Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,088 members, 7,957,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

How Would You Describe Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Describe Nigerians? (836 Views)

Describe Nigerians In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Describe Nigerians? by LagBlogger(m): 4:09am On Mar 10, 2012
I'm asking this question because for the last few days judging by the way we respond to issues even here on nairaland I must say I am highly disappointed in the attitude of Nigerians. Here are my reasons;

1. We are quick to condemn our leaders e.g for buying N1.2bn worth of jeeps but do no more than complain. How will these leaders take you seriously if you don't back your complaining with action.

2. Another thread on nairaland asks why are Nigerians so unpatriotic and the responses were disappointing some people wanted to know what Nigeria has done for them despite their 'patriotism'. Well I want to ask should we be rewarded for being patriotic or should not being rewarded be an excuse for being unpatriotic?

3. Nigerians again idolize their corrupt church leaders (try and openly criticize a pastor even when there is strong grounds for doing so) as if they are any different from the politicians who lie and steal from them.

4. Here on nairaland the tribalists fight silly battles usually ibo vs yoruba meanwhile other countries are making progress as if the tribal wars will fix our roads, improve electricity, fight corruption or improve our economy.

5. Occupy Nigeria was an opportunity for us to fight corruption, but it now looks like tales by moonlight, back to business as usual for the average Nigerian. Some are even calling on God to intervene others are waiting for messiah to come.

In larger society people's reactions are even more shocking and uniformed compared to nairaland although I choose to use Nairaland because she is a small reflection of Nigeria and I believe some of the most enlightened people in Nigeria often come here to air their views. What's your take are Nigerians generally more likely to be;

a. Hypocrites
b. Fools
c. Saboteurs
d. Cowards
e. Oppressed people
f. Other

Goodluck to my fellow Nigerians!
Re: How Would You Describe Nigerians? by omoharry(f): 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
LagBlogger: I'm asking this question because for the last few days judging by the way we respond to issues even here on nairaland I must say I am highly disappointed in the attitude of Nigerians. Here are my reasons;

1. We are quick to condemn our leaders e.g for buying N1.2bn worth of jeeps but do no more than complain. How will these leaders take you seriously if you don't back your complaining with action.

2. Another thread on nairaland asks why are Nigerians so unpatriotic and the responses were disappointing some people wanted to know what Nigeria has done for them despite their 'patriotism'. Well I want to ask should we be rewarded for being patriotic or should not being rewarded be an excuse for being unpatriotic?

3. Nigerians again idolize their corrupt church leaders (try and openly criticize a pastor even when there is strong grounds for doing so) as if they are any different from the politicians who lie and steal from them.

4. Here on nairaland the tribalists fight silly battles usually ibo vs yoruba meanwhile other countries are making progress as if the tribal wars will fix our roads, improve electricity, fight corruption or improve our economy.

YES MY SISTER; U HAVE SAID IT ALL.THIS IS WHO WE REALLY ARE.SUFFERING AND SMILING CITIZENS
5. Occupy Nigeria was an opportunity for us to fight corruption, but it now looks like tales by moonlight, back to business as usual for the average Nigerian. Some are even calling on God to intervene others are waiting for messiah to come.

In larger society people's reactions are even more shocking and uniformed compared to nairaland although I choose to use Nairaland because she is a small reflection of Nigeria and I believe some of the most enlightened people in Nigeria often come here to air their views. What's your take are Nigerians generally more likely to be;

a. Hypocrites
b. Fools
c. Saboteurs
d. Cowards
e. Oppressed people
f. Other

Goodluck to my fellow Nigerians!
Re: How Would You Describe Nigerians? by omoharry(f): 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
YES MY SISTER; U HAVE SAID IT ALL.THIS IS WHO WE REALLY ARE.SUFFERING AND SMILING CITIZENS
Re: How Would You Describe Nigerians? by LogicMind: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2012
I hate Yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

ACF Has Failed The North – Northern Group / Boko Haram Robs Bank And Attacks A Police Station In Maiduguri / Beaf: oil budget and wrong calculation By Musiwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.