Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach (4822 Views)

Rwanda Coach Names Squad For Nigeria Friendly / Rwanda Express Ebola Concerns In Nigeria To Caf / 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by Funkymallam(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2012
Militi Mitchio, the Serbian coach of Rwanda,  said after the match in Kigali that Nigeria’s central defender, homeboy Azubuike Egwuekwe surprised him and that Rangers’ left midfielder Ejike Uzoenyi took their team unawares throughout the match.

He repeatedly asked where Coach Stephen Keshi got the boys from.

Militi who has been in Africa for about 14 years gave a good account of his knowledge of Nigerian players and he prepared on how to dislodge them in the match.

There were players he expected to feature in the positions Keshi fielded  some local players he never saw before Wednesday’s match. He  prepared for the match with clips on the style of Nigerian players and planned how to tackle everyone including defenders.

He probably expected the likes of Ambrose Efe on the right back and possibly Adeleye to pair Joseph Yobo in the central defence. He worked on that possibility but when Azubike,  tall with good frame for a central defender, went hard on his players, won almost all aerial balls and even went up front for possible headers, Militchio kept asking, after the match,  where Nigeria got him from.

He paid same respect to Godfrey Itama, the right back whose brilliant play surprised even the Nigerian officials in Rwanda. He seems ready to earn such high reputation as Sylvanus Okpala, interestingly one of his coaches, David Adiele and Austin Eguavoen did in that position for Eagles of their time.  Godfrey is a player to watch in Nigeria.

“Your team is good. I worked hard to clip them.  You shouldn’t  be hard on your players because I worked on them. But that your shot man on the left (Ejike) took us unawares. He took us by surprise.  We didn’t know him. So is that your central defender. We expected another person to pair with Yobo.That boy (Azubike) was something else in the team. And your right back (Godfrey) was superb. Where did you get them from? I think that your coaches have done well with these local players. What great and young players that they are. They took us by surprise.”

On the return leg in June he said “ We hope to do well when we come in June. It may be difficult but who knows? If we get a score draw Nigeria is out. I was happy it ended in a scoreless draw here.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/your-local-players-took-us-by-surprise-rwandan-coach/
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by Gbigbon: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
This serves as a warning and an eye opener of what to expect in the return leg. Keshi please read and plan your strategy now. I will advise that you rely on your home base team since he does not know much about them. Look for good players from at least the clubs that had represented the country (Nigeria) in continental engagements because of their exposure.
Thanks.
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by md4real(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
3 point na him matter. let the boys get it before "they kill someone"
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by omowolewa: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
Keshi needs no fortune teller to make him see that home base team is the answer. They're still fresh,trainable and goal driven. Wake up Keshi!
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by clip: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2012
I think all has been said,"Home Based" better than so called foreign Based.
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by Baawaa(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
To me,Keshi is not a good coach!!By now,he suppose to know that home base players is the answer.Calling back Yakub Ayegbeni have make him a failure write it down!
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by clip: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
I think it is too early to say if Keshi is good or not.
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by member479760: 7:04am On Mar 04, 2012
I hope he learned from the shit he caused 1994 world cup when he was featured as old cargo player.
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by mansmith(m): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
tick tick tick ,
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
These were the same home-based players SiaOne was too chicken to play angry
Re: Ur Local Players Suprised Us - Rwanda Coach by Navi(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2012
We need goals not surprises

(1) (Reply)

Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President / Thread For Martial Arts Trickers(xma), Free Runners,gymnast & B-boyz (MFGB) / VIDEO: Barcelona VS Manchester United 1-3 All Goals 07/25/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.