Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (9375 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / The National Pledge As A Song: A Celebration Of The Nigerian Spirit (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by tellmemore(m): 2:14am On Mar 02, 2012
aribisala0:

I am not really sure what the relevance of the arrest story is to this thread.Though Nowhere does it tell us he is Nigerian unless you know him personally.
If it is of such great interest to you why not create a thread.

The reporter on live tv said he'a Nigerian not me.
There actually is a thread on it.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-884155.0.html
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by HighChief4(m): 2:26am On Mar 02, 2012
tellmemore:

I think you may have a point there, I'm just writing what I have observed the few times I have managed to come on Nairaland. While this is going on here a Nigerian in the US who has been arrested for stealing or attempting to steal a laptop of all things and many more is about to be jailed.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/02/29/police-arrest-oluwafemi-t-charles-for-break-on-maryland-campus/

Kleptomaniacs, imagine he even r[i]a[/i]ped the victim. These people are cursed
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by iconaus: 2:27am On Mar 02, 2012
I've not failed to acclaim the man as being of great integrity all I have done is question his decisions and actions. We all see where we are.  The Nigerian nation is paying tribute to this charismatic man but we can't ignore the feeling that his decision to breakaway and draw the nation into civil war was in no one's interest and at the conclusion of the war no one's benefit. Several decades later that region that provided our first president is yet to provide another. A constant elevation of the biafra nation over nigeria does not help such region.
Igbo people love their ikemba for no other reason but because he is Igbo. You try view him through the eyes of a nigerian, and you'll know how I feel. He betrayed the nation. History is written on the account of the victors, it's a good time to chose whose side you are on biafra or nigeria!!!,

The goodwill and praise ojukwu is receiving now is nothing but polite people being decent. You never speak ill of a dead man it is said.

Sweet gala - u still dont understand it. If i view Ojukwu from Nigerian perspective rather than Biafran i ll still regard him as great man who saw tommorrow . If for instance, the yoruba region was the one that attempted secession and failed like Biafra - i will regard an average yoruba a wise person having predicted the eventual nature of the country called Nigeria . Pointless saying that Ojukwu brought division in Nigeria given that Biafra was created out of prevailing division at that time.

The fact that should be seeded in every Nigerian is that the nature of Islam as practised in the far north does not accomodate a non- moslem in their community . A non- moslem is an infidel and an infidel can be killed any time. As evidenced in other moslem populated area in the world . The earlier nigerians recognised this the better. Ojukwu saw this 45 yrs ago and this is still happening  and will continue unabated as long as nigeria remains one. We should join hands together esp south to fight this ugly situation in the North . One would not say is ok when it seems that one ethnic group is the target . As long as you re in Nigeria , you can be a victim or your tribe . For instance , the yorubas lost Abiola, south south lost the likes of Ken sarowiwa etc , north central Major Orka and the killings in Jos etc So this not the Ibo fight alone .

For people saying that these nice eugulogies accorded to  Ojukwu  was because it is not good to speak evil of the death but people should also know that the truth is spoken of a person when he dies.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by HighChief4(m): 2:42am On Mar 02, 2012
^^^Who wants to join hands with the Yorubas to fight the North? So you dont realise that their Northern masters use them anytime they deem necessary. They frustrated their Generals out of the Army, killed so many of their illustrous sons and Gowon even took their son's rightful position as head of state and what has the Yorubas done since then. Have you ever seen a Yoruba saying anything bad about the North? NO.

The Fulanis are busy killing them from house to house in their village and impregnating their women, yet nothing is happening, so it is not difficult to see that they do not value one another. These guys are also killed in large numbers in the North, but they pretend about it. So my broda, never you put hope on a Yoruba man cos he will betray you for a pot of Amala and ewedu.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by iconaus: 2:45am On Mar 02, 2012
Sweet gala - u still dont understand it. If i view Ojukwu from Nigerian perspective rather than Biafran i ll still regard him as great man who saw tommorrow . If for instance, the yoruba region was the one that attempted secession and failed like Biafra - i will regard an average yoruba a wise person having predicted the eventual nature of the country called Nigeria . Pointless saying that Ojukwu brought division in Nigeria given that Biafra was created out of prevailing division at that time.

The fact that should be seeded in every Nigerian is that the nature of Islam as practised in the far north does not accomodate a non- moslem in their community . A non- moslem is an infidel and an infidel can be killed any time. As evidenced in other moslem populated area in the world . The earlier nigerians recognised this the better. Ojukwu saw this 45 yrs ago and this is still happening and will continue unabated as long as nigeria remains one. We should join hands together esp south to fight this ugly situation in the North . One would not say is ok when it seems that one ethnic group is the target . As long as you re in Nigeria , you can be a victim or your tribe . For instance , the yorubas lost Abiola, south south lost the likes of Ken sarowiwa etc , north central Major Orka and the killings in Jos etc So this not the Ibo fight alone .

For people saying that these nice eugulogies accorded to Ojukwu was because it is not good to speak evil of the death but people should also know that the truth is spoken of a person when he dies.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by aribisala0(m): 2:47am On Mar 02, 2012
to say Ojukwu saw this 45 years ago is understatement !like saying he saw the sky was blue 45 years ago.

It is like any leader today being credited with a singular exclusive vision about Boko Haram

It is true he saw but others saw it too and  even before him those that were his elders from all over Nigeria saw it and wrote about it
. Certainly those other Igbos whose family were killed saw it starkly with clear seeing

.His vision was not a monopoly.His preferred solution to the problem is where he differed from many
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by aribisala0(m): 2:53am On Mar 02, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^Who wants to join hands with the Yorubas to fight the North? So you dont realise that their Northern masters use them anytime they deem necessary. They frustrated their Generals out of the Army, killed so many of their illustrous sons and Gowon even took their son's rightful position as head of state and what has the Yorubas done since then. Have you ever seen a Yoruba saying anything bad about the North? NO.

The Fulanis are busy killing them from house to house in their village and impregnating their women, yet nothing is happening, so it is not difficult to see that they do not value one another. These guys are also killed in large numbers in the North, but they pretend about it. So my broda, never you put hope on a Yoruba man cos he will betray you for a pot of Amala and ewedu.
High Chief You crossed the line with this post!

I know you are a bitter old man but please pretend to have some manners.

If you feel so strongly why not prepare for war again.These impotent vituperations are pathetic
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by willsman(m): 2:54am On Mar 02, 2012
One Nigeria is evil!
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 2:58am On Mar 02, 2012
willsman:

One Nigeria is evil!
cool
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by dayokanu(m): 3:06am On Mar 02, 2012
aribisala0:

High Chief You crossed the line with this post!

I know you are a bitter old man but please pretend to have some manners.

If you feel so strongly why not prepare for war again.These impotent vituperations are pathetic

No he is very well in line, Surely when I get on a PC I would get him an appropriate response
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 3:14am On Mar 02, 2012
The thing is that other groups in Nigeria were even satisfy when they have a president coming from their region  but lack of education also made them not realizing that their leaders primarily have their personal agendas while his people die from poverty, e.g OBJ not caring about his fellow ogun state brothers blocking lagos state monthly allocation for 3yrs; in the northern part, i believe that those politicians uses advantages of brainwashing his people and due to lack of education as well; they will believe that they are gaining more than other groups in the union there by creating tribalism within the populace and they fight and kill innocent people for no reason.

And they believe is justify, tomorrow the same people will come out and preach one Nigeria to you i think they are insane  cool
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by aribisala0(m): 3:19am On Mar 02, 2012
And of course an Igbo president would be different??
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by 9javoice1(m): 3:40am On Mar 02, 2012
Posted by: alj harem
Yep you are right and that does not give them the right to lie or try to incite hate on others.
Such rights is what cause the holocaust

fulani man i know you will be here. always sowing your seed of discord. can you read the hand writing on the wall for your fulani people.
these days you don't freely speak on NL for the fear of new evil your brother's will do. you thereby always try to hide behind yoruba's in every discussion.

the best thing for your people now is to seek for peace and mercy of every tribe in Nigeria .
1) to the hausas your grand father Dan fodio murdered their wives and kids till today your fulani's are emir in hausa land of kano,
2) to the igbo's for pogrom and senseless killings of their wives and innocent children during and after the war.
3) to the yoruba's for sowing seed of discord among them and taking kwara state as yours even killing them in their villages till today, via your herds men.
4) to the northern minorities, for killing them on daily bases in their homeland and taking their land without pay.

so much animosity is in the heart of many tribes against fulani's. do you know what ? karma always catch up with an evil man.
b4 this generation will pass fulani's will reap what they and grand fathers sow.
Among all nigeria tribes fulani's are most hated but with time their cup will full.

please lets continue with Ojukwu burial discussion.

really i don't understand why whenever an issue about igbo issue (good or bad) are been discussed our yoruba folks always take it personal.
pls lets stop the nonsense, the hate we see here doesn't exist in real life.  Ojukwu is a great man who see the future while his mates are sleeping.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by 9javoice1(m): 3:59am On Mar 02, 2012
@ sweet gala;
Let me state that while ojukwu is an admirable leader he has failed to be the model of a great nigerian leader.
He failed to die for the cause, the man sought to divide nigeria ,his desire admirable and his resolve great, but his actions unforgivable. He has sown a seed of discord and hate in this great nation and helped to found a notion that the country can never be truly one. May God grant his soul peace, he had honest intentions but ultimately could not match that with adequate solutions. His effort has contributed to the current despicable situation in the country , however his are minor to the several leaders and characters that have shaped our history.
Ojukwu I salute you , a truly good Nigerian

We the igbo's don't like it when igbo issues are been taking personal by the yoruba's. the issue here is Ojukwu burial and his visionary,bravery and legendary
actions
. does that mean yoruba's are evil and shortsighted? "no" . can somebody tell me why yoruba's who suppose to be in the same shoe with igbo's are
the people destroying our efforts.

The only group Ojukwu's death is revealing their evil motive in nigeria is the fulani oligarchy . lets all gang up agaisnt them not as a team but everyone
from their domain. untill we do away with the fulani's we will not know peace.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 4:13am On Mar 02, 2012
dignitaries cool

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 4:14am On Mar 02, 2012
more

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 4:15am On Mar 02, 2012
more

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 4:17am On Mar 02, 2012
more

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by ak47mann(m): 4:17am On Mar 02, 2012
Ok you lot can continue cool
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by iiiyyyk(m): 4:18am On Mar 02, 2012
icon aus:

The fact that should be seeded in every Nigerian is that the nature of Islam as practised in the far north does not accomodate a non- moslem in their community . A non- moslem is an infidel and an infidel can be killed any time. As evidenced in other moslem populated area in the world . The earlier nigerians recognised this the better. Ojukwu saw this 45 yrs ago and this is still happening  and will continue unabated as long as nigeria remains one. We should join hands together esp south to fight this ugly situation in the North . One would not say is ok when it seems that one ethnic group is the target . As long as you re in Nigeria , you can be a victim or your tribe . For instance , the yorubas lost Abiola, south south lost the likes of Ken sarowiwa etc , north central Major Orka and the killings in Jos etc So this not the Ibo fight alone .

For people saying that these nice eugulogies accorded to  Ojukwu  was because it is not good to speak evil of the death but people should also know that the truth is spoken of a person when he die

thank u 4 this;  And also nobody spoke evil of him when he was alive so why are some people frustrated about the praises he is receiving all over the world for seeing the future and took action.

blaming ojukwu for leading igbos to war  is a clear evidence of hatred, insensitivity to the pain of others and lack of value for human life.

His decision at that time was the last option since the then central government has failed to  make any move to stop the killing and later failed to implement the agreement of peace.

Also if you consider the number of wars between 1920-1980 all over the world, you will know that, then it was an option, because then we  dont have the strong united nation and international integrations and peace keeping missions that is preventing wars today.

I will like to say here that i see it as sign of physical and mental weakness when a man blames another for a decision he took after the situation that led to the decision is over.  

it is like blaming a man for jumping a fence that lead to breaking his leg while running for his life, without considering the condition that led to his decision to jump.

we make our selves fools must times when we judge and condemn others with our sentiments beclouded mind.

Igbos love ojukwu and will do so forever there is nothing any one can do about it.
He led them with truth, sincerity of heart and a clear purpose.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by iconaus: 5:28am On Mar 02, 2012
ANNOUNCE THIS ARTICLE
TO YOUR FRIENDS

OJUKWU (I): AUTHENTIC NIGERIAN HERO

By Tokunbo Ogunbiyi

he adulation, encomiums and general praise heaped on General Chukwemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in the wake of his death last November were thoroughly deserved! It is not often that a life will traverse the nation-space and make such a forceful and far-reaching, if controversial, impact as Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's did! And what a life it was! It is necessary for us after the dust of the obsequies have settled to take time to examine and meditate on the lessons, if any, that such a life may perhaps teach us. In our frenzied everyday life we often rush past potential nobel prize winners and do not give such a second glance perhaps because they have not fulfilled their potentialities, yet! But it is not unusual for us to gloss over and sometimes pass facile judgement on the lives of even the great. It would be a cardinal error if we did not approach an examination of Ikemba Nnewi's life with uncommon candour allowing for honesty of purpose to enthrone truth in our endeavours.

advertisement

I submit up front that I am not qualified to carry out such a searching scrutiny of the life of an exceptional man of our times; no, instead I have been moved or better still driven by the waves of response to his passing to issue a clarion to all men and women of goodwill, to all patriots and all who care to share in our common endeavour, otherwise called the Nigeria project to stand up and be counted! And in being counted to take account of this person that ultimately was larger than life!

To be sure Ojukwu himself would have objected to my title above but this is my article and it is my modest and inadequate salute to Ikemba. If he were faced between a choice of this outpouring and the realisation of his dream for Nigeria, I guess I know his choice! But I digress; Ojukwu never set out to be a hero but ended up an authentic Nigerian hero. Such paradox would encapsulate the totality of his persona. An Igbo man born in northern Nigeria in the land of the Gwari and the Nupe, he grew up in Lagos going to school and speaking Yoruba better than many Yoruba, as a schoolboy at King's College Lagos running into trouble with constituted authority in the days when white colonial masters were decidedly not only our betters and superiors but gods incarnate, a blackman as a student of Holman House in Epsom College as he himself described it "amongst a sea of white faces", excelling at rugby, winning prizes which were controversially not awarded to him!

As an Oxford graduate he might have expected to settle into a very good job in the administrative class in Lagos or in Enugu and in due course become a permanent secretary or alternatively joined the already successful family business that spanned everything from road haulage and personnel transport to cement manufacturing and banking, making his father, the late Sir Louis Odumegwu-Ojukwu not only an authentic self-made millionaire but a knight of the British Empire to boot! But it was not to Enugu or Lagos that the young man out of Lincoln College, Oxford headed, but to the eastern provinces at Udi as district officer. My father worked in the colonial civil service in Lagos and Enugu and Udi in those days could not be considered a glam posting! But that was where the bulk of the people lived and Ojukwu set out early to serve the people, not the interests of money or high politics.

But the paradoxes do not end there. It was Ojukwu, perhaps a greater believer in one Nigeria than any of his generation who mobilised the former Eastern Nigeria to break away as Biafra. The circumstances of the bitter days of 1966 and 1967 are too well known to require rehearsal here but let it be understood that the idea of one Nigeria and the unity of Nigeria was tattooed in Ojukwu's blood; how else could it be since as a babe in arms he drank the breast milk of one Nigeria! But then it is not unusual in our political discourse to read and re-read contrary views. Several schools of thought or thoughtlessness exist ranging from those who see Biafra as the triumph of his personal ambition and bloated ego, or the acquisitive Igbo desiring to appropriate the oil riches of the Niger Delta for their sole benefit. So far no one had adduced evidence of the effort made by those with the responsibility of protecting the lives of Nd'Igbo in northern Nigeria in 1966 and 1967 to end the bloodshed. No one either has demonstrated what Igbo should have done, faced with extermination as they indeed were during that dark period.

By his singular and brave and clear-sighted actions in 1966 through to 1970 and beyond Ojukwu held up a mirror to the Nigerian nation and state and invited us to look ourselves in the face. According to the New International Version of the Bible " Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like" (James 1: 23 and 24).

I will conclude by saying that in holding that mirror up Ojukwu became the authentic Nigerian hero because he dared to tell us what we ought to know about ourselves; alas the Nigerian people promptly forgot what they looked like after observing their face in that mirror! All the issues Ojukwu raised and which led us to Biafra remain with us forty six years later!

The above write up about Ojukwu by Tokunbo a yoruba has made me forgive yorubas in NL who are blinded by hatred and jealousy shown against the IBO. Some time you come across a sincere and a genuine yoruba person . Not all are myopic and bias

many many thanks Tokunbo
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by HenryDivine(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2012
r.i.p ojukwu!!!!!!!!
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by steeviee(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2012
OJUKWU: The Bravest Man ever in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by otondo55: 8:53am On Mar 02, 2012
My heart bleeds as we morn you, The Great One !
Your just cause and lagacy lives on, we shall never relent.

Aduie My hero !
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by steeviee(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2012
aribisala0:

This was exactly my first point!Respect for a dead man is not vindication of anything!

Certainly that remains the Nigerian position . This sort of posturing is a rather unfortunate triumphalism not dissimilar to another type that was seen at an earlier time.

We live together but understand little about each others sensitivities.

Of course we all hold different opinions but if we want peace then circumspection is needed now.Boastfulness,I told you so and similar pontifications are easy but achieve nothing

@aribisala, i think it's time you save face with this your persistent and lame arguments about this great man called Ojukwu. He's a hero to his people and even your little spites cannot remove a letter from the great words that depict and stamp his true being. You are always on every post that carries the heading Ojukwu. you should be ashamed of yourself by now. I am not from the South East but I'm quicK to recognise a hero when i see one. It's either you aesthestically blind or you are a bigot; typical of your kind. Go play somewhere else or better still go command your likes and probably become useful.
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2012
Having mandated me to proclaim on your behalf, and in your name, that Eastern Nigeria be a sovereign independent Republic, now, therefore I, Lieutenant Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Oj4kwu, Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria, by virtue of the authority, and pursuant to the principles recited above, do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Eastern Nigeria together with her continental shelf and territorial waters, shall, henceforth, be an independent sovereign state of the name and title of The Republic of Biafra.”
RIP MI BRODA, WE MISS U
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by afolayangs(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2012
na wao. Ojukwu is meant to had been executed long time a go. I cant believe Nigerian government will spend a dime for this old fool burial
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2012
afolayangs:

na wao. Ojukwu is meant to had been executed long time a go. I cant believe Nigerian government will spend a dime for this old fool burial

DRUG ADDICT, your pathetic life shows here grin
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by NorthSharp(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
alj harem:

Yep you are right and that does not give them the right to lie or try to incite hate on others.

Such rights is what cause the holocaust

9ja voice's response to the above post from Alj Harem:

9ja voice:

fulani man i know you will be here. always sowing your seed of discord. can you read the hand writing on the wall for your fulani people.
these days you don't freely speak on NL for the fear of new evil your brother's will do. you thereby always try to hide behind yoruba's in every discussion.

the best thing for your people now is to seek for peace and mercy of every tribe in Nigeria .
1) to the hausas your grand father Dan fodio murdered their wives and kids till today your fulani's are emir in hausa land of kano,
2) to the igbo's for pogrom and senseless killings of their wives and innocent children during and after the war.
3) to the yoruba's for sowing seed of discord among them and taking kwara state as yours even killing them in their villages till today, via your herds men.
4) to the northern minorities, for killing them on daily bases in their homeland and taking their land without pay.

so much animosity is in the heart of many tribes against fulani's. do you know what ? karma always catch up with an evil man.
b4 this generation will pass fulani's will reap what they and grand fathers sow.
Among all nigeria tribes fulani's are most hated but with time their cup will full.

please lets continue with Ojukwu burial discussion.

really i don't understand why whenever an issue about igbo issue (good or bad) are been discussed our yoruba folks always take it personal.
pls lets stop the nonsense, the hate we see here doesn't exist in real life.  Ojukwu is a great man who see the future while his mates are sleeping

@9ja voice, I think it would suffice as a response to you, and other rabid haters of Hausa-Fulani like you, to simply reproduce for you below my earlier post on whether we Hausa-Fulani think the poster 'Alj Harem' is one of us or not:

NorthSharp:

It really amazes me how some Igbo and other posters on this forum STILL believe, most naively, that Alj Harem is a Hausa-Fulani from the North, in spite of all the many clues in his posts that so clearly point to the contrary! And, even more importantly, in spite of the fact that he so categorically stated, on more than one occasion, that he is NOT a Hausa-Fulani!

For the first time, I feel compelled to let everybody on this forum know that ALH HAREM IS NOT A HAUSA-FULANI NORTHERNER; any full-blooded Hausa-Fulani like myself could effortlessly figure that out after reading just a couple of his posts.

Alh Harem must have his own personal reason(s) for not coming out clearly, unambiguously and proudly to reveal his true ethnic background, and I am personally not interested in finding out what his ethnic group is, or why he chooses to behave the way he does; it is up to you guys who want to continue to engage him in ethnocentric debates to find out his true ethnic background, but PLEASE count us (Hausa-Fulani Northerners) out of it.

You (Igbo and other posters) are free to continue with your favourite pastime of hurling all sorts of unprovoked hateful and malicious ethnic insults against us, as venomously as you like, but you should stop insulting the Hausa-Fulani northerners in response to any of Alj Harem's comments, because HE IS DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF US (and no offence whatsoever is intended by this emphasis).

Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
The look on Sambo says it all he really wished he don't have to carry that flowers. grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Yujin(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2012
Today, a world figure is being committed to the warm bosom of mother earth. Today, Africa's most controversial-cum prophetic patriot is being crowned in the land of the spirits to aid the lovers of freedom, justice & equity from that realm. Today, like Wycliff Jean sang for Diallo, 'ten thousand chariots with no riders, they're on their way to', this time not America but this parasitic wedlock of (Lord)Lugard from Albion -Nigeria, to torment the advocates of oppression, mediocrity, greed etc. Today, Eze-Igbo Gburugburu, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu is being buried (shakes head & lifts up face to the sky).
Odogwu, Odogwu, Dikedioranma-jee nke oma.
It is not a coindence, fate did bestow this on him. His name says it all.
Chukwuemeka = God has done so well
Odumegwu = Fearless lion
Oji-Ukwu = Possessor of greatness.
Born with a diamond spoon, he choose to eat with those who had no spoons.
His foresight earned him a friend in the greap writer, Frederick Forsyth.
Like the biblical Moses, his name has been written the SUN.
Sir, I'm at your command, sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Oppose Elders 2015 Presidency Move / Ogun State To Establish Agro-Allied Airport / We’ll Do Better Than Men – Female Gubernatorial Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.