Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

What Do You Expect After Death - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Expect After Death (6674 Views)

Prophet Victor Ajibishe: Expect Bomb Blasts In 4 Different Parts Of Abuja / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Bishop Oyedepo Reveals 6 Prophesies To Expect At Shiloh 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Okijajuju1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ Topic

Game over. . .

Prolly re-incarnation if I'm lucky (based on the theory of Life being a circle. .  Birth, death and re-birth)
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by oobim(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
in heaven,singing 'halleluya,to d lord God almighty'.how it would be to see billions of hands lifted in worship to d most high.one thing is certain;there is life after here
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
I don tire for unreasonable arguments undecided
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Godmann(m): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
Simplistic ideas. Who told u guys the world we are is this simple.

I expect to be judged in a natural but complex way, and to continue my existence in some form incomprehensible to me until when the times comes. I also understand that at that point in time, that I may not be able to link my then existence up with the present life. But I believe that the state of my existence in the then hereafter will be derived from my present actions. I do not believe any religion holds the truth as to our existence after here, but I see a common thread which must be close to the truth.

Nevertheless, personal experiences and documented accounts strongly attest to a life after death. The form however we can never fully understand.

I believe I came from a source who will therefore hold me to some kind of account and who will place me in some other existence (not excluding coming back to earth via re-incarnation) based on how well I conduct myself presently.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Mobinga: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
As soon as I saw the thread title I knew the Atheists and Agnostics would start their raping spree.

You can't disprove the tenancy of a soul in you.

So, let this thread fade into its miserable oblivion.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
When I die, I just expect to be buried and forgotten. Nothing else is necessary.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Moremony: 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
John 14:2-3

In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Cine(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
Godman_n

Nevertheless, personal experiences and documented accounts strongly attest to a life after death. The form however we can never fully understand.

Unless you've spoken to someone who is completely brain dead, then they're not talking from "personal experiences".

Until Nicolaus Copernicus came along and said that the earth wasn't at the centre of the universe, people seemed happy in their ignorance -- that somehow we were at the centre of it all, and had been put here to serve a higher purpose.

As humans, our ego gets the better of us. We think we're the most special, more so than the other animals or beasts roaming the earth/universe. Well unfortunately we as humans aren't alone in our cognitive abilities and it seems that animals are capable of emotion and cognition.

There are more stars in our universe than there are grains of sand on earth, and our sun is almost 100million miles away, maybe we are the special ones in this ridiculously vast universe thats so big it's beyond all human comprehension. Going on probability alone, our chances are very slim.

That said, if there is a soul, that goes on after death, then science will eventually be able to tell us. It's just a matter of time.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by alfablondy: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
I believe man is made up of soul and body. The soul could be controlled by an external power or spirit be it good or bad. science only have explaination for the physical part of man.

For those of you that believe there is no spiritual aspect to life you are in the dark. I have seen a life fowl, which was caught in my presence dropping dead in my presence after a series of incantations. If you see the way the fowl ran for its dear life before finally being caught you will think it knew its time has come.  grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
Honestly, I expect nothing after death. Nothing, absolutely nothing. I only pray my death is relatively painless.
And if indeed there is something after death, whatever it is, I want it to spare me my clueless rest! angry
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mobinga:

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew the Atheists and Agnostics would start their Desecrating spree.

You can't disprove the tenancy of a soul in you.

So, let this thread fade into its miserable oblivion.
what do you mean "tenancy"? Then you should prove the tenancy of a soul then! Come on! You are not at liberty to draw conclusions on other people's souls!
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Holyviktor: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
is there anything like , devil, ritual witchcraft and all sorts from evil world?
And do they manipulate human being,
Have you see any?
if ur answer is YES please, respect God and His word for ur life,
Get a manual for ur life, you can live urlife anyhow,
Mark 8:36 for what shall it profit a man, if he may gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Digriz(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
After death then u face ur creator and no one cn tel me that there is no God.  God is absolute real because wtout hm i wont be here typing ths.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Digriz(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
Holyviktor:

is there anything like , devil, ritual witchcraft and all sorts from evil world?
Have you see any?
Mark 8:36 for what shall it profit a man, if he may gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

Re: What Do You Expect After Death by shumno(f): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
My permanent destination, Heaven where my Lord and my king is preparing for me to be eternally. I'd rather have faith and believe that heaven is real and find myself there than dis believe and later on discover that I ve missed due to my  hardened heart and quest to always prove things physically. My Bible which I choose to believe in tells me that without faith it is impossible to please God,because those who come to Him MUST believe that He exists and is a rewarder of all who diligently seek HIM. MY GOD IS REAL!
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Godmann(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2012
Cine:

Godman_n

Unless you've spoken to someone who is completely brain dead, then they're not talking from "personal experiences".

Until Nicolaus Copernicus came along and said that the earth wasn't at the centre of the universe, people seemed happy in their ignorance -- that somehow we were at the centre of it all, and had been put here to serve a higher purpose.

As humans, our ego gets the better of us. We think we're the most special,  more so than the other animals or beasts roaming the earth/universe. Well unfortunately we as humans aren't alone in our cognitive abilities and it seems that animals are capable of emotion and cognition.

There are more stars in our universe than there are grains of sand on earth, and our sun is almost 100million miles away,  maybe we are the special ones in this ridiculously vast universe thats so big it's beyond all human comprehension. Going on probability alone, our chances are very slim.

That said, if there is a soul, that goes on after death, then science will eventually be able to tell us. It's just a matter of time.

I completely agree with you especially as regards my stated "personal experience", but "the vastness of the universe" and "the minuteness of we humans" do not take aware the element of holding us to accounts. I believe nature is in an orderly and continuously evolving state. The judgement I foresee come along as part of the laws that guides this orderliness. Just like all the observed biological, chemical and physical laws that gave rise to the body called science. Basically, Science is a study of these laws (But we are presently dealing with a very limited amount of them owing to our very limited ability as humans).

I find it difficult to comprehend how all creatures will be brought together for judgement. But see it easy in the ways of nature (just the ways immensed objects float according to their weight in fluid), or the ways every biological existence must come to an end (death).

I see the whole creating process which gave rise to our life, and which will take aware our life at the points of deaths as a continuous process of nature. It was, this nature that brought about Evolution. I am also a strong believe in the evolution theory, but I believe Darwin went beyond his ability in trying to prove or disprove "God". Believe me, science will never get near to this. The steps ahead are far in excess of what man can comprehend in billions of years to come.

Thanks for making me think about even judging what I took for granted as personal experience which may after all be just movement of brain electronic signals that might have been triggered by things other than "soul, spirit, God or even gods"

A study of natural cycle, bio-chemical systems shows the existence of some kind of master programmer/developer. I call all those forces beyond my comprehension nature. To me they equate to "God"

Its singularity or plurality does not make much sense since we all humans may belong to a singular entity after all. We may all be different manifestation of one big entity (Probably the "God"wink
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by 76Naira(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Rest!
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
Holyviktor:

Have you see any?

If the answer is YES, please contact James Randi with detailed evidence and you get $1M undecided
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Emilo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
My response would simple be, before the very second i was delivered into this world (and some times later), i just can't remember a single thing, So when i am gone i dont think i would remember a dime. So why bother myself,

However, in the words of my father, "Son live a good life so that others can emulate and sharpen the world",

About soul, same response, i dont know where my soul was before i came, so i wouldn't kn where it would be going after. Scientifically, the soul, mind, tissues, bones, muscle etc, are all reactions of chemical processes, wink
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by mufc009(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
Dariye:

So with this intense arguement,this is what u hv 2 contribute. grin
Gbam
Best answer so far
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
U come back again. Re-incarnation
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by jspac(m): 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
I Will go on my knees begging,

oh please God don't send me to hell,i can't endure the pain and suffering down there because i have gone too soft on earth.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Cine(m): 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
A study of natural cycle, bio-chemical systems shows the existence of some kind of master programmer/developer. I call all those forces beyond my comprehension nature. To me they equate to "God"

A Deist God isn't out of the question. I could understand that logically. Even if it's an advanced alien race -- that could be some father of mankind type being (like the space jockey from the Alien film). Who knows We could all just be in the Matrix. It could very well be the Moslem God or Abrahamic God that created us, or perhaps reincarnation (budha) etc,

I LOVE the idea of having a soul that lives on. It means I'm not really dead when my body dies. Who doesn't love a good resurrection story. I love the idea of Jesus. So do many. So did people Before Jesus Christ even lived. Take the story of Horus, born of a virgin; under a star, threatened with death as a baby, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind, died on the cross and was resurrected after 3 days. Attis has a very similar story, born of a virgin, was crucified, died, was resurrected after three days -- take Dionysus, born on xmas day to a virgin etc etc etc, there are dozen of these stories before Christ, no one takes them seriously anymore,

My point being, with each generation of human, it seems our egos, superegos, and ID get the better of us. We can't die, we're too important, we must live on, we were created in the image of divinity etc.

Not to say there isn't a soul and all these nice things happen when our body dies, but, I have to take into consideration the fact that I myself don't want to be limited to potentially what, 70? 80? 90 years if I'm lucky.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
when you die, you seize to exist.
it is an absolute mental disarray for living humans to talk/predict what happens after death. non can even explain the circumstances surrounding an ordinary sleep.
have you ever slept like a baby that the next thing you saw was day-break? that entire night when you were unconsciously lying on your bed without awareness was a brief death.
its a pity religion has deceived human race a great deal.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by FXKing2012(m): 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Do animals have souls? What happens to their's when they die?

God did not breathe the breath of life into animals so they dont have souls. When animals die, then thatz the end.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by FXKing2012(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
It beats my imagination how anyone could even imagine that there is no God despite the evidence all around us. Some people mumu pass mumu for this world. No smart person can ever say there is no God or even doubt the existence of God.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
FXKing2012:

God did not breathe the breath of life into animals so they dont have souls. When animals die, then thatz the end.
Please stop F'uc'King up, what do you mean he did not breathe the breath of life into animals? So how do animals live? What did God do?
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by mazaje(m): 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
FXKing2012:

He breath the breath of death into animals right?. . . .You are a joke. . .
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
[size=13pt]The afterlife is a place of dark, unknown pleasures. . . Hell is merely a sinners heaven grin grin ( That's why i Ogaga sin with all boldness ). A place where the "God fearing" would be tormented. In the final war between "God" and Lord Satan, Hell will raise up, and burn heaven to the ground taking over. Lord Satan the prince of darkness will become God openly as his the right creature of the whole World. wink wink[/size]
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Mobinga: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
sauer:

what do you mean "tenancy"? Then you should prove the tenancy of a soul then! Come on! You are not at liberty to draw conclusions on other people's souls!
This is a two way thing. You can't prove it's not there either.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
no one knows what happens after death, the rest are just mere speculations.
Re: What Do You Expect After Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
[size=13pt]Then u should kindly go tell those Christians u know to stop claiming what they dont know , . . grin[/size]

makeitsoon:

no one knows what happens after death, the rest are just mere speculations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / The Speck In Your Eyes / Have You Ever Preach To A Backslider Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.