Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? (951 Views)

Sepp Blatter And Michel Platini Banned From Football For Eight Years By Fifa / Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com / Michel Platini Elected As UEFA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? by RuuDie(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
Many said it would spoil the glamour and lessen the competitiveness of the UCL, allowing relatively obscure teams from the 'weaker' European Leagues get a shot at playing in the group stages.
Having seen the remarkable run of a certain Apoel Nicosia . . . .do you think Platini this is a vindication for Platini and his policy change or this is just another flash in a pan moment!!?
Re: The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? by ow11(m): 10:16am On Mar 08, 2012
They are just Dynamo Kyiv of the late 90s. Massive summer sales this year would balance out this anomaly wink
Re: The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? by chic2pimp(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
^^^^ I don't see it. That kiev side had extremely talented players like Sheva,Rebrov and Kaladzhe. And there were oe of the best sides in europe in the late 90s. This Apoel side is more about team ethic than anything else
Re: The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? by RuuDie(m): 5:28am On Mar 17, 2012
chic2pimp: ^^^^ I don't see it. That kiev side had extremely talented players like Sheva,Rebrov and Kaladzhe. And there were oe of the best sides in europe in the late 90s. This Apoel side is more about team ethic than anything else

I was just gonna say the same - they don't seem to have an particular stnd-out, star performer; its all more of team effort.
Guess theirs will serve as a tonic for other 'smaller' clubs to step into the limelight and shine. . . . .I was hoping they would get Marseille or Benfica in the draws but who knows; history in the making perharps, the fairy-tale of all fairy-tales
Re: The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? by ow11(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2012
C'mon Ailton and the Charalamwhatcamacallit grin are a notch better than the rest of the team. However, I agree they are based on strong work ethic but some players would leave in the summer. I seriously doubt that minnows in Europe would begin to play high tempo games and this would somehow begin to trump talent.

All elite clubs will just wake up and force talented players to be super athletes (C. Ronaldo) and it is back to business as usual.

(1) (Reply)

Carlo Ancellotti Sacked By Chelsea (with £6.5m Pay-off) / How To Make Steady Wins Using The Zero Risk Betting System / Can any of this clubs (arsenal,Mutd,real,barca,liverpool) afford Enyeama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.