Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe (10313 Views)

See What Happens To Some Nigerians Who Try To Cross To Europe Via Sahara Desert / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Pitures Of Illegal Immigration To Europe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by stepo707: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2012
A man suspected to be suffering from mental problem was overpowered Monday, by passengers after he had gained access to the most secure part of the international terminal, the airside, at the Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos.

The man was said to have vandalised the boarding gate at the airport and gained access to the tarmac with the intention of boarding an aircraft to Europe.

THISDAY gathered that on getting into the tarmac, the man, whose identity could not be ascertained, shouted, "I want to go abroad; I want to go to Europe. Please give way for me to go."

His screaming caused stampede at the tarmac such that intending passengers feared the man was a terrorist and some of them began to scamper out of the area around the lunatic. But some of the courageous passengers approached him and others went to call security operatives who promptly apprehended him and took him away.

From his bevahiour, his dressing and knack of breaking through barricades, instead of following the right place, prompted many to believe that the man was insane.

This was later confirmed by those who got close to him. The General Manager, public affairs of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Akin Olukunle, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview said the mad man had been arrested and handed over to the police for interrogation.

Olukunle stated that if it were established that the 'passenger' was mentally challenged, the police would take him to the rehabilitation centre for treatment.

"The arrested person was a lunatic who, wanted to travel out of the country by all means. But, he was immediately overpowered by the security operatives attached to the airport. After investigation, and if confirmed he was mad, he would be taken to a rehabilitation centre," Olukunle explained.

Kai! Even mad man self don tire for Naija!!!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201203060070.html
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Lilnikee(m): 10:25am On Mar 06, 2012
Funny Story. Everyone Wants to leave Naija o, SMH
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by sheyee(m): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
witches and wizards at it again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by binigirl(f): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
Na wa o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, so even mad man don tire 2 stay naija. grin grin grin
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Dyt(f): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
i wont b surprised if dats one of d reasons he went mad

1 Like

Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by DeeJ1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
grin
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by kizito96(m): 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
Has Nigeria become so bad that even mad men are even seeking to go abroad? Jonathan are you watching?

1 Like

Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by holluwizzy: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
Mad man tries to Run away from Nigeria?? undecided

Only In Jonathan Term Can Man See Many Things Which Even The Man That refuse to die never Did

Mad Man ---- Dont think so , Relate the problem to what is happenning in the country,

Me self don tire the country, every body in the country is mad as in scoin scoin, especially the Law Makers and Top Govt Workers

Starting from the leader who gave Nigeria A shocking New year gift. Isn't that part of madness?? cool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by pendo89(f): 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
bini girl:

Na wa o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, so even mad man don tire 2 stay naija. grin grin grin

You got me laughing so hard,I interrrupted work!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by agabaI23(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
Dyt:

i wont b surprised if dats one of d reasons he went mad
That was exactly my thought.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Krazylover: 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by ojeycombo(m): 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
grin grin grin imagine Mad man aboard a First class cabin. cool he go just open window down sharp sharp, interesting. Jonathan's administration full of woes.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by brighter: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
Is he really mad or just a disguise  hoping it works for him?
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by uchlukez(f): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
room702:

lmao.
His names oladimeji segun
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by LEXYLOV: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
If really confirmed mad. That means the cause of his madness. But i guess if that is not ploy by a stow way man who get busted and change the story undecided
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by ziccoit: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
Were gan mo pe Nigeria o easy, o fe ja danu.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by gide: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
nija has now become so undesirable that even mad men wanna jet off? this is so terrible, if we dont begin to turn things around in nigeria even flies will one day desert this country.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by JUO(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
so even mad man don tire 2 stay naija[quote][/quote] lol
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Ogbodavies(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
ee ya,see wetin subsidy cause,no more free meal 4 waste bin,no more left over in d street e.t.c,he should try cotonou or chad instead of europe
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by dohome: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2012
Its a pity that the situation of this country is so terrible that one can disguise in whatever form in order to escape from this country, if it works for him other people will take cue and act likewise
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
Probably a nairalander. grin

1 Like

Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Dyt(f): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
^ means we v all sorts ofcreatures n beings on ere?
noddin head
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by sesanayo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
From different angle, it could be a spiritual attack,
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Tinax(f): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
may be it's pretence, hr in lagos someone will pretend to be mad just to grab free food frm sellrs nd sleep under the bridge wt out disturbnc frm area boys. "Obodo bu igwe, ndi no na ya bu iron"
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
Any tribal comment will be deleted, you can have your little silly tribal war in other sections, not here.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by foley(m): 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
from all the posted comments, it's obvious no one has noticed the security implication of a mad man gaining access to secure areas of an airport. What if he was a boko haram suicide bomber This is no laughing matter, it's very serious.
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Dyt(f): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^ well it must v bn blown
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Muttex(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
shocked grin shocked I CANT LAFFF OOOO, LOL, MAD MAN KE?
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by atasteve: 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
Until when we are bold enough to pray, prepare and change our attitudes, we will always believe that the grass is greener at the other side (which is obviously not true.)
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by elewele100: 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
@foley,very well said
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by Onyenna(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2012
foley:

from all the posted comments, it's obvious no one has noticed the security implication of a mad man gaining access to secure areas of an airport. What if he was a boko haram suicide bomber This is no laughing matter, it's very serious.

Exactly my thought!!! If a mad man can stroll into a secured place in an airport what will now happen if a sane man goes there with a BOMB!!!?. . .jjeeeeeezzzzzz!!!!
Re: Madman Gets Tired Of Naija,wants To Go To Europe by hbrednic: 2:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
stepo707:

A man suspected to be suffering from mental problem was overpowered Monday, by passengers after he had gained access to the most secure part of the international terminal, the airside, at the Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos.

The man was said to have vandalised the boarding gate at the airport and gained access to the tarmac with the intention of boarding an aircraft to Europe.

THISDAY gathered that on getting into the tarmac, the man, whose identity could not be ascertained, shouted, "I want to go abroad; I want to go to Europe. Please give way for me to go."

His screaming caused stampede at the tarmac such that intending passengers feared the man was a terrorist and some of them began to scamper out of the area around the lunatic. But some of the courageous passengers approached him and others went to call security operatives who promptly apprehended him and took him away.

From his bevahiour, his dressing and knack of breaking through barricades, instead of following the right place, prompted many to believe that the man was insane.

This was later confirmed by those who got close to him. The General Manager, public affairs of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Akin Olukunle, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview said the mad man had been arrested and handed over to the police for interrogation.

Olukunle stated that if it were established that the 'passenger' was mentally challenged, the police would take him to the rehabilitation centre for treatment.

"The arrested person was a lunatic who, wanted to travel out of the country by all means. But, he was immediately overpowered by the security operatives attached to the airport. After investigation, and if confirmed he was mad, he would be taken to a rehabilitation centre," Olukunle explained.

Kai! Even mad man self don tire for Naija!!!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201203060070.html

silly fake news,how can a lunatic vandalize the boarding gate and got to the tarmac unopposed? na pure lie
"his screaming caused stamped on the tarmac" is that so ? abeg find another jist,this one no jel lai lai

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 40,000 Passports Ready, Yet To Be Collected – NIS / Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads / Taxify Expands Footprint To Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.