Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? (651 Views)

Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday / 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 06, 2012
www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/38849-mark-rogue-pension-administrators-stealing-blood-money.html

Senate President, David Mark, yesterday
said pension fund administrators pilfering
funds meant to pay pensioners are
accumulating "blood money."
Mark noted that mind boggling stories
making the rounds indicate that pension
administrators in the country are perhaps
among the richest Nigerians.
Represented by the Senate Leader, Senator
Victor Ndoma-Egba, at the on-going probe
of the management of pension funds by the
Senate Joint Committee on Establishment,
Public Service, States and Local
Governments, Mark said, such stupendous
wealth if made from pensioners’ funds, is
blood money.
He noted that the moral strength of a
nation is determined by how vulnerable
citizens are treated and the level of
appreciation shown to those who served
the nation faithfully.
He charged relevant agencies to conduct
thorough investigation to determine the
truth or otherwise about allegations of
massive fraud at pension offices.
Ndoma-Egba, who used his parents as
examples of the difficulties pensioners
going through, said: "I have parents. Both
my father and my mother are alive and
they are pensioners and I know the
difficulties they go through."
Director-General, National Pension
Commission (PENCOM), Mohammed
Kabiru Ahmed, urged the committee not to
spare anybody found culpable tampering
with funds meant for pensioners.
Re: David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by jamace(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2012
Those PFAs are killing civil servants. They collect huge sum of money on behalf of retirees and pay peanuts to the retirees. It is high time that scheme got scrapped.
Re: David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by okosodo: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2012
Pot calling kettle black
Re: David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by kokoA(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2012
A country that fails to treat her elders well will never prosper. sad sad
Re: David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by FrankC3: 9:15am On Mar 06, 2012
Does i mean that when a pot calls kettle black, that it compromises the truth in any way? Same logic that make people come to nairaland screaming that Sylva is being witch-hunted or Bankole's Father shouting persecution when in fact his son is faced with cold hard facts of corrupt enrichment.

No wonder Peter Obi made it clear that Nigerians encourage their leaders to steal. Now, the question is DO YOU??
Re: David Mark: Rogue Pension Administrators Stealing Blood Money: Really? What About Legislators? by okosodo: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2012
kokoA:

A country that fails to treat her elders well will never prosper. sad sad
who is your elder. David mark the worlds second most deadly election rigger , second only to the great thief tony anenih

(1) (Reply)

Cessation Of Encylopedia Britannica Printing / How Osun Monarch Raped Me –ex-corps Member Tells Court / Cartoon: Why The World Bank Didn’t Pick Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.