heart beating with his good nature and loving tendencies always.  I will hold the degree for him! cheesy

Na degree I go chop?  Some degrees are worthless in paper not to talk of the practical world. Oh please!  That is the typical Nigerian mentality. . .degree in African Philosophy from Malaysia!  Rubbish!
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by damola1: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
If all them ladies want BSC, MSC and PHD

For God's Sake, what would happen to drop out like ME and 2 baba!!,

Well, I can only laugh,  grin grin grin, eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhh, in fact, laughing big time!!!!, 

In fact, this na rubbish talk,

The best set of men to get married to are DROP OUTS, not those that dropped out because they were forced to, but those that dropped out because they felt like and needed to, 

wHY?,  BECAUSE they know what they are doing!!!,  most of these bookies don't even know what they are doin,

But unfortunately for them ladies there are few of us , grin grin,

(1) (2) (Reply)

With My Wife, Slow Or Fast. How Best? / Advise Me My Husband Is A Tattletale / Stop Bothering Yourselves With Your Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.