Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Dim Ojukwu: My Reflections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dim Ojukwu: My Reflections (453 Views)

Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dim Ojukwu: My Reflections by Goldcon: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2012
The exit of this great Titan has again reechoed the fact that, many people can talk of what they want and what they believe in but only a minute few are ready to stand up for what they believe in. If you don’t have a course to die for, you don’t have a cause to live. Most people pray to God to solve their problem while the wise pray to God for the strength and wisdom to solve their problem. I think God prefers the second lot.

Ojukwu and his people fought and died for a course they believed in. It is so unfortunate that the problems they saw and fought against several decades ago are exactly our greatest challenge today as a country, even at the very time of his death. I have keenly observed it and can personal avow the common fact that prevention is better than cure.

All the solutions we try to proffer today on the issue of security (Boko Haram) etc, are just very good efforts at solving the problem but they are not addressing the cause of the problem. Every foundational problem like the one we have in Nigeria must be addressed from the foundation.

Great one, you have done your part and now gone to rest. As you go, salute them that have gone aforetime. Salute them that fell ‘cause of the course. Pray the powers beyond to curse for us them that cause us to fear, pray even the Supreme Lord to help us see today, what you saw yesterday, that we may see tomorrow that tomorrow that we seek.

Rest In Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Sues Pointblank News For N10 Billion / A Call For National Protest / W/bank Presidency: Zuma, Ouattara, Others Pressure Jonathan To Release Okonjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.