Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo (4406 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Yoruba,fulani Would Have Gone To War If I Was Killed-falae / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by mukina2: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
The Ogun State Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Muyiwa Oladipo has said that the crisis between Yorubas and Fulanis in Yewa North Council area would soon be a thing of the past.

Speaking in Abeokuta yesterday, Oladipo assured that a committee has been set up by the state governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun to find a lasting solution to the crisis.

He noted that as part of security measures put in place to nip the crisis in the bud, the inter ministerial security committee, which comprises of the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Ministry of Justice, and the Office of the Senior Special Adviser to

the Governor on Security, would make necessary recommendations to tackle the issue.

The commissioner also called on chairmen of transition committees in all the 20 local government areas of the state to submit a comprehensive list of Fulani settlements in their areas to the committee within a week.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156920:yorubafulani-feud-will-soon-be-over-commissioner&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by gegee(m): 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2012
so there are fulanis in ogun state didn't know that
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by wealthtrak: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^^^^
[b]@gegee
The Fulanis are migrants in Ogun state and not indigenes.
Fulani bororos [cattle herdsmen] have cause massive havoc
to other ethnic groups in Nigeria - the most recent was
that involving them and Tivs in Benue state just late
last week. angry

They have fought over grazing rights with indigenous farmers
thru encroachment on farmlands. These obstinate Fulani herdsmen
have fought with Hausa farmers, Igbo farmers, Yoruba farmers,
Jukun farmers, Biroms in Plateu state - and more... infact
most of them are NOT Nigerian Fulanis but foreign Fulanis
who come into Nigeria via the porous borders [Do we even
have borders?] undecided

In the 1990s, Gen. Muhamed Buhari who was made the official grand
commander of all Bororo Fulanis is West Africa acted as their
spokesman after a bloody clash between Yorubas and Bororos in
Oyo state. The fulanis actually use talismans [amulets]and that
is what gives them the confidence to fight and rape women in
other people's communities. It is time to chase Bororos back
to Futa Jallon in Guinea where Fulanis originally came from by
Nigerian SSS, and security agencies. angry

I'm not surprised Uthman Danfodi was also a Tijaniya mystic
[he used amulets] and the history books also clearly show that
he made use of "non-muslim Bororo Fulanis" in the so-called
Jihad he procecuted. angry[/b]
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by ektbear: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
Reading this stuff makes me angry.

If I had any power over the affairs of Ogun State, I would simply wipe them out. Either overtly or covertly if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by babaowo: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2012
this fulani something too dey too much in this country sef haha!
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by guonno: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
FIGHT THE FULANIS LIKE THE IGBOS DO AND U SHALL HAVE REST! I HAVE SAID IT TIME WITHOUT NUMBER THAT FULANI HERDS MEN CAN NOT TRY SUCH NONSENSE IN IGBO LAND. THE ONLY ONE THAT HAPPENED IN EBONYI STATE WAS BETWEEN NIGERIAN FULANI/HAUSA ARMY AND FARMERS! IF ALL ETHNIC GROUP PAY FULANI PEOPLE IN THEIR OWN COIN, THEY WOULD STOPED ALL THESE. SOME PEOPLE DECIDED TO BE ON THE FULANI SIDE SOME TIME AGO, SO THEY SHOULD NEVER REGRET THE JIHADISM METED ON THEM BY NIJERIAN FULANIS!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Yeske2(m): 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
gegee: so there are fulanis in ogun state didn't know that
I wonder o, the government should just ship those mofos back north before they colonize that area like they did Ilorin.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by ak47mann(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
:Dfulanis una wellcome oh fulanis una wellcome oh fulanis una wellcome oh
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by oiseworld: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
but what is this evil from the northerners.and weve always had leaders in this region, political and traditional.even islamic leaders all a bunch of nuisance.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by HighChief4(m): 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2012
These Fulanis should have pity. We are pleading on their behalf
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Geomac: 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
High_Chief: These Fulanis should have pity. We are pleading on their behalf
lol
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by slimghost(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2012
WTF is wrong with these fulanis? them no dey tire?
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by ronkebp(f): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
guonno: FIGHT THE FULANIS LIKE THE IGBOS DO AND U SHALL HAVE REST! I HAVE SAID IT TIME WITHOUT NUMBER THAT FULANI HERDS MEN CAN NOT TRY SUCH NONSENSE IN IGBO LAND. THE ONLY ONE THAT HAPPENED IN EBONYI STATE WAS BETWEEN NIGERIAN FULANI/HAUSA ARMY AND FARMERS! IF ALL ETHNIC GROUP PAY FULANI PEOPLE IN THEIR OWN COIN, THEY WOULD STOPED ALL THESE. SOME PEOPLE DECIDED TO BE ON THE FULANI SIDE SOME TIME AGO, SO THEY SHOULD NEVER REGRET THE JIHADISM METED ON THEM BY NIJERIAN FULANIS!

So right!!!!! what nonsense, if the yoruba in ogun state like, they should sit there and allow the fulanis' to take over their land, just as they have taken over Ilorin.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by T9ksy(m): 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
High_Chief: These Fulanis should have pity. We are pleading on their behalf

I have always believed you to be an agbaya, that's a good-for nothing old man.

Who are the "we" pleading on "whose" behalf? Who asked you to plead for anyone? yeye man.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Yujin(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
I weep for the yorubas. They are about to conceed more of their lands having conceeded Ilorin to the fulani. Soon fulanis will begin to get indigene form in Ogun state- OBJ's home & possibly all over Yorubaland. I predicted this not quite long ago. Pathetically, the get ruthless when being asked to have pity. We are watching.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by chosen04(f): 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2012
T9ksy:

Who are the "we" pleading on "whose" behalf? Who asked you to plead for anyone? yeye man.

You mean you dont know why we are pleading on their behalf? . . . . . . Seriously, i did know that you are this dull
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by T9ksy(m): 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
chosen04:

You mean you dont know why we are pleading on their behalf? . . . . . . Seriously, i did know that you are this dull

I begi, comot for mt front make i see road, jo!.......And I ask again, "who beg you"?

we are not friends so i don't see why you guys are suddenly concerned about our future unless of course, it's just your wishful thinking

rearing its ugly head.Just mind your ph.ocking business before you ibo start another "liberation front" foray into our region.

We are well aware of how much disdain you ibos reserve for us and how you wish every manner of calamity will befall us.

Am sorry to burst your bubble but we yorubas are here to stay and there's nothing you ibos with "vanquished mentality" can do about it.

The sooner you lot get that simple message into your flat-alaru obdurate heads, the better for you "invaders" as the late sardunna

rightly tagged you lot.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Ejine(m): 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
The SW and NC people are dulling like maaad! What. The. Fuccck?
My eyes are RED just from reading this rubbish! angry
If I had my way as a governor of one of those Yoruba or Middle Belt states, I'd have my state legislators sign a law banning nomadic grazing. Wanna rear your livestock? Build a cattle ranch as is done in Obudu.
Can't do that? GET THE FUCCK OUT!!!
As simple as that! angry
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by tpia5: 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
Uthman Danfodi was also a Tijaniya mystic. [he used amulets] and the history books also clearly show that he made use of "non-muslim Bororo Fulanis"

which non muslim bororos were those?

where were they from?
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by AustineE1: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
I wonder why some people are so demented that they wld rather challenge an imaginary enemy(ibos)than take on the real problem facing them!firstly the Jihadist took over Isaya&Kabba both in Kogi,which originally belongs to Yorubas,again the took over Ilorin&now Ogun is in their shooting sight!i just wonder if the Yorubas wld put d kind of effort they put in castigatin ibos, in these battle of a life time! THE EPIC BATTLE 4 THE SOUL OF OGUN STATE

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
T9ksy:

bros why do you always fight the wrong battle?why not face the fulani? Days ago,it was a certain junaid mohd claiming kwara and kogi for the north in case nigeria splits, this fulani menace is too much in middle belt and now spreading to SW.junaid mohd may be a lunatic or drunkard but he just spoke the mind of fulani/hausa so ignore them at your own peril.fulani violence in middle belt,SW is like a kind of land marking,they are trying to claim those territories. They are not content with ilorin,so they may actually be eyeing more land in SW.to be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by phreakabit(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
Its great to see the Yoruba and Fulani indegenes of Ogun state, finally coming together, to work hand in hand to make Ogun state great.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by T9ksy(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
chima12: bros why do you always fight the wrong battle?why not face the fulani? Days ago,it was a certain junaid mohd claiming kwara and kogi for the north in case nigeria splits, this fulani menace is too much in middle belt and now spreading to SW.junaid mohd may be a lunatic or drunkard but he just spoke the mind of fulani/hausa so ignore them at your own peril.fulani violence in middle belt,SW is like a kind of land marking,they are trying to claim those territories. They are not content with ilorin,so they may actually be eyeing more land in SW.to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

And why are you ibos developing migraine for our alleged headache as perceived by you lot? we know how much you hate us.

Moreover, we have been dealing and fighting with the fulanis long before we know you ibos exist and here we are, still standing.

No shakin' jo. If the fulanis want to occupy our land, let them. we shall stop them the same way we stopped the last invaders who tried to

occupy our land at Ore. grin.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by ekwynwa: 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
T9ksy:

And why are you ibos developing migraine for our alleged headache as perceived by you lot? we know how much you hate us.

Moreover, we have been dealing and fighting with the fulanis long before we know you ibos exist and here we are, still standing.

No shakin' jo. If the fulanis want to occupy our land, let them. we shall stop them the same way we stopped the last invaders who tried to

occupy our land at Ore. grin.

where re u getting the bolded from

igbos ve never hated the yorubas and will never wish them evil, dont be carried away by NL bashing cool
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by T9ksy(m): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2012
ekwy nwa:

where re u getting the bolded from

igbos ve never hated the yorubas and will never wish them evil, dont be carried away by NL bashing cool

Ok i hear you but nevertheless we are not dropping our guard as far as the ibos are concerned. or until they relocate

back to their own region-Land of the rising sun. grin
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by oduasolja: 12:21am On Mar 14, 2012
EVERY NIGERIAN has the right to live anywhere they want.

but if migrants attack you , then you have the right to defend yourself.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Omarbah: 1:54am On Mar 14, 2012
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Omarbah: 1:56am On Mar 14, 2012
wealthtrak: ^^^^^

I'm not surprised Uthman Danfodi was also a Tijaniya mystic
[he used amulets] and the history books also clearly show that
he made use of "non-muslim Bororo Fulanis" in the so-called
Jihad he procecuted. angry[/b]

Who told you that Bororo are from Guinea? You won't even find any of them there.
Bororo are only found in Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and maybe Central African Republic.
Also you have to know that Dan Fodio did not come from Guinea. He is from Fuuta Toro which is
in Senegal-Mali-Mauritania. All Islamic Fulani scholar came from that region including the
ones in Guinea. They spread around West Africa to establish Islamic States and fought even
Fulanis that were non Muslims.
As for Tijaniya, it would be a blessing if their teachings were spread as opposed to the
Wahhabi's teachings which is very conservative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Pukkah: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2012
guonno: FIGHT THE FULANIS LIKE THE IGBOS DO AND U SHALL HAVE REST! I HAVE SAID IT TIME WITHOUT NUMBER THAT FULANI HERDS MEN CAN NOT TRY SUCH NONSENSE IN IGBO LAND. THE ONLY ONE THAT HAPPENED IN EBONYI STATE WAS BETWEEN NIGERIAN FULANI/HAUSA ARMY AND FARMERS! IF ALL ETHNIC GROUP PAY FULANI PEOPLE IN THEIR OWN COIN, THEY WOULD STOPED ALL THESE. SOME PEOPLE DECIDED TO BE ON THE FULANI SIDE SOME TIME AGO, SO THEY SHOULD NEVER REGRET THE JIHADISM METED ON THEM BY NIJERIAN FULANIS!

Why do some of you make baseless and unsubstantiated statements? Where were you when this happened in Imo state?

https://www.nairaland.com/711381/herdsmen-kill-2-rape-women

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI-Two people are feared dead, while an unspecified number of women have been reportedly violated by Fulani herdsmen who invaded Umuapu community in Ohaji/Egbema local council area of Imo State with their cattle.

Vanguard investigation revealed that angered by the alleged gory activities of the Fulani herdsmen, scores of women and youths barricaded the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway yesterday to protest their plight.

Traffic along the highway was, for the greater part of yesterday, disrupted at Umuapu, while commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to get to their destinations.
One of the protesters, who simply identified himself as Chukwudi, lamented that “apart from the two dead villagers, the Fulani herdsmen have ceaselessly violated our women and girls as well as destroyed the crops in our farms.”

He described the grazing of their cattle on farmlands as “a deliberate ploy by these Fulani herdsmen to ensure that we are not food sufficient in Imo.”

Every effort made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, failed as he was said to be away from the office when Vanguard called.

However, a senior police officer in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident and quickly added that normalcy had returned to the rural community.

“The police is aware of previous reports about the activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the area. We are investigating the incident but the villagers did not wait for us to complete our investigations before they jumped into the highway,” the police officer said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/herdsmen-kill-2-violation-women-in-imo/

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by 9javoice1(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2012
Why do some of you make baseless and unsubstantiated statements? Where were you when this happened in Imo state?

https://www.nairaland.com/711381/herdsmen-kill-2-violation-women

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI-Two people are feared dead, while an unspecified number of women have been reportedly violated by Fulani herdsmen who invaded Umuapu community in Ohaji/Egbema local council area of Imo State with their cattle.

Vanguard investigation revealed that angered by the alleged gory activities of the Fulani herdsmen, scores of women and youths barricaded the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway yesterday to protest their plight.

Traffic along the highway was, for the greater part of yesterday, disrupted at Umuapu, while commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to get to their destinations.
One of the protesters, who simply identified himself as Chukwudi, lamented that “apart from the two dead villagers, the Fulani herdsmen have ceaselessly violated our women and girls as well as destroyed the crops in our farms.”

He described the grazing of their cattle on farmlands as “a deliberate ploy by these Fulani herdsmen to ensure that we are not food sufficient in Imo.”

Every effort made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, failed as he was said to be away from the office when Vanguard called.

However, a senior police officer in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident and quickly added that normalcy had returned to the rural community.

“The police is aware of previous reports about the activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the area. We are investigating the incident but the villagers did not wait for us to complete our investigations before they jumped into the highway,” the police officer said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/herdsmen-kill-2-violation-women-in-imo/

did u hear about that matter again in the news? "no". we solved it once and for all.
fulani is history now in ohaji/egbema community. we didn't wait for the police actions,
we just demonstrate for the public notice during the day and close fulani books at night.

check it out, in all eastern zones fulanis are moving to the city/capital were they will get protection from the nigeria security.
Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by 9javoice1(m): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2012
my advice to our yoruba brothers is, igbo's can never be your enemy.
some of you are fighting against a true brother and friend. our real enemy is fulani's and hausa's.

if yoruba's realy want to solve fulani problem they should stop publicity of such attacks. fulani's are very few,just attack them at night and have peace.
yoruba's should learn jungle justice against fulani and stop allowing yoruba dignitaries into the matter till it's solved.

when ever the politicians come into the picture the matter will be as usual.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba/fulani Feud Will Soon Be Over - Commissioner Muyiwa Oladipo by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 14, 2012
Yoruba ppl very funny, How Muslems invaded SW they dont know now Fulanis are claiming their land yet they are begging, but when Igbos claim Lagos their head go stand. Cowards always Northern Slaves

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo Settles For Dankwambo, Considers Rejoining PDP / 3 Ipob Members Shot Dead In Owerri By Nigerian Police. / 2023: Rumble In PDP As Wike, Tambuwal, Others Move Against Atiku Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.