Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? (8618 Views)

Shovel Used To Serve Food At IDP Camp In Maiduguri (photos) / How Do I Make Vegetable Soup At A Go For Semo I Need To Serve A Guest / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Ramcie(f): 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
It's not a bad idea though I don't serve my visitors with food only fruits cos I luv my meat too much and I cant share it with visitors. Na so so orange them dey drink every time . tongue
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by doofanc: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
The question could be answered in different ways.

If the visitor knows his host can do more than he has, for example giving just a tiny piece of meat, it could be a sign that the visitor is not welcomed.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by prinzayf(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
So far its not pomo
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Ilekokonit: 12:45am On Mar 13, 2012
afam4eva
I remember when i visited someone only for the person to put bone on top of the rice. I was like WTF. I was eating bone like a dog.

See what our wicked, corrupt leaders have caused.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Ayatullah(m): 1:51am On Mar 13, 2012
You did not let us know whether your guest is a Lion! If so a piece of meat will not do because you could be the meat yourself! But if your guest is a human being and he is so greedy for meat then you can please him by cutting the one piece of meat to 12 pieces!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 13, 2012
It is not jor, why didn't the visitor eat at home before coming.. Abegi!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by eugoala(m): 6:13am On Mar 13, 2012
I did nt expect this to make A̶̲̥̅ homepage,but all the same,if U̶̲̥̅̊ come to my house And I offer A̶̲̥̅ lump ƒ meat,if its nt big enough ,next time buy suya alongside! Imao
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by mctemmy(f): 7:39am On Mar 13, 2012
very simple if u no get mor dan one meat in ur pot and u wan entertain a visitor u can use iru plenty and litter d soup wit iru....or better still u can boil egg use am support d one meat hehehhhhehehhhehehehheheheheehehehhhehehhheehehehhehheheh
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by nasty45(m): 9:31am On Mar 13, 2012
If na babe,i go lyk mk she give me kpomo wey meat de for middle¤wink
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Koolking(m): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2012
Better not to even serve the visitor food in order to save yourself of the embarrassment. Chats without refreshment is not a criminal act.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by member479760: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
poverty actually dey for this country, put the whole pot on the table for the visitor to wak menh.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by StarFlux: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
abeg, give me my okra soup for chop and the meat will be forgotten
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by 3kay945(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
some inlaws can get angry or make you enemy if you serve them one meat o grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by 3kay945(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
some inlaws can get angry or make you enemy if you serve them one meat o grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by justlove2lives: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2012
You even have money to cook with meat, http://www.bollywood-gossips.net
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by kandiikane(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
Yes, it is very disrespectful. You should give them all the meat actually and make sure they carry the remaining soup home. cheesy
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by avosoft: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
first you cannot give what you dont have
next if you have more, the give more. it is said "to whom more is given, more is expected". Luke 12:48
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by kandiikane(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2012
Why are you quoting the bible? Should I also quote the bible where it says gluttony is a sin? If you are given one meat appreciate it. tongue
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Sike(m): 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
To me, it depends on the size of the meat.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by mufikings(m): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2012
NO !!!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by linzzy(f): 12:05am On Mar 14, 2012
its nt realy bad atall if dats all u've gat...
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2012
serve your guest with what you have. you don't have to go out of your way to please others
while displeasing yourself.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Brite02(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
No. When say one meat, it could be a chicken leg, chicken wings, goat leg e.t.c there are 'one meat which are bigger than 2 meats combined, it all boils down to what you are giving. But if you feel uncomfortable with it you can as divide the one big meat into three grin that now solves the wahala abi wink
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
hmmmmm! so many hidden posts!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by tpiah99: 2:27am On Feb 25, 2015
mattaz:
Hey NLers...Recently I av been noticing that weneva pple visit odas and a plate of food is to be served,u neva can c jst 1 piece of meat in it..its alwz more than 1&dis makes me wonder if its nw a must to serve pple wit ova a piece of meat!

if you have money serve more than one, if you dont have money, serve what you have.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
Disrespectful ke,hmmm he see one meat e no thank God....in tis hard times...Odiegu!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by tpiar: 1:29am On Feb 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Want To Learn How To Make All Kinds Of Snacks This Is For You / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better / Ewa Agonyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.