Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha (7468 Views)

Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student / Governor Okorocha Congratulates Buhari / Governor Okorocha, The Economics Teacher (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by OAM4J: 6:32am On Mar 11, 2012
I’m a radical governor - Okorocha

IMO State governor, Rochas Okorocha, has stated that, “I am on a mission. I am not a conventional governor; I am a radical governor who has come to effect a radical change in Imo State.”

He also stated that only persons of impeccable character and foresight in the art of governance would now be allowed to occupy public offices in Nigeria.

Okorocha made this assertion during a civic reception held in his honour by the Imo Development Partners and indigenes of Imo State in Rivers State in Port Harcourt on Friday. The governor also assured Imo people in Rivers State that “evil people will not rule Imo again.”

Okorocha, who expressed surprise at the level of infrastructural development in Rivers State, said he had been challenged by the giant strides of his Rivers State counterpart, Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, vowing that the his rescue mission in Imo State would move a notch higher.

The governor also said the unprecedented national burial recently given the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a statement to the world that the passage of the Biafran warlord did not mean the end of the Igbo race, “but to tell the world that the Ndigbo are just starting.”

According to him, “today, the bar of governance and leadership in Nigeria has been raised. Men and women who must govern our country or our states must now be men of vision, integrity and repute. After and when I must have become your governor and left that office, before anybody would be governor again, he has to think twice, because of what I will leave on ground.”

On the burial of Ojukwu, the governor said, “why we bury Ojukwu the way we did, was not just to honour him, but to communicate to the whole world that Igbo as a nation is not finished, rather we are starting.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6668-im-a-radical-governor-okorocha
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by OAM4J: 6:34am On Mar 11, 2012
I like this guy, radical indeed! cheesy
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by joe4christ(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2012
OAM4J: I’m a radical governor - Okorocha

IMO State governor, Rochas Okorocha, has stated that, “I am on a mission. I am not a conventional governor; I am a radical governor who has come to effect a radical change in Imo State.”

He also stated that only persons of impeccable character and foresight in the art of governance would now be allowed to occupy public offices in Nigeria.

Okorocha made this assertion during a civic reception held in his honour by the Imo Development Partners and indigenes of Imo State in Rivers State in Port Harcourt on Friday. The governor also assured Imo people in Rivers State that “evil people will not rule Imo again.”

Okorocha, who expressed surprise at the level of infrastructural development in Rivers State, said he had been challenged by the giant strides of his Rivers State counterpart, Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, vowing that the his rescue mission in Imo State would move a notch higher.

The governor also said the unprecedented national burial recently given the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a statement to the world that the passage of the Biafran warlord did not mean the end of the Igbo race, “but to tell the world that the Ndigbo are just starting.”

According to him, “today, the bar of governance and leadership in Nigeria has been raised. Men and women who must govern our country or our states must now be men of vision, integrity and repute. After and when I must have become your governor and left that office, before anybody would be governor again, he has to think twice, because of what I will leave on ground.”

On the burial of Ojukwu, the governor said, “why we bury Ojukwu the way we did, was not just to honour him, but to communicate to the whole world that Igbo as a nation is not finished, rather we are starting.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6668-im-a-radical-governor-okorocha

Sincerely, i just love this man cheesy
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 11, 2012
Radical Governor - Okorocha
Comrade Governor - Oshiomole (Source
Servant Governor - Aliyu (Source)
Action Governor - Orji Kalu/Fashola (Source)

Appellation notwithstanding, the taste of . . . is in the eating grin
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-yYKuE-MrlyZNrmiMFvEu7CBFfJA78nnT-rmwdXfMrC8SXrJKFg[/img]
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Yeske2(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2012
More action not rhetorics is all we need, kinda liking him anyway.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2012
What I like is that he respected Amaechi's hustle. Any man who appreciates good things like Governor Amaechi, may good things come his way. Amen!
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by EkoIle1: 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2012
Obviously, the only reason AGIPA people voted and put this man in office for is to talk, talk and talk. When is he going to build one single classroom?

All this attention seeking and constant need for acceptance is a sign of the AGIPA insecurity and low self esteem traits....
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Ejine(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
Eko Ile: Obviously, the only reason AGIPA people voted and put this man in office for is to talk, talk and talk. When is he going to build one single classroom?

All this attention seeking and constant need for acceptance is a sign of the AGIPA insecurity and low self esteem traits....

How long has he been in office? Has it been up to a year?
Cuz as I remember, you only started posting those sycophantic Fashola articles of yours in 2009, TWO clean years after Fash had assumed office.
Now, tell me: Doesn't this simple piece of information just betray each and every syllable of the pointless stuff you just typed up there? grin

1 Like

Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by nduchucks: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
I must confess that I was impressed with construction, particularly Road construction activities under way in Owerri in the past few weeks. It reminded me of the kinds of activities taking place in Lagos during in 2008/2009. Okorocha may have started to back up his PR with action. He now has my benefit of the doubt.

I also saw construction and renovation activities of schools - that made a definite impression on me.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
At the end of Owelle's 4 year term he must have put his critics to shame and written his mark as the best governor ever to come out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Adanora: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
Okorocha stop talkin and start working. Action speaks louder dan voice
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by EkoIle1: 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
These AGIPA liars can't even get their stories right.

One say the man dey build road, another clown say he's not doing anything because he's new in office.....so which is which?

Bunch of 419 people...lmao
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Adaora
Who told you he's not working.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by aljharem(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2012
Rochas is definitely different from our recent corps of leaders. In as much as I have not been to Imo state to view things myself, I believe the man is true and a good person. He should find a way yo work with Ameche/Lamido and Fashola
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Alh_harem
Who is Lamido? I hope it's not the guy with a masters in Sharia law.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Alh_harem
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Detongue: 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
Make sure u finish well...
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Welus(f): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2012
Yea,he is workin in imo state
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Dipwater(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
Foellow ,nigerian the truth is that I hate 9ja politicians wit passion cuz they are all thieves but my peole I no go deceive una. I live in owerri the capital of imo state u need to come down here and see with ur eyes I hate dem say honestly speaking ther are one million and one changes not only inthe capital every part of imo state has changed 4rm road construction to building of new structures infact I don't know where to start 4rm. U can call a friend in imo state to confirm
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by chrysso83(m): 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
[quote author=Eko Ile]These AGIPA liars can't even get their stories right.

One say the man dey build road, another clown say he's not doing anything because he's new in office.....so which is which?

Bunch of 419 people...lmao[/quote
Why not mind ur ofe mmanu business? do u know where Imo state is located on d map? leave our Gorvernor 4 us. he is working & we see & appreciate his work. stop poke nosing u uninvited tombo fly. whether Rochas dey work or not e no concern u. Anu mpam.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Dipwater(m): 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
U can ask any question. And I,ll feed u with solid info cuz I live in imo state
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Knorkastur: 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by presfedrep: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
Welus: Yea,he is workin in imo state
no,he is workin in owerri.
My own is dat he shld do dat owerri-nekede-ihiagwa road. Damn dat road sucks!
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by rapidoch: 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
Otondo Governor of Abia state, hope you are seeing what your colleagues are doing in their respective states. U dey slack too much, abi na old age dey worry you. wake up Otondo man.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by globalaid(m): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2012
what did this man mean by radical, enough of this rhetorics and do your work.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by dabrake(m): 10:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
eGuerrilla: Radical Governor - Okorocha
Comrade Governor - Oshiomole (Source
Servant Governor - Aliyu (Source)
Action Governor - Orji Kalu/Fashola (Source)

Appellation notwithstanding, the taste of . . . is in the eating grin
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-yYKuE-MrlyZNrmiMFvEu7CBFfJA78nnT-rmwdXfMrC8SXrJKFg[/img]
Terrorist Governor - emma Ibn Uduaghan
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by pukkagroup: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
we are seeing so much rhetorics sir! lets begin to see action!rotimi amechi or fashola never made so much noise
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by noniboy231(m): 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
he is on a serious mission,lets surport him
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by aljharem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
afam4eva: @Alh_harem

No not Sanusi but the state governor of Jigawa Sule Lamido.

Sanusi has lot it, He is playing politics with people's emotions which is wrong
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by Marlboro1: 1:15am On Mar 12, 2012
Eko Ile: Obviously, the only reason AGIPA people voted and put this man in office for is to talk, talk and talk. When is he going to build one single classroom?

You have no commonsense. For a guy that has only been in office for few months and surpassing most current governors in the country says a lot. Before you write a critique of anyone, try finding out more about him. Rochas as anyone that knows a thing or two about governance will tell you, is in a class of his own.
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by member479760: 1:53am On Mar 12, 2012
may be he wanted to say I'm a rascal governor!
Re: I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha by chucky234(m): 2:15am On Mar 12, 2012
@Eko Ile,you should research before posting,Rochos is an icon and been helping the poor around Nigeria long before he became governor of Imo state.
He reduced university school fees from N150,000 to N45,000 and Polytechnic to N15,000 a week after he resumed office as governor of state.
Just last month he declared free education upto university level with additional N80,000 annual grant for Imo state indigienes studying at IMSU while all form of levies including PTA has been scraped.
All majot roads in that state has been awarded to qualified contractors.
Rochas dont receive salaries,can you honestly say the same of our dear Lagos with LASU school fees at N250,000

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe / Atlantic Distilleries::: New Ethanol Plant Berths In Ogun State. / Why I Was Confident Buhari’ll Win – Sokoto Campaign DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.