Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University (14657 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
The Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG) has asked every family in the church to donate #50,000 to support the relocation of Redeemers University from the camp to the permanent site in Ede, Osun State.
Sometimes ago, the pastors were asked to pay #10,000 each to have lunch with the general overseer (I think this happens yearly).

I'm just wondering, what would Jesus do? Is it really right making demands off church members this way?

I would like your thoughts on this but bear in mind that they are not forced to cough out the money, it's totally voluntary.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by crossman9(m): 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
Well we should all give out of the heart and not forced and redeemed church of God IS WELL balance
In their teaching but in hard times people won't always give
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Goshen360(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
FXKing2012:

The Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG) has asked every family in the church to donate #50,000 to support the relocation of Redeemers University from the camp to the permanent site in Ede, Osun State.
Sometimes ago, the pastors were asked to pay #10,000 each to have lunch with the general overseer (I think this happens yearly).

I'm just wondering, what would Jesus do? Is it really right making demands off church members this way?

I would like your thoughts on this but bear in mind that they are not forced to cough out the money, it's totally voluntary.

In RED answers the question sir. As long as they are not forced or under undue pressure to do it. However, to mention a specific amount is INDIRECT FORCE OR UNDUE PRESSURE. Not everybody can afford 50k. It would have been by scripture principles, "EVERY MAN AS HE PURPOSES IN HIS HEART"

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Cor. 9:7, KJV

1 Like

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by crossman9(m): 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
goshen360 are you not saying hi tonight
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Goshen360(m): 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2012
crossman9:

goshen360 are you not saying hi tonight

Sorry, didn't sign in my msger. Planning to step out soon anyway.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by crossman9(m): 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
ok bless
grin
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by afrobaby(f): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2012
The first question on ma mind is , is the university tuition free?, since students pay school fees, the school is being operated just like any other uni, d school should be able to cater for dia needs rather than asking members either forcefully or otherwise to donate
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by OmoPastor(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2012
@ op
if you pray enough Jesus will tel you what He would have done.
are you a member of the church? if not, please buzz off and stay clear, it does not concern you but if you are a member then do not give if you do not have it

at least you a fair enough to be honest here.
if its voluntary then i see no reason why you should be offended by it.

Please i want to participate in this and i will surely do. its another avenue to give into the kingdom.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 9:22am On Mar 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ opif you pray enough Jesus will tel you what He would have done.
are you a member of the church? if not, please buzz off and stay clear, it does not concern you but if you are a member then do not give if you do not have it

Please i want to participate in this and i will surely do. its another avenue to give into the kingdom.

1) Yes I could say I'm a member.

2) I never said I was offended, just needed some clarifications and more thoughts on the issue.

3) Pls wld u be kind enough to explain how this is giving into the kingdom? What connection is the university with the business of soul winning? Are u even aware only the rich can afford to attend the university?

Make no mistake about it, I'm a core Christian (and perhaps even a fundamentalist) but there are certain things being practised in churches today which are simply not in line with what Jesus did, how Jesus lived and what Jesus would have done.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Kx: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2012
The issue is not whether they are forced to "donate" or not. Why make the request at all in the first place?

How many of the would be "free donators" can pay their wards through the school's tuition and other fees?

If the donations are freewill are they should be, should nt the request be extended to every Nigerian Christians or all Nigerians?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by baslone: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2012
I doubt if ,fraudsters, scammers and yahoo boys force money out of their victims either.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dan6019(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2012
the person that started the thread didn't have the right information and you contributors just passed your comments blindly, find out first before passing judgement so that you will not incur wrath of God on yourself, be wise.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by PastorKun(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2012
If truly they are making this request, I wonder what they do with the illicit tithes and bountiful offerings they collect from their members regularly. Rccg as long exposed itself to be a fraudulent organisation I wonder how they have managed to keep so many people under their spell for this long.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by cautious: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ opif you pray enough Jesus will tel you what He would have done.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread until I saw this remark in highlight. It's shocking that we view church with the lens of denomination. Such a myopic definition! So the OP has no right to pass a comment except he is a "member"? My brother, there is ONE church and any blood-bought member of Christ's body can raise concerns about a part of the same body, so long as the motive is right. Please read 1 Cor 1:11-15. Sectarianism is unscriptural and extremely divisive.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2012
@ Topic

This is very wrong. . .

And they are being forced sir. .  Not all "force" comes with a gun or a clear "by force" statement attached to it. There is something called coersion. Most christians have failed to acknowledge the power of coersion hence the reason why they keep attaching the "Nobody is being forced" to it. .  My own father have given out 3 of our cars to churches at different times. .  In as much as I am not complaining and he says the "spirit" led him to, the truth is that all 3 times, he did it because he was coerced into doing it. .

Redeemed like every other church uses this same trickery. .  They make a simple demand like this and ofcourse, nobody is being forced (atleast not with a gun). .  But in truth, your mind has been worked on long before now to prepare you towards releasing this money. .  Many people who would give this 50,000 would not even have it readily avaliable or it wouldnt be convienient to part with that sum, but because its for church, which means for God, they would, in anticipation of a reciprocative blessing from God, which almost never ever comes. . .

I'm sorry, but this isnt biblical. . .  Its evil to say the least (because its not like the children of those who contributed towards the building of that school would be given any sort of discount/scholarship in tuition for their wards when time comes for them to attend the school. . . This is exploitative at best. .

Lets call a spade a spade.  

What has a church owning a university got to do with spreading the gospel of christ. .   angry

God, cant wait to Bleep alot of christians up on Judgement day. . .    angry
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by OldBushman(m): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2012
What most people forget in Nigeria is that these churches are incorporated, they are companies. The irony is that the members are not paid as in proper corporations.
Where is the accumulated wealth of these modern day churches? They have billions in the bank and continue to tax the already impoverished masses who thought they could find solace in their congregation. Even multinationals who are core capitalist give bonuses to their workers when they make good profit. Pretentious religion or fanaticism will never get us anywhere near heaven. National assembly, FIRS and the EFCC should please watch the activities of these churches. shocked shocked
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by gegee(m): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2012
I doubt if ,fraudsters, scammers and yahoo boys force money out of their victims either.

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by kollymercy(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2012
What i will say is may God forgive the Poster!! And all of us too.

1. Rccg did not ask EVERY member to donate 50k each! I am a member!

2. What we were ask is a voluntary donation starting from 100 naira monthly!! Yes, N100!! There re about 10 category and you can choose wherever you think is ok for your pocket!! right from N100 monthly! to any amount you can give!

3. Even as little as N100 monthly contribution is, it is still not compulsory!

4. Rccg did not ask every pastor 10k for a dinner with the GO!!, chei! Only the covenant partners have a dinner once a year!! And becoming a covenant partner is voluntary and doesn't make u less a member if u dont join.

Poster, you know what this kind of topic can cause, and you still went ahead without verifying your info! That really speak a volume!

May God help us o,
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by omo9ja1(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2012
well we need fact on the story, let not jump to conclusion

also if the church is in need I think is more better for member to be ask to donate, the miracle of the fishes and loaf is a perfect example

for you haters of the gospel you insult other peoples religion like no mans business if anything is said against your religion you start killing destroying beautiful things in the name of WHO?

be warm you will account for every word, action you take
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by gegee(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2012
My own father have given out 3 of our cars to churches at different times. .

now i know why u get mad anytime u hear the word pastor or church lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by deshclones(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2012
FXKing2012:

May you be blessed and remember Jesus loves you as always.

am impressed, shocked shocked this is a clear case of class over  trash, you  refuse to be equated with that stupid low life , keep it up cool cool
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 06, 2012
Of course it's not forced, but we all know what is implied!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2012
kollymercy:

What i will say is may God forgive the Poster!! And all of us too.

1. Rccg did not ask EVERY member to donate 50k each! I am a member!

2. What we were ask is a voluntary donation starting from 100 naira monthly!! Yes, N100!! There re about 10 category and you can choose wherever you think is ok for your pocket!! right from N100 monthly! to any amount you can give!

3. Even as little as N100 monthly contribution is, it is still not compulsory!

4. Rccg did not ask every pastor 10k for a dinner with the GO!!, chei! Only the covenant partners have a dinner once a year!! And becoming a covenant partner is voluntary and doesn't make u less a member if u dont join.

Poster, you know what this kind of topic can cause, and you still went ahead without verifying your info! That really speak a volume!

May God help us o,

OP is AGENT OF THE DEVIL: NLers beware on your comments
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2012
When has NL become a place to bash pastors and Churches SEUN Becareful before your source of income crumble.

The Bible says, TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM!!!!!!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Kx: 10:00am On Mar 06, 2012
kollymercy:

4. Rccg did not ask every pastor 10k for a dinner with the GO!!,  chei! Only the covenant partners have a dinner once a year!! And becoming a covenant partner is voluntary and doesn't make u less a member if u dont join.

Are u clarifying that covenant members pay the 10k for "dinner" whenever it is "scheduled once a year"?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by OldBushman(m): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2012
Agreed they were not forced but 'ASKED' to contribute from N100 to ten categories. What about the other contributions in form of tithe and offering or is it only Abacha and politicians we accuse of accumulating wealth. shocked
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by masotemi: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2012
This post is not true as no member of RCCG is mandated to donate any specific sum for the RUN permanent site project. I would advice posters on issues relating to religious organizations to find out the truth and desist from playing to the gallery.
The Christian faith is tolerant, but people should stop abusing this tolerance with malicious and unsubstantiated reports!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by onyxo76(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2012
Am a rccg member and nobody asked us to donate any amount towards any university project. The only thing related is when daddy GO's birthday came up and we asked to give cash gifts as alternatives to other gifts we might want to give through our various parishes. The cash gifts were to be donated towards the university project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / Obasanjo Introduced Corruption Into The Church -primate Ayodele Slams OBJ / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.