Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? (8617 Views)

Shovel Used To Serve Food At IDP Camp In Maiduguri (photos) / How Do I Make Vegetable Soup At A Go For Semo I Need To Serve A Guest / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
I remember when i visited someone only for the person to put bone on top of the rice. I was like WTF. I was eating bone like a dog.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by cyril10(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
Give according to your ability, you cant go stealing because you want to satisfy your visitor.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
cyril10: Give according to your ability, you cant go stealing because you want to satisfy your visitor.

You have to understand that people always want to impress their visitor.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by dabrake(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
Mr..Cork:
undecidedif the meat is not as big as your finger, then its rude
Thank God Mr..cork is staying back. i hope 190, lefulefu, tellwisdom and seedord247 also stay.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2012
afam4eva: I remember when i visited someone only for the person to put bone on top of the rice. I was like WTF. I was eating bone like a dog.

Be appreciative they have something to give you . . . On your way to their house, what did you take with you to give them too?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
cyril10: Give according to your ability, you cant go stealing because you want to satisfy your visitor.

Beautifully said . . .
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2012
Is meat business that hard that you have to count the amount of meat pieces you served people?

Nawoooo

shocked
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
Mr..Cork:

That is a funny one
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by deols(f): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
your means should determine that
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by dabrake(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
Mr..Cork:
Thank God Mr..cork is staying back. i hope 190, lefulefu, tellwisdom and seedord247 also stay.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by kkkossy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2012
How did dis make it to the front page
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by 25omega(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
meat grin grin all these yeye visitors sef with their long throat go travel come your house and expect to be fed like they own the place. you can to my house empty handed i gave you food with one meat and you complain? grin grin grin next time the second piece of meat will have rat poison in it
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
Lol...Africans and our mentality...

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Emmxyl(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2012
Well, personally I do not see anything wrong in it....and it also depends on the kind of visitor you have
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by FlyboyZee: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
I keep wondering why Nigerians usually serve visitors at least 2 pieces of meet, if and only if it is beef, pork, goat, sheep or dog meat, but never 2 or more pieces of chicken or bush meat. Why? Just asking sha.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by nasty45(m): 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
Na student de fit serve that kind meal wit one meat.dont serve me one meat unless IT'S A BIG MEAT. EKAMBA NNAM
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
mattaz: Hey NLers...Recently I av been noticing that weneva pple visit odas and a plate of food is to be served,u neva can c jst 1 piece of meat in it..its alwz more than 1&dis makes me wonder if its nw a must to serve pple wit ova a piece of meat!
its not disrespectful, J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ that Nigerians aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ wonderful hosts. Even those that have little still do their possible best.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by bid4rich(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Funkymallam:

Hustler, u wan pour sand sand for Seun garri abi? E no go wrk grin cheesy

@topic. If we no get meat for pot nko?

@hustler, that site na nonsense, na copycat dem do there, in fact na almighty nonsense. I beg consult the person that construct that site to go back and learn dreameaver well well or perhaps person didnt graduate b4 he jump into webdesign.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by lifestyle1(m): 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
I will serve you beans and bread, no need for meat! cheesy
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by bid4rich(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2012
Meat ko, meat ni, what if the person has no teeth to eat meat, i should go ahead and waste my meat. God forbid.

If i know say you be gluttonous fellow, its very simple. I wil go and get u fine thick meat plus Africa Chicken (Ponmo) so if u try and u cant withstand it, you wil go your house.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by desthan(m): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
well as for me, i do not entertain guest. . .

if you come UN-invited, i serve you with a cold glass of water, while we address your reason for the in-prompt visit.

If you are invited, then its a cold glass of juice with biscuits. . .

But if you come either un-invited or invited and meet me eating, then i can ask you to come and join me, which off course i expect you to say THANK YOU!!! shikena
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by lifestyle1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
Funkymallam:

Hustler, u wan pour sand sand for Seun garri abi? E no go wrk grin cheesy

@topic. If we no get meat for pot nko?

@hustler, that site na nonsense, na copycat dem do there, in fact na almighty nonsense. I beg consult the person that construct that site to go back and learn dreameaver well well or perhaps person didnt graduate b4 he jump into webdesign.

Graduate from where ? do u need to go to a university to be a good web designer ?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by honeric01(m): 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
you better not put meat in my food, fish YAY! one huge one is enough or even full roasted one lol...
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
life_style: I will serve you beans and bread, no need for meat! cheesy

With "un"pure water
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by samotaperpy(f): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
This topic is really funy its depends on the size of the meat,
well 2 pieces is better but u can only give what u have.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Kahwayy(f): 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2012
Haha funny topic.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by llorisbhone(m): 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Is what you have you give. If its one you can give. Give it gladly
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by henrychubayo: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Some things need to change in 9ja. Since i arrive In south africa here, i don't know how many meats they use for food. You always get as many as you want, order the type u want and chicken even remains the cheapest more than beef. The only costly meat here is goat meat because it comes from 9ja. I just finished eating before i found the topic, but i don't know how many meats i eat now because they are many. Some times 8 big meats, some times 6 but the least is 4 big ones.Things need to change and let there be food 4 all my ppl in 9ja to eat.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by cynthiafred67(f): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
I don't think it is disrespectful,
what if its not more than one piece of meat in the pot?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by tpia5: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
I have opened a special thread there to receive refugees and immigrants from Nairaland

seun and his crew have turned us into refugees and immigrants?

na wa oh.

lord have mercy.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by seyibrown(f): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ topic

No! You present your guest with what you have and your guest accepts it with love and thanks! A guest who turns up his nose at a host's hospitality is ungrateful!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by FRANKLINTON(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
Half a loaf is better than none.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Want To Learn How To Make All Kinds Of Snacks This Is For You / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better / Ewa Agonyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.