Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Uniport No Be School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport No Be School (21970 Views)

UNIPORT: No Life Was Lost During Students’ Protest – Police / Student Eggplant Goes Missing In Uniport(photo) / UNIPORT 2014 Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport No Be School by bigboyk(m): 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Uniport No Be School by ayojango(m): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2012
@poster its pple like u dt makes one query GOD,ur nt even happy u graduated or went to school @ all.some pple have been writting jamb for d past 6yrs. RUBBISH!
Re: Uniport No Be School by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
@
Re: Uniport No Be School by ayojango(m): 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
@AKAY for your info I graduated more than 8yrs ago
Re: Uniport No Be School by dealordea(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
Akay:

If you dint school in a Nigerian university, I'm not sure ΰ have any idea what the OP means by his post. Most of you are attacking him because he used himself as an example. I schooled in Uniben, I had to laff at OP's comment about Uniben. There are sooo many stories all of which are true:
Students read all night and s†iℓℓ fail (some go there to deceive themselves and roomies though)

Don't expect to pass because you read. Very true. I just finished. I had one E. Luckily it was an elective. I talked to another lecturer about it and he said "ΰ tink say na ΰ sabi pass abi? ΰ write exam ΰ no fit go shake ur oga hand. Wen I dey here, me sef I drop somtin". That was a lecturer talking

My friend asked thesame lecturer for her score, she had a C. He said "you passed o. I gave ΰ C? Hehe. Ur class is very foolish. None of ΰ came to see me. ΰ girls parade like ΰ are innocent. ΰ see it?" The result was D's and E's. Those that "Blocked" got B. If ΰ think I'm lying. Ask any computer sc graduate of Uniben about Agbonlahor, Kingsley and many others.

Fortunately, my mmandatory was an A so I dint need the stinking elective. I'm graduating with a 2'1 and I consider myself really lucky. The set before mine had over 80 third class graduates out of abt 250 students.

Quote me anywhere. There is only one 1st class graduating student frm my class and its a political 1st class. The right people never get their right grades.

Let's not even go to what 300level result looked like. Students are lazy because hardwork doesn't always pay.

To block one half of a course costs 15k. How many pple can afford that. Wen we fail, we know why but what can we do??

Seriously, i love what you just wrote and i hope some dead meat who still think first class is very easy to make :eg a poster name bayoooo, i wonder if the guy really know what hell student go through reading through the night everyday, is like telling a army what he go through at depo was easy!!! abeg, op, we understand how u feel and anybody was who says First class is easy, is out of is sense. We have good dedicated student who wants to break the record of getting a first class in a certain dept and yet, some fools lecturer will always tell it to your ear that not during is life time in the school!!  but the question is , what are the student doing about this? would this continue forever like a tradition attire?  angry
Re: Uniport No Be School by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
A
Re: Uniport No Be School by ebecode(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Akay:

If you dint school in a Nigerian university, I'm not sure ΰ have any idea what the OP means by his post. Most of you are attacking him because he used himself as an example. I schooled in Uniben, I had to laff at OP's comment about Uniben. There are sooo many stories all of which are true:
Students read all night and s†iℓℓ fail (some go there to deceive themselves and roomies though)

Don't expect to pass because you read. Very true. I just finished. I had one E. Luckily it was an elective. I talked to another lecturer about it and he said "ΰ tink say na ΰ sabi pass abi? ΰ write exam ΰ no fit go shake ur oga hand. Wen I dey here, me sef I drop somtin". That was a lecturer talking

My friend asked thesame lecturer for her score, she had a C. He said "you passed o. I gave ΰ C? Hehe. Ur class is very foolish. None of ΰ came to see me. ΰ girls parade like ΰ are innocent. ΰ see it?" The result was D's and E's. Those that "Blocked" got B. If ΰ think I'm lying. Ask any computer sc graduate of Uniben about Agbonlahor, Kingsley and many others.

Fortunately, my mmandatory was an A so I dint need the stinking elective. I'm graduating with a 2'1 and I consider myself really lucky. The set before mine had over 80 third class graduates out of abt 250 students.

Quote me anywhere. There is only one 1st class graduating student frm my class and its a political 1st class. The right people never get their right grades.

Let's not even go to what 300level result looked like. Students are lazy because hardwork doesn't always pay.

To block one half of a course costs 15k. How many pple can afford that. Wen we fail, we know why but what can we do??
bigboyk:

Now, I am very sure most of you are out of touch with the realities of Nigerian universities. I graduated with a 2.2(3.3) from FUT, Yola. I know within me that I am far better than that result. My first CGPA there was 4.0, but these people found a way to cut me to size even though I was damn serious with my studies. Imaging I once had the best CA in a course with 25 marks out of 30, yet the mean lecturer gave me an E even when the exams was cheap to me. I encountered similar experiences from mostly junior lecturers. All the A's I made were awarded to me by senior lecturers. Believe it or not, junior staff in most universities deny students of their rightful scores for reasons I can't explain or understand. Most students attribute this behaviour to insecurity on the part of lecturers(they fear that bright students might kick them out of their jobs). Well, my next plan is to have my masters outside the country to see my performance and finally determine my academic strenght because I still maintain and believe that I was cheated. Do you know that most students that made high 2.1's in my class could not construct simple sentences? Mind you guys, am not comparing myself to others. @OP, I understand your frustrations.

This country is doomed.How are we ever gonna produde the likes of Steve Jobs.
Re: Uniport No Be School by oladayo042: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
moderattor:

first class?
Only one student graduated with it in my school.
Yoruba schools tend to be freer with marks
than frustrated igbo bribe devils calling them selves lecturers.
A friend of mine, a room mate who was supposed to get a 4.0 on a scale of 4.0 was purposefully given an AB be cause no one in the school ever got it!
Mean while our semesters last about 3 months some times students do 13 courses if you divide it proberly you get about one week plus to study each course.
Tell me, what can you learn in java for example, in 1 week plus.

You see why our CS students are empty heads?
Nice school GP but empty head.
As in stack computer illiterates.
This is misleading. You made it sound as if a whole course is taught in a week and another course will be taken the following week. As it is done in most universities, 3-units and 2-units courses are allocated 3 and 2 hours a week respectively. You have 45 and 30 hours a semester for 3-units and 2-units courses respectively.
Re: Uniport No Be School by Vista414: 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
i feel the pain of the poster. uniport is zero when it comes to academics. there are a lot of intelligent students being frustrated and wasted by the school. am graduating from uniport this year so i know what am talking about. can you imagine that a girl in petroleum engineering is supposed to get a first class this year but she didnt because she was given an ''e'' in her project!!!! the lecturers say it was a typo error when they were compilling her spreadsheet. now she has dropped to a 2.1 from a first class coz of this ''error''. they told her she can apply for correction but coz it would take time, she wont graduate with her mates and wont go for june batch of nysc, she would have to wait till november!!! just imagine, its a very stupid school in academics. uniport has one of the best social lifes, if you are a flexing person, you would love the school. but if you are concerned with academics, you would be disappointed! lecturers, errors in results and other non sense would frustrate you! am speaking from experience. very sad.
Re: Uniport No Be School by Mafious(m): 1:43am On Mar 05, 2012
I still maintain all first class graduates are crammers, please tell me one single thing a Nigerian first class students has achieved One in any field just one not two absolutely nothing as long as we continue to honors scores and not substance Nigerian would not go anywhere.

The University of North Texas hououred one of their students Micheal Lang he is Asian Chinese, Korean, Japanese I'm not sure but when you listen to him talk you know that this guy really knows the "Why" of his subject.

I regret playing in undergraduate days but if I passed my parents would refuse to send me to flight school so I did not even try and I forced their hand. Having said that what is the real reason people want a first class?, simple it's so that a graduate of zoology can get a job in Shell or Chevron doing what I don't know and somebody with 2:1 can work at GTB or Zenith, check out the top performers in any organization it is always the maligned 2.2 folks.

I have always come tops in ground school every time and I have since come to realize that Nigerians are more intelligent than the average American believe me but here is what my classmates always tell me 'Victor you are all talk' because while they go to pick up girls at hooters I stay to study all night because that is how we are brought up. Now when we do simulated emergencies I fair better cause I have studied all the procedures and I know them cold but nothing is ever the way it is supposed to be so the instructors change a few things and I get stuck cause it is not in the book but the other guys did not study so much but they know why we do what we do while I studied "all" we should do and the get out of every conceivable emergency.

We know the theory they know the doing and it is the doing that counts, until we evolve an education system that is not vindictive and block head lecturers stop playing God all you first classes go and burn your certificate.

People graduate from civil engineering and don't know how to use a laser leveler, doctors who don't know how to interpret and MRI print out, electrical engineers who cannot build a simple GSM network jammer. Omo if you see what this university boys do you would bone first class and concentrate on developing workable models that can fetch you money. The turn their iPads upside down change the icons and make it look like a Sony their laptops are tweeked and they login with voice recognition modules they developed themselves.

Lets get out of our rot and tell it as it is Nigeria has not graduated a real degree holder in any field in the last 15 years confirm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uniport No Be School by humblebee: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2012
na by 1st class?
bro take wat u get, as long as you're sure of your abilities, just do your thing and leave the rest to God.
seriously, when i tell people my story they find it hard to believe. i served with an IT firm and i was retained. i earn over 200k as a new staff minus some allowances, trust me up till date the company have refused to even asked for my certificate, they just see me doing their job well and its suits them perfectly. i graduated with 2.2 and no regrets, as much as i tried my best to come out with a 2.1. i was disappointed at first but trust me, not anymore.
i keep telling my younger ones to read so hard to come out with good grades but i know its not easy, the reason i ask them to read well is for them to know what they are doing and possible make good grades but my brother if they don't i'll still not blame them much as long as they are smart and brilliant
Re: Uniport No Be School by charles316: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2012
wisepluto:

tnx 2 everyone,  the honest truth is that the situation in uniport is a different ball game entirely. Can u point out any manager leading any multinational, dat graduated from Uniport. Lets be real,  Unilag graduated 115 first class while uniport graduated just 8, in the same circumstance a lecturer tells you that since he came out with a 2.2, never you nurse the interest of a first class or a 2.1,  as a matter of fact, i have discovered by innate gift,  i write codes to solve several stuffs. My concern is for those who after burning series of candles in the night and yet came out with a 3rd class, The school isn't just worth the efforts of the nigerian students

THESE UNILAG FIRST GUYS DONT DESERVE IT. WE HAVE SOME OF THEM IN MY OFFICE.THEY ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE 2.1 GUYS FRM OTHER SCH.
Re: Uniport No Be School by spainbaby(f): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
dear i suport wat wisepol said.if u re not a unique upee student u will neva understand, lecturers can be frustrating, u take like 1hr 30 mins to understand exam question. uniport no be moi-moi school.but i tank God dat despite every tin.d lord crowned my effort with a second clss upper division.
Re: Uniport No Be School by Rid1baba2nde(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
Uniport

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Fake Professors List That Turned Out To Be Fake / NECO Releases 2016 Results / Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.