Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng (2192 Views)

Is SCAM Or Real???? / Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? / E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by yawatide(f): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
I didn't do it but saw it advertised on some site. I figure shilling would like to be aware of it. . .

Sure, it has few issues here and there but it's clean, functionalstraight to the point: www.
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by dollz(f): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
@poster,i work with ...can i ask for your opinions and inputs for me to work on
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by yawatide(f): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2012
Sure. From a bird's eye view:

1) http://www./dealer - the form on this page isn't validating properly. Also, look to offer front end validation as well, not just back end. This will also help reduce the load on your servers, especially if the site gets heavy traffic. NOte that this may also apply to other forms on the site

2) On the vehicles details page, only show photos if they exist. In other words, there is no need for "no image" to show.

3) "view mobile site" at top left should do just that - take me to the mobile site. No need for a modal to explain to me what I think is pretty much standard these days. As for the SMS, again, no need sending it to me. If I click the link, I expect to be taken to the site.

4) I see flags at top left but I couldn't tell what they were for. At first, I thought they were for translations but when I noticed the countries the flags belonged to, I clicked, only to be taken to the country's specific site. Maybe the call to action should be more explicit.
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by doncigalo: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2012
Just to add to wots being said....When a user has clicks on a particular car instead of details of that car showing up on another page, a modal box should pop up on that same page showing details of the car. This will greatly increase the usability of the site . Ive attached a mockup to explain what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by yawatide(f): 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Doncigalo, good one but let me add to you addition if I may tongue

I once worked for a popular auto website in the US. It was all about clicks. Why? Clicks drove traffic which drove ad revenue. In other words, revenue trumped usability. . .and they always got millions of hits daily. I don't know if that is the thinking here sha.

May I suggest a possible compromise? To tease the customer, have a modal with a summary and a "more" link or button to the detailed page.
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
*Creeps past*. . .
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by doncigalo: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
@yawatide tru, aint arguing wit u on dat smiley, but these two websites operate on two total different models. checki.com.ng doesn't operate on a pay per click ad revenue model, they generate revenue from folks who want to advertise their cars on the website. So I would seriously consider the usability of the site as a top priority, this will ensure that users can easily browse and find what they r looking for, this automatically translates in a positive browsing experience that increases the number of visitors to the site, which as a result leads to more sales.

1 Like

Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by yawatide(f): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
^^^ fair enough. . .
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by shilling(f): 5:41am On Mar 16, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
I didn't do it but saw it advertised on some site. I figure shilling would like to be aware of it. . .

Sure, it has few issues here and there but it's clean, functionalstraight to the point: www.

Like you said, clean, functional and straight to the point. Nothing impressive here, sorry!
Re: Something For Shilling: Checki.com.ng by yawatide(f): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2012
^^^ Too bad.

(1) (Reply)

Drag N' Drop Versus Coding Of HTML / How To Make Blogger Blog Look Like A Standard Website / Who Is The Best Adsense Earner In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.