Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,378 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Urgent Help Needed. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help Needed. (3257 Views)

Urgent Help Needed:how To Paste Ads Code On Blogger / How To Translate A Scanned Jpeg Document Into English: Urgent Help Pls! / Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2012
This my case oh.

I have a job at hand, the client want to build a website where he can sell recharge cards online, so i thought it going to be an easy one

My solution for the doing the job was
PHP + MYSQL + PHPMYADMIN and a secured server

now my client said he does not want to store Recharge cards on the server that he want a solution like the ATM mobile recharge

have been cracking my brain over this anyone who could help about this

Example of what he want now is

http://www.easytopupng.com/

all guru's in the house help me about this
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
Will the airtime PIN be sent to their phones by sms, or automatically added to their balance?

The 1st is easy/straightforward, the 2nd is tricky cos not all networks have VTU.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2012
yamakuza:

Will the airtime PIN be sent to their phones by sms, or automatically added to their balance?

The 1st is easy/straightforward, the 2nd is tricky cos not all networks have VTU.

The fist method will send the PIN by sms to the phone of the buyer, the amount will not be added automatically to the balance of the cllient

Am looking for a way for it to be added automatically to the buyer's account balance

hope you understand

DUAL CORE, YEWATIDE, DTML, and other no let me loss this job oh,  help,
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by webmpro(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2012
Brother you may need to work hand to hand with two more persons. And i just hope the prize is worth it.

Meanwhile am sure dual core, yawatide, greenmouse will be at your help soon. Please try to contact them if possible by phone thank you and goodluck.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2012
webmpro:

Brother you may need to work hand to hand with two more persons. And i just hope the prize is worth it.

Meanwhile am sure dual core, yawatide, greenmouse will be at your help soon. Please try to contact them if possible by phone thank you and goodluck.

Them no answer me
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by webmpro(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ Activeman am sure greenmouse and dancigalo will come to your aids in a sec.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yawatide(f): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
I have a job at hand, the client want to build a website where he can sell recharge cards online, so i thought it going to be an easy one
Never assume any job will be easy.

now my client said he does not want to store Recharge cards on the server that he want a solution like the ATM mobile recharge
Sounds like you should have had an agreement for the initial solution or, agree to the new one but sign another MoU of sorts. I say this based on the above quote. At any rate, I am not familiar with atm mobile recharge and so unfortunately, I won't be able to be of any help to you on this. Sorry about that. Hopefully, others will be available.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by okeyxyz(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
you will need an API from the ATM network operator in order to implement this job.
one ATM mobile recharge i'd seen is where u pay for airtime at the ATM & a recharge voucher is printed out, just like printing your acct balance.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
ActiveMan:

The fist method will send the PIN by sms to the phone of the buyer, the amount will not be added automatically to the balance of the cllient

Am looking for a way for it to be added automatically to the buyer's account balance

hope you understand

DUAL CORE, YEWATIDE, DTML, and other no let me loss this job oh,  help,

are you sure that is the way easytopup works?

I know mtn and airtel have vtu, but i cant say the same for glo or any of the cdma networks.

Besides, that method will come with its own challenges. Network congestion can make the credit not load, etc.

Better to sms, email or print the PINs.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by DualCore1: 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
I strongly doubt the budget is even right seeing as the requirements were changed along the way. The topup method is what reloadng.com uses. There has to be a VTU API that MTN is hiding from the public so you will need to contact MTN for this. This will never work without an API initiating a VTU action.

When you have an API, its piece of cake.

Psuedocode:
Get phone number;
Get amount to credit phone number,
initialise payment gateway
if (payment is successful)
call the vtu api to credit phone number with stated amount
else, throw an exception.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
Armed with a gsm modem or compatible Nokia phone, he can actually write his own api for mtn, airtel or any other network that supports vtu; if he knows how.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed. by doncigalo: 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
I would suggest you have a look at this mobile recharge website   http://www.mobilerechargeng.com,  they allow their registered users to use their Interswitch Verve Debit Cards to purchase airtime through the website. Heres on outline of the steps:

1. Register for free as a member.
2. Log in to your account
3. You are then redirected to the shopping cart page, here you can update the quantity to purchase, or add extra voucher types.
4. Click Buy Vouchers
5. You then select a payment method, and click make payment.
6. The system then redirects you to a secure interswitch module where you enter your card details and click pay. Please note that there is no extra bank charge, you are only charged for the cost of the voucher.
7. Once completed, your pin will be displayed and a copy sent to your email address.
8. You can load your pin now or send it to a friend.

So it would seem that Interswitch already has an agreement with the mobile networks operators that allows them to purchase airtime straight from the mobile networks operators through its online payment gateway . I would suggest you get in contact with Interswitch to find out more. Also endeavour to ask them whether its possible to send the voucher to the customers mobile phone directly instead of their email or even directly topup the customers mobile phones.

Hope this helps.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2012
Dual Core:

I strongly doubt the budget is even right seeing as the requirements were changed along the way. The topup method is what reloadng.com uses. There has to be a VTU API that MTN is hiding from the public so you will need to contact MTN for this. This will never work without an API initiating a VTU action.

When you have an API, its piece of cake.

Psuedocode:
Get phone number;
Get amount to credit phone number,
initialise payment gateway
if (payment is successful)
call the vtu api to credit phone number with stated amount
else, throw an exception.

THANK YOU DUAL CORE, i was thinking about this before but was not sure if it 100% right. now i know, will try to contact mtn and other net work if they will response
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2012
yawa-ti-de:

Never assume any job will be easy.
Sounds like you should have had an agreement for the initial solution or, agree to the new one but sign another MoU of sorts. I say this based on the above quote. At any rate, I am not familiar with atm mobile recharge and so unfortunately, I won't be able to be of any help to you on this. Sorry about that. Hopefully, others will be available.

YES, we had the agreement of storing the pins on the server, but he is a bit afraid of his database been compromised.
thanks so much for your help
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2012
okeyxyz:

you will need an API from the ATM network operator in order to implement this job.
one ATM mobile recharge i'd seen is where u pay for airtime at the ATM & a recharge voucher is printed out, just like printing your acct balance.

API from ATM network operator? i do not understand, please help expatiate
God Bless
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 04, 2012
yamakuza:

are you sure that is the way easytopup works?

I know mtn and airtel have vtu, but i cant say the same for glo or any of the cdma networks.

Besides, that method will come with its own challenges. Network congestion can make the credit not load, etc.

Better to sms, email or print the PINs.

STORING PIN to DATABASE is not secure, and i know good encryption is one way.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 04, 2012
doncigalo:

I would suggest you have a look at this mobile recharge website   http://www.mobilerechargeng.com,  they allow their registered users to use their Interswitch Verve Debit Cards to purchase airtime through the website. Heres on outline of the steps:

1. Register for free as a member.
2. Log in to your account
3. You are then redirected to the shopping cart page, here you can update the quantity to purchase, or add extra voucher types.
4. Click Buy Vouchers
5. You then select a payment method, and click make payment.
6. The system then redirects you to a secure interswitch module where you enter your card details and click pay. Please note that there is no extra bank charge, you are only charged for the cost of the voucher.
7. Once completed, your pin will be displayed and a copy sent to your email address.
8. You can load your pin now or send it to a friend.

So it would seem that Interswitch already has an agreement with the mobile networks operators that allows them to purchase airtime straight from the mobile networks operators through its online payment gateway . I would suggest you get in contact with Interswitch to find out more. Also endeavour to ask them whether its possible to send the voucher to the customers mobile phone directly instead of their email or even directly topup the customers mobile phones.

Hope this helps.

I can send voucher pin directly to customer mobile phone, but remember what i want to send will be from a database so it is the same thing displaying it to the customer web screen after purchase.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2012
Thank You ALL FOR YOUR REPLY and God Bless.

More ideals will be appreciated

Regards
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2012
yamakuza:

Armed with a gsm modem or compatible Nokia phone, he can actually write his own api for mtn, airtel or any other network that supports vtu; if he knows how.

i just had a look at Reloadng.com, and they provide for MTN only.

This further affirms that mtn and airtel are the only 2 out of about 10 networks that provide vtu.

From a business perspective, the proposed solution has little merit.

It is part of your job to advise and educate your clients accordingly.

[s]Besides, who has time to buy recharge card online, with the convenience of eTranzact mobile money phone recharge?

Money miss road, IMHO
[/s]
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
yamakuza:

i just had a look at Reloadng.com, and they provide for MTN only.

This further affirms that mtn and airtel are the only 2 out of about 10 networks that provide vtu.

From a business perspective, the proposed solution has little merit.

It is part of your job to advise and educate your clients accordingly.

[s]Besides, who has time to buy recharge card online, with the convenience of eTranzact mobile money phone recharge?

Money miss road, IMHO
[/s]

Okay, do you know the power of marketing? how many people knws about eTranzact Mobile Money?

who are the must users of recharge cards?
why do people buy from the street sellers if they know they can buy easily from their phones?

LET ME TELL YOU MORE

How many Nigerians uses Blackberry, iphone and other smartphones?
What are you thinking about the cashless society?
IF YOU HAVE 200 CUSTOMER only buying Recharge cards from you only, You are in profit,

Let say all of them buy at a ratio of 200naira
200naira X 200 people = 40,000 Naira.

How many people that sells on the street sells 40,000 recharge cards daily?

and so much more sir, my client has is strategy and i must not discourage him.

Thanks for the advice though.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
N40k daily sales on recharge cards is poor.

I know small girls that do N60k to N100k daily volume, depending on their location and how many hours they stay open.

Besides, the average profit on recharge card is 4% and that means your client will gain N1,600 daily or N48k monthly on his N40k daily sales from 200 people daily, if he can maintain it.

Deduct payment gateway charges and other running costs.

Anyway, if he insists, you can replicate Reloadng.com using a Blackberry phone with VTU sim.

Once an order is made, you get a Push Email with the details and you credit the customers manually.

You can hire a school leaver to do that 9to5 if your secretary or sales girls cant.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by webmpro(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
Well, i think the business idea is good but definately not profitable at all, except maybe he wants to run other business also through the site. But if he insist then maybe you contact 1. Interswitch 2. All telecom networks for their API's 3. I think maybe a bank should also be involved, hence once a purchase is made what function takes care of the amount deducted from the mobile line? Hmmm now am begining to see more reason why your client must be will to invest mucher than he will get inreturn. Remember an sms gateway needs to also be integrated thats another expenses, per each purchase how many sms to finalize each purchase? Anyway maybe he could negociate with his bank if they can permit giving him their Interswitch API since most of the banks now use interswitch API. Goodluck!
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by yamakuza: 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
Very Amazing Thread!
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by firstimage: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2019
Check out www.vtu.com.ng
I believe it helps

(1) (Reply)

How To Drive Traffic To Any Website Or Blog / 10k Instagram Account For Sale / What Cool Joomla Site(s) Have You Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.