Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

War Of The Deportation Between Nigeria And South, Who Bails The Cat? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Of The Deportation Between Nigeria And South, Who Bails The Cat? (653 Views)

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Charles Novia, Foluke Daramola In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

War Of The Deportation Between Nigeria And South, Who Bails The Cat? by amakaikeng(f): 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
In the last six days, I have been a keen observer of the current brewing storm or war of deportation as I like to call it between the Nigerian government and South Africa.
The fact that the South African authorities deemed it fit to deport 125 Nigerians including Senator Victor Ndoma Egba (SAN) a serving senator on board an Air Arik plane on 2 March, 2012 for the possession of purported 'fake yellow fever cards' is certainly an unsavoury pill too bitter for the Nigerian government to swallow.

To the excitement of many Nigerians, the fact that the Nigerian government is going on a retaliation programme is a welcome development, first it was 26 South Africans, then 56 on Monday night and we are still counting, as much as I find the drama fascinating, I still have my reservations, I mean, one begins to wonder where all of this will lead us as African conutries. To my mind, this would certainly pitch Nigerians against South Africans and vise versa. Just this morning I got a photo of a Nigerian woman that was attacked by the South African police, this is coming on the heels of the news which hit the social media yesterday that food was thrown out of a restaurant to beggars in SA just because it belongs to a Nigerian.
Continue to read more at http://amakaikenga..com/2012/03/war-of-deportation-between-nigeria-and.html

(1) (Reply)

Go Sale Your Cows Tomatoes And Every Thing You Have And Dont Come Distub Us Fg / The Economist: Hats Off To Ngozi / Indicted Odili To Get 8 Police Security, 2 Houses And Exotic Cars As Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.