Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,726 members, 7,813,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa (13869 Views)

Ethiopian Airlines Apologises To Nigerian Passengers / Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Jemibee: 10:28am On Mar 05, 2012
Wonders shall never end!!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by humblebee: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2012
this is very bad, and yet, when you ask them to recommend a place to get yellow cards. they tell you they dont know. those ediots
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2012
As many as possible who have access to listen to Radio should pls tune to Naija Info FM 99.3 This issue is up on air.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by amtheone(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Almost everything in this country is wrong. Everything centers on corruption.

Useless FG
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by RSA(m): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
he four Malawian players sent home for invalid Yellow Fever certificates
Detained Malawian players sent home
Posted: 2012-03-05 15:04

[b]The four Malawian players that were held at the OR Tambo International Airport over the weekend for failing to produce valid Yellow Fever certificates as per the country's health regulations have been sent back to their homeland.

Atusaye Nyondo of SuperSport United, Santos midfielder Tawonga Chimodzi, Black Leopards' David Banda and Limbikani Mzava of Bloemfontein arrived at the airport last Friday from Chad via Nairobi, Kenya where they had played against the hosts in a 2012 Afcon qualifier.

However, they were all refused entry into the country and then detained before being sent to Malawi where they will now have to acquire their yellow fever certificates.

Airport officials had initially threatened to send them back to Kenya where they had flown in from.

Regulations stipulate that everyone travelling from Kenya and Chad – both of which are classified yellow fever regions – must have a valid yellow fever certificate to gain entry into South Africa.

The quartet had strangely been allowed through at the airport in Nairobi with the same invalid certificates that led to their troubles in Johannesburg.

Even after acquiring their yellow fever certificates in Malawi the four players will only be allowed back in the country on Friday as re-entry is only allowed after at least five days afterwards. [/b]

Edries Burton – the chief operations officer at Santos confirms that he has made contract with Chimodzi in Malawi while John Maduka the Celtic team manager also adds that their player Mzava is back home.

Two other players Chiukepo Msowoya of Platinum Stars and AmaZulu defender Moses Chavula were detained in Nairobi for not having the yellow fever certificates and had to acquire new ones before proceeding.

"I was detained with Chiukepo at the airport on Nairobi because we didn't have any yellow books at all as the ones that we had (also invalid) were in our bags which were lost on our way to Chad unlike the other guys who had theirs. We missed the flight that the other guys came to Johannesburg on as we had to first get the injections and the yellow books at the airport before getting onto another flight.

"Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that our yellow fever books were in our luggage that was lost because we are now back with our clubs while the other guys have had to go through more disruptions," says Chavula.

Banda and Nyondo have already missed club fixtures played over the weekend while Chimodzi will also miss the Nedbank Cup match against TUKS on Wednesday.

Kickoff.com
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by RSA(m): 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
UncleJJ:

If you are a south-african and you are reading this. Know that

1- You are a slave, have been a slave and will continue to be a slave till the end of enternity.
2- Your countrymen - the real south africans are nobody's in ur country, all major factors of production are being controlled by the europi-ans.
3- Nigeria no send , you wether you like am or not we go enta.
4- With all your grah grah and constant electricity, stable goferment, my ugly country still ranks no 1 in Africa for the internet.
5- Like, one of my broses said, aids dey kill una. Abi no hospital for s.a
6- No matter, what you say or do - everybody kisses Nigeria's arse one way or the other - even the Amereecains
7- Nigerians are amongst the top achievers and innovator in the globe, how many south-africans have achieved any worthwhile record.

For all the mumu, wey do go S.A for work and hustle or school, you are all mumu . You no fit go america abi britico. Na cmon kuvuki land you wan go learn nonsense.

I LOVE MY DISORGANISED COUNTRY, eventhough its kinda of bleeped. tongue

Whoa!!! I'm happy for you man and congratulation on all your successes. Amazing stuff!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by whitebrown(f): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
I am a very proud Nigerian and reside here in SA, there are lots of Nigerians here who are doing very very great, I have doctor friends, lawyers and even civil engineers and I also know there are people who are really dragging our name down here. As much as there are europeans and even other Africans here who do shady things, Nigerians are always the ones who get exposed, you know why? Because of our arrogance . I travel a lot to Europe and the U.S and I say, in the even that I decide to leave SA which has been my home for 14yrs now, my only possible destination will be back home to Nigeria where I visit at least 4 times a year. Bottom line is, some of these incidences like the SAA and Arik passenger refusal are not baseless. on my last visit home, I went to the government health office there in MMIA to obtain a vaccination, I was issued the card for N1000 which I believe is the official amt as I saw them write it in the book but was told there were no vaccines and I can come obtain one on my next visit. I was not asked for any bribe or anything, hence it's seem more like govt incompetence than corruption. Again I read a comment that someone made about South Africans not traveling because they don't even know where to go or are too stupid to travel, I am talking from what I know, any South African who has anything doing in SA would be the most stupid person to go live in Europe, for what? When we arrived here years ago, i remember everyone's dream was to proceed to Europe from here, the moment we began to get jobs, obtain our residences,etc, visas to wherever became one of the easiest things to obtain, ironically people where sitting with visas to u.s and uk for example, in their passports but no one was really traveling. When I went to renew my U.S visa last year August, I made payment online say today and got an appointment for tomorrow, my 'so called' interview when less than a minute, except for a man from ethiopia I think, nobody I saw that day was refused visa (at least not when I was there) . I love my country Nigeria and when we have short comings, let us accept and continue to work towards restoring our country to what it used to be. It's time we stop being egoistic and living like we are oblivious to these happenings, if we don't tidy up, the world will spread our dirty linen out in the open.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
Finland:

They will soon say our passports are fake!

Some of them are. Or does the truth hurt?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 07, 2012
RSA:

he four Malawian players sent home for invalid Yellow Fever certificates
Detained Malawian players sent home
Posted: 2012-03-05 15:04

[b]The four Malawian players that were held at the OR Tambo International Airport over the weekend for failing to produce valid Yellow Fever certificates as per the country's health regulations have been sent back to their homeland.

Atusaye Nyondo of SuperSport United, Santos midfielder Tawonga Chimodzi, Black Leopards' David Banda and Limbikani Mzava of Bloemfontein arrived at the airport last Friday from Chad via Nairobi, Kenya where they had played against the hosts in a 2012 Afcon qualifier.

However, they were all refused entry into the country and then detained before being sent to Malawi where they will now have to acquire their yellow fever certificates.

Airport officials had initially threatened to send them back to Kenya where they had flown in from.

Regulations stipulate that everyone travelling from Kenya and Chad – both of which are classified yellow fever regions – must have a valid yellow fever certificate to gain entry into South Africa.

The quartet had strangely been allowed through at the airport in Nairobi with the same invalid certificates that led to their troubles in Johannesburg.

Even after acquiring their yellow fever certificates in Malawi the four players will only be allowed back in the country on Friday as re-entry is only allowed after at least five days afterwards.   [/b]

Edries Burton – the chief operations officer at Santos confirms that he has made contract with Chimodzi in Malawi while John Maduka the Celtic team manager also adds that their player Mzava is back home.

Two other players Chiukepo Msowoya of Platinum Stars and AmaZulu defender Moses Chavula were detained in Nairobi for not having the yellow fever certificates and had to acquire new ones before proceeding.

"I was detained with Chiukepo at the airport on Nairobi because we didn't have any yellow books at all as the ones that we had (also invalid) were in our bags which were lost on our way to Chad unlike the other guys who had theirs. We missed the flight that the other guys came to Johannesburg on as we had to first get the injections and the yellow books at the airport before getting onto another flight.

"Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that our yellow fever books were in our luggage that was lost because we are now back with our clubs while the other guys have had to go through more disruptions," says Chavula.

Banda and Nyondo have already missed club fixtures played over the weekend while Chimodzi will also miss the Nedbank Cup match against TUKS on Wednesday.

Kickoff.com
South African headlines are always misleading. Why not just write" Four Malaysian Players Denied Entry Into South Africa" or "Malaysians Vaccination Cards Trouble At South African Airport" ?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by ojdollars(m): 4:18am On Mar 07, 2012
whitebrown:

I am a very proud Nigerian and reside here in SA, there are lots of Nigerians here who are doing very very great, I have doctor friends, lawyers and even civil engineers and I also know there are people who are really dragging our name down here. As much as there are europeans and even other Africans here who do shady things, Nigerians are always the ones who get exposed, you know why? Because of our arrogance . I travel a lot to Europe and the U.S and I say, in the even that I decide to leave SA which has been my home for 14yrs now, my only possible destination will be back home to Nigeria where I visit at least 4 times a year. Bottom line is, some of these incidences like the SAA and Arik passenger refusal are not baseless. on my last visit home, I went to the government health office there in MMIA to obtain a vaccination, I was issued the card for N1000 which I believe is the official amt as I saw them write it in the book but was told there were no vaccines and I can come obtain one on my next visit. I was not asked for any bribe or anything, hence it's seem more like govt incompetence than corruption. Again I read a comment that someone made about South Africans not traveling because they don't even know where to go or are too silly to travel, I am talking from what I know, any South African who has anything doing in SA would be the most silly person to go live in Europe, for what? When we arrived here years ago, i remember everyone's dream was to proceed to Europe from here, the moment we began to get jobs, obtain our residences,etc, visas to wherever became one of the easiest things to obtain, ironically people where sitting with visas to u.s and uk for example, in their passports but no one was really traveling. When I went to renew my U.S visa last year August, I made payment online say today and got an appointment for tomorrow, my 'so called' interview when less than a minute, except for a man from ethiopia I think, nobody I saw that day was refused visa (at least not when I was there) . I love my country Nigeria and when we have short comings, let us accept and continue to work towards restoring our country to what it used to be. It's time we stop being egoistic and living like we are oblivious to these happenings, if we don't tidy up, the world will spread our dirty linen out in the open.

@whitebrown , This is Unblievable, are there still Nigerians out there like you? Wow, thank you for this piece of information, you have spoken well my sister, all you said is nothing but the truth. Where in Pretoria do you live?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by tpia5: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2012
I wonder what's so fascinating about whitebrown's writeup?

Newsflash: people are getting US and european visas by the truckload, right there in nigeria.

I dont exactly get his point.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
@betty009,

I don't think this is the right thread for you to show your zeal for electronic biz, Besides, I doubt if you are for real and if you do, doing biz with unknown people may cost you lots of forture.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
@all,

Pls ignore this low-level-slave-fraudster called betty009, I have confirmed his identity, he's nothing but God forsaken person who destroy the image of Nigeria, pls don't bother sending this idiot your identification, they are out seeking who to scam. Fool

Gbammm over and out
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by whitebrown(f): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
@tpia, Obviously you don't get it, no of fence, let me explain briefly, in the earlier years from the testimonies of our parents, going overseas was not a big thing, Nigeria was good, people went overseas and came back,our currency was good and hence visa denials or humiliation @ foreign airport was a rare occurrence simply because the life our parents could live in Nigeria Was great perhaps better than it would be overseas. You mentioned people also obtaining visas in Nigeria, of course, even in Somalia and Sudan, I am sure people still obtain visas, but the way people are treated at some of these embassies and the unjustifiable refusal and bogus requirement a times really makes me wonder.I am proud that both SA and Nigeria are on the African continent and there is a slogan here where Nigerians and south Africans refer to each other as 'my brother from another mother', that's what being home from home is. As much as there are a lot of whites here, I think (standing to be corrected if wrong)SA is still one of the few countries where companies must have black people in all levels of management, it's called employment equity. If Nigeria had not been degraded by our leaders,there is no reason why an I should apply for a visa to go see the world and you would refuse me a visa and ask me for unreasonable requirements just because I am a Nigerian if not that you believe that my country is that bad that I am likely not to return. I reiterate my love for Nigeria, I refuse to carry or be identified by any other passport but my green Nigerian passport, it does cost me atimes( e.g when I and my wife first applied for our first us visa, I was only given a 2yrs visa as against my wife's 10 years and that meant I had to go apply again last year and still was only given a 2 years again while all my friends using thier SA passport were given 10 years). But above all I am sure that if only we acknowledge where we are, we will know we have a lot to do if we are to move this great great country Nigeria forward. I read people's posts on nairaland land all across the diaspora and you know what, Nigeria is a country of great intelligent people.
@ojdollars, white brown happens to be my wife and I Seldomly post under her login name, we stay in Pretoria east, faerie glen to be precise.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by tpia5: 5:11am On Mar 08, 2012
^^not sure what your post is about, but my point remains nigerians are getting visas overseas, by the bucketful, right there in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by tpia5: 5:12am On Mar 08, 2012
if not that you believe that my country is that bad that I am likely not to return

and are you likely to return?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by bone4real: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2012
slam7000: quote from ismhab,

May God bless South Africa for this reciprocal gesture, we Nigerians are criminal never allow us into ur country if not ,..

That was a very silly post my friend.

u r vry stupid by sayn dat . ur own country is criminal
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by ibrak200: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
then where can some one get the original one ?
Whats all this shit all about na
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by gallivant: 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
UncleJJ: If you are a south-african and you are reading this. Know that

1- You are a slave, have been a slave and will continue to be a slave till the end of enternity.
2- Your countrymen - the real south africans are nobody's in ur country, all major factors of production are being controlled by the europi-ans.
3- Nigeria no send , you wether you like am or not we go enta.
4- With all your grah grah and constant electricity, stable goferment, my ugly country still ranks no 1 in Africa for the internet.
5- Like, one of my broses said, aids dey kill una. Abi no hospital for s.a
6- No matter, what you say or do - everybody kisses Nigeria's arse one way or the other - even the Amereecains
7- Nigerians are amongst the top achievers and innovator in the globe, how many south-africans have achieved any worthwhile record.

For all the mumu, wey do go S.A for work and hustle or school, you are all mumu . You no fit go america abi britico. Na cmon kuvuki land you wan go learn nonsense.

I LOVE MY DISORGANISED COUNTRY, eventhough its kinda of bleeped. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. / Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Canadian Visa Fee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.