Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God (9249 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by paulGrundy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Among all the sins mentioned in the Bible, perhaps none is more disgusting to God than that of homosexuality. God destroyed two cities in the plains of Jordan, called Sodom and Gomorrah, because their wickedness was exceedingly great (Genesis 13:10-13). Our English word, "sodomy" is a derivative of the word "Sodom," for the cities were full of the sins of sodomy.

To gain a full understanding, the reader is urged to read Genesis 19:1-25. These cities were filled with homosexuality. Note the language of Genesis 19:4-5, "Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them {carnally}." (All Bible quotes in this brochure are from the New King James Version). Notice the language, "that we may know them." It had been used earlier to describe sexual relations in Genesis 4:1, "Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain..." The people of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their sins; only Lot and his two daughters were saved.

All this occurred well before the giving of the law on Sinai (Exodus 20). Did God's attitude change toward homosexuality after the giving of the law? If the reader will turn to Leviticus 18:22-30, he will note that God's attitude did not change. God condemns homosexuality and gives the consequence for such in Leviticus 20:13, "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood {shall be} upon them."

What about today under the New Testament, has God's attitude changed? Certainty God has not changed. As a matter of fact, Sodom and Gomorrah are mentioned in the New Testament as example for all would who commit the same sin. Jude 7 says, "...As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Notice how the apostle Paul describes the sin in Romans 1:26-27, "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." Paul describes what they were doing as being against nature. If homosexuality is natural, why aren't animals practicing it? It is not natural. It is against nature and more importantly it is against God.

Homosexuality is not a disease or an abnormality of the brain. It is learned behavior, much like lying, stealing, fornication, etc. Those that learn and practice such must stop. 1 Corinthians 6:9says, "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God." The homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. They must bring forth fruits worthy of repentance.

Recently Colorado residents voted on "Amendment Two" which was designed to keep from discriminating against "gays." The amendment was voted down and as result the "gays" are in an uproar and threatening to leave Colorado. Sounds like they have a guilty conscience!

Friends, it is not a sin for the color of one's skin to be white, red, yellow, or black, and we shouldn't discriminate against another because of it. However, it is a sin to be a homosexual. It is not a matter of discrimination. It is a matter of right or wrong in the sight of Almighty God. If the homosexuals want to call our stand against their sin as "discriminatory," so be it!

I found it absolutely shocking to read in the Beacon Journal (3-3-92) that a Raleigh, North Carolina Baptist church was giving its approval to "gay nuptials." By a nearly two-thirds majority, this Southern Baptist church "defied its parent church by voting to bless a gay union." The preacher said, "We're taking a stand toward a responsible expression of sexuality...It's a stand of support toward persons who want to commit to a long-term monogamous relationship." Therefore, two homosexual men will be "blessed" at a future service.

What we see here is a case of still another human denomination changing its position on the sin of homosexuality. To them, it will no longer be considered a sin. They voted and decided it was not a sin. I wonder, if it works with homosexuality, will it also work for murder, stealing, or adultery? Where is the passage of Scripture that says men can vote to change God's law? This illustrates what happens when people abandon the Scriptures. The longer they act without Scriptural authority, the farther they get from it.

Incidentally, some say homosexuals are born that way and cannot change. This is another effort of men trying to justify themselves while practicing that which God forbids. A holy and righteous God would never condemn someone for something he had no control over. There were homosexuals at Corinth who obeyed the Gospel. Paul said, "Neither... homosexuals, nor sodomites...will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor. 6:9-11). If homosexuals can't change from their abominable life, how do you suppose the Corinthians managed to do so?

Homosexuality is condemned from the beginning of the Bible to the end. We will all stand before God to give an account of the things done in the body (2 Cor. 5:10), and every knee will bow to Him (Phil. 2:9-11; Rom. 14:11-12). May our God and Father help us to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of Him (2 Cor. 7:1). May the Eternal God give us strength to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them (Eph. 5:11).

Please study these passages in the light of your own Bible. The Spruce Pine church of Christ invites you to worship with us and learn more of these precious truths. We pray that you will conform your life to God's Infallible Word!

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Ukutsgp(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
God hate all sins equally. all sins are sin. as long as it is a sin, God hate it.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by JESUSSAVES2014: 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
This is just grt.
Since there is no homosexual goat and dog or of other animal. No human being is born homosexual.
This just the TRUTH.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Tallesty1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by priscaoge(f): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
JESUSSAVES2014:
This is just grt.
Since there is no homosexual goat and dog or of other animal. No human being is born homosexual.
This just the TRUTH.

TRUE!!!!!

Like they will always say, God created Adam and Eve n not Adam and Steve! angry angry

Tallesty1:
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

My Dear We all need God's grace to overcome all sins. It's not easy ooo

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by oluwalfa: 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leave gays alone. Mind your own business.

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Tallesty1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
priscaoge:

TRUE!!!!!

Like they will always say, God created Adam and Eve n not Adam and Steve! angry angry

My Dear We all need God's grace to overcome all sins. It's not easy ooo
God is merciful

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by paulGrundy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
JESUSSAVES2014:
This is just grt.
This just the TRUTH.

Plain truth.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by davien(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

Plain truth.
People are born gay the same way people are born straight get over it...

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
JESUSSAVES2014:
This is just grt.
This just the TRUTH.

what make it the truth?
how do u know their is no homosexuality in animals. I once saw a picture of kangaroos in Australia having orgy and sodomy
pls leave gay people alone. why are u people loosing sleep over their sexuality.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
davien:
Strongly Disagreed

Does this trait exist among lower animals?
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by paulGrundy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
davien:

So some people were born to put their penis on someone's Poo. Disgusting! I hate gays. angry
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
1Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

Leviticus 19:19 “Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”

Leviticus 19:27 “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”

I hope you're keeping to this, especially the part about women. If you aren't, thwn you have no right to judge me based on your religion, cos you're also bound for hell, according to you. Better go and read you Bible very well, since you think you can choose and apply whatever you want.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

So some people were born to put their penis on someone's Poo. Disgusting! I hate gays. angry

How, exactly, is that your business??

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by oluwalfa: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
xtians can't stop thinking of gays.

repressed feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by lilmax(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
davien:
People are born gay
senseless
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

Strongly Disagreed

Herald9 is now hating on what he accused me and some christians to hate.

Hypocrisy101 cheesy

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

OP, better goan preach outside the world because all these argument, won't heal anything but cause E-brawl.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Herald9 is now hating on what he accused me and some christians to hate.

Hypocrisy101 cheesy

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

OP, better goan preach outside the world because all these argument, won't heal anything but cause E-brawl.
Did you decipher any element of hatred there?

I only asked whether that trait exist in lower animals cause It's rare....At least the animals around me can come testify to that .

I know you must have done a thorough Googling to Come disprove me ... but sorry homie... I only asked an innocent question.

I don't hate gays....I dislike them.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

Did you decipher any element of hatred there?

I only asked whether that trait exist in lower animals cause It's rare....At least the animals around me can come testify to that .

I know you must have done a thorough Googling to Come disprove... but sorry homie... I only asked an innocent question.

I don't hate gays....I dislike them.

Thorough googling? Huh?

Just a google search would give you the answer.

Bye! I thought you were exhibiting hypocrisy.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Thorough googling? Huh?

Just a google search would give you the answer.

Bye! I thought you were exhibiting hypocrisy.
Are you a hypocrisy detector?grin
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

Are you a hypocrisy detector?grin

Yes! tongue

This kind of thread amass highest number of hypocrites.

I was shocked at the FTC guy comment. cheesy
He is indifferent unlike before.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by AfricanApple(f): 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

Strongly Disagreed

yes it exist among lower animals

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by AfricanApple(f): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
masonkz:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

Leviticus 19:19 “Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”

Leviticus 19:27 “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”

I hope you're keeping to this, especially the part about women. If you aren't, thwn you have no right to judge me based on your religion, cos you're also bound for hell, according to you. Better go and read you Bible very well, since you think you can choose and apply whatever you want.
how come women preach in the church
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
AfricanApple:
yes it exist among lower animals
Have you seen them before?

If it does... should higher animals be exhibiting the mentality/characteristics of lower animals... shouldn't it be the other way round.

Or should we say those group of higher animals are still undergoing evolution?
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yes! tongue

This kind of thread amass highest number of hypocrites.

I was shocked at the FTC guy comment. cheesy
He is indifferent unlike before.
Seuuuun should make you a hypocrisy mod

Hehehegrin

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

If it does... should higher animals be exhibiting the mentality/characteristics of lower animals... shouldn't it be the other way round.

Lol.
Stop twisting to suit yourself.

I know you ne'er agreed that lower animal do exhibit it.

Going by your latter belief and someone that once commented here, "if lower animal don't do it, it means higher animal don't have to do it".
You're now twisting it to suit yourself. cheesy
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
AfricanApple:
how come women preach in the church

Ask them, and the op.

They're all committing sin angry
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
masonkz:
@Francistony

Now you believe me when I said Bible writers were misogynists.

And to think they really got their inspiration from above.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

Yea right. I've actually come to realise that animals actually are higher than humans in certain ways.

for one: they don't gather round to burn each other and watch while the flames consume them.

if that's not the lowest of animal behaviour, I don't know what is.

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

@Francistony

Now you believe me when I said Bible writers were misogynists.

And to think they really got their inspiration from above.

To be sincere, all these thing don't move me again.

I don't know whether I'm an atheist, theist(christian) deist or Agnostic.

Agnostic fits a confused person like me. grin
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by herald9: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol.
Stop twisting to suit yourself.

I know you ne'er agreed that lower animal do exhibit it.

Going by your latter belief and someone that once commented here, "if lower animal don't do it, it means higher animal don't have to do it".
You're now twisting it to suit yourself. cheesy
If I've sighted one before ..I would've tried to find reasons to justify their actions.

But it seems the animals around me are wiser and their instinct seems to be working properly.

I'm left wondering whether It's just the natural habit of humans to want to explore and do the undoable.
Re: Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God by AfricanApple(f): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
herald9:

then don't have sex or eat becos lower animals do dsame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday / Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. / Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.