Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu (6724 Views)

Adesina And Garba Will Have Serious Challenges Defending Buhari, Says Tinubu / PDP Lacks Integrity To Query Buhari’s Certificate, Says Tinubu / Nigeria Is The 6th Largest Oil Producing Nation Yet The Poorest.why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu by Detongue: 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
Tinubu a big joke, can u imagine d tif talking?
Re: We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu by deelobe: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
this is pot calling kettle black. Tinub u is not any better. when I hear him pointing finger i get upset because the remaining four point at him. What has he done for this nation. They are all birds of the same feathers.
Re: We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu by igboboy1(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
sojimade:

Asiwaju Tinubu, you might be right by saying we are not a nation. But d truth remains that had we been enlightened when d protectorates were merged together, we would have abort the plan now see what it has cause us today yet we still celebrate those that cause us this pain. Lets wise up had biafra been allowed to be a republic our problems would have been lesser. lets split up and each and every one of us face their business squarely

God Bless Ojukwu a man with foresight,

So if Biafra could have lessen your burden why fight to keep the "burden" part of you? I call it foolishness and daftness thats why,

If only your coward agwo-wolowo could have had the wisdom of Ojukwu you wouldn't be in this mess today.

45 yrs ago una say igbo must join una , now 45yrs later igbos are the burden? CONFUSED LOTS

I swear agwo-wolowo free education na wayo, u guys are sophisticated rascals like my president GEJ said
Re: We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu by Iolo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
There's a lot of things Jonathan and the present NASS can do to mend or should I say patch the present set-up.

First things first, unbundle LG and State govt acs, bring the LGs directly under INEC so the average Nigerian would know who he's LG chairman is - as they also vote for their Pres and Gov.

Other issues such as allowing the states dig up their own solid minerals and pay taxes could be embarked upon on an experimental scale to see how it'd work out in the long run.

They should abolish the entire concept of Federal roads and allow each state create its own road safety agency, as well as have deir own Number plates and licenses.

Once we begin to have a more robust nation with these things in place, it'd be eaSier for us all to understand our positions.

Cause right nw, the chances that any SNC will end in fist-fights is more like 95% in my books. I can only imagine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish / We Are Not Financially Independent ― INEC / Umahi Swears-In Ebonyi LG Chairmen, Councillors Despite Court Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.