Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement (4714 Views)

Michael Ikenga:Youths Protest In Owerri Over Unlawful Detention Of Saraki's Aide / Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti / Group Asks INEC, Army For Information On Buhari's Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by stildude(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2012
Unlawful Sack: Female Captain Sues Nigerian Army For N1bn

Nigerian first female soldier paratrooper, Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha has dragged the Nigerian Army and Defence Minister before the National Industrial Court (NIC) where she is demanding N1 billion as general and aggravated damages for unlawful retirement from service.
Other defendants in the suit slated for hearing this morning are Chief of Army Staff, Army Council, and Chief of Defence Staff.

The 43-year-old award winning paratrooper was sacked by the Military command on the ground that bottles of alcohol were found on board the aircraft that lifted Nigerian contingents [including her] to Darfur, Sudan.
In the suit, she is pressing for an order of court declaring her purported compulsory retirement without trial as ineffective, unlawful, null and void, and that her contract of employment being protracted by statute, can only be terminated in accordance with laid down statutory procedure.

The plaintiff was among the 50 Nigerian women that were honoured by President Goodluck Jonathan on the 50th anniversary of the country and also the first female soldier inducted into the Nigerian Women Hall of Fame.
Her travails begun on August 25, 2009, when she and the commanding officer, Lt. Col B.Y. Sakaba, were recalled to Nigeria and arrested on arrival at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

They were subsequently detained for three months at the headquarters garrison officers’ mess at the Mogadishu Barracks, Asokoro. She was later sacked on October 20, 2009 and later retired on November 17, 2009, an action which ignited the suit. On board that aircraft were seven officers and 154 soldiers, and the plaintiff wonders why she would be the only one relieved of her job.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/13/national-13-03-2012-0012.html
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
Nawao, everybody just dey sue sue Billions upon billions, but wait a munite, can u sack person and thesame time retire the person? everything in nigeria is just confusion
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by KINGwax(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
As this new trend of suing and draggin to court gains more ground and recognition for 9ja, i'll soon sue d the CBN governor for donning bow ties when not wearing a tuxedo!

1 Like

Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
She was initially sacked,then it was later reduced to retirement.

But am sure she will win her case,easily.

1 Like

Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by dadicvila(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
She should follow the case to the end,many females in paramilitary,military and more often the evil Nigerian police force are often reduced to sex slaves and when they refuse they are fustrated and victimized,why should she be the only person relieved of her job?because she is not hausa abi??

1 Like

Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by DRANOEL(m): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
"a tiv female soldier" . . . . . "bottles of alchohol" . . . . . i put my money with the army on this one

1 Like

Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Ishilove: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
KINGwax: As this new trend of suing and draggin to court gains more ground and recognition for 9ja, i'll soon sue d the CBN governor for donning bow ties when not wearing a tuxedo!
Lmao!!
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by badesco(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
Which is better? Retirement or Dismissal. well If is true that she was retired unlawfully, then she can go ahead and fight for her right. This Military authorities seems not to have human feelings at all.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by niddamugu(m): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2012
Is this how our currency has so much been devalued? Imagine somebody calling billions and the ground did not shake. Dear NLanders, is there any lawyer in the house? I want to sue Seun for 1 billion naira for changing the look of this site without following due process and another 2 billion for making post comments to something I was not consulted before implementing any change(s).
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by bakila: 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2012
DRANOEL: "a tiv female soldier" . . . . . "bottles of alchohol" . . . . . i put my money with the army on this one

If not because her appointment is governed by the Army Act I put my money on you.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by bakila: 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
niddamugu: Is this how our currency has so much been devalued? Imagine somebody calling billions and the ground did not shake. Dear NLanders, is there any lawyer in the house? I want to sue Seun for 1 billion naira for changing the look of this site without following due process and another 2 billion for making post comments to something I was not consulted before implementing any change(s).
LOL when you registered terms and conditions applied. I hope if Suen sue you for defamation, you will not cry.

1 Like

Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by bakila: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
I feel for the lady she rise through the rank. The Army is all Wine War and Women when it is a predomi nately male job. It seems its now War and Wine trouble for Women.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Harbb: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
If she thinks she has a case, let her press on.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by studyineu: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seriously, I need to sue FG over the death of thousands of Nigerians killed by BH, maybe I demand the sum of $100 BILLION
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by niddamugu(m): 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2012
bakila:
LOL when you registered terms and conditions applied. I hope if Suen sue you for defamation, you will not cry.

grin ;DI hope it will be in Billions grin grin
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by ujay4u(m): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2012
I strongly think she's jst a victim of envy nd hate. In d military it has alwayz been a tradition to discriminate against the short service commissioned officers 'collitos' by their regular counterparts. For her to have attained such record breakin glory as a female nd a 'collito' meant she had bought job of envy. If at all she was court-marshalled on d grounds of d claim dat a bottle of alchohol was found bla!bla!!bla!!!, d highest possible disciplinary measure would hv been a demotion which is even rare with d officer cadre. I sympathize with her over dis injustice
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Akintola11(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
The latest installment of 'This Week in Nigeria:South Africa apologises over deportations, Nigerian unity extolled by Northern figureheads, Hostages killed in failed rescue mission & much more!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-south-africa-apologises-over-deportations
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Akintola11(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
The latest installment of 'This Week in Nigeria:South Africa apologises over deportations, Nigerian unity extolled by Northern figureheads, Hostages killed in failed rescue mission & much more!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-south-africa-apologises-over-deportations
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by hamsky: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
She will not win the lawsuit cos na Naija we dey I suggest she saves her effort and money from hiring a lawyer and going to court. Thesame thing happened to my dad a while ago; the useless Nigerian Navy sent him to a course for his promotion to comodore, before the result was out they promoted all his colleagues and left him out cos they assumed he was too comfortable were he was as an military attache, funny enough when the result came out he passed in flying colors and the following year they said he was too old for promtoion. This might sound very sad but I can't serve nigeria in this era not even as a youth corper, I'll rather serve another country that will appreciate my effort.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by sylve11: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
KINGwax: As this new trend of suing and draggin to court gains more ground and recognition for 9ja, i'll soon sue d the CBN governor for donning bow ties when not wearing a tuxedo!

LWKMD grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by oiseworld: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
she would win the law suit. In nigeria any way you can bring money out is welcomed. They will all play along. Na govt money na. She would win bit not to that amount, then everybody share the money. Her lawyer/govt lawyer/judges/officials....just name it.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by oiseworld: 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
she would win the case. In nigeria anyway you get money out from govt. Is welcomed. She would win, not to that tune anyway but enough for all to share. Her lawyer, the govt lawyer,the judges,officials and herself. Every body goes home happy. The mases applauds.lol!!
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Limaoscar: 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
I feel for the lady she rise through the rank. The Army is all Wine War and Women when it is a predomi nately male job. It seems its now War and Wine trouble for Women
[quote]
Can you type in English please
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Nappsy(m): 4:06am On Mar 14, 2012
ah ah ah ogah of army u nko make dem investigate u ur own go worst,na jelosi dey worri uoo ah what a shame,u no even dey proud of award winna wish one u don win bizibody man,no be office be ur own soja work shame on una wey pass dis jorgment,una no like beter tin woman 4 dat matter sorri 4 una ogah 4 office.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Alancash: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2012
Limaoscar:
I feel for the lady she rise through the rank. The Army is all Wine War and Women when it is a predomi nately male job. It seems its now War and Wine trouble for Women
the truth my people female officer we no de gre summit parade well well 4 the red necks she is always at the risk all the time.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Alancash: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2012
dadicvila: She should follow the case to the end,many females in paramilitary,military and more often the evil Nigerian police force are often reduced to sex slaves and when they refuse they are fustrated and victimized,why should she be the only person relieved of her job?because she is not hausa abi??
absolutly gedibam 4 ur statement my brother but that is Niger 4 u so what thng she go do; my little advice being a tiv beb she shouldn't relent 2 summit parade any how 2 the red necks they will re-consider her.
Re: Captain Terkumbur Josephine Ancha Sues Army For N1bn Over Unlawful Retirement by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
niddamugu: Is this how our currency has so much been devalued? Imagine somebody calling billions and the ground did not shake. Dear NLanders, is there any lawyer in the house? I want to sue Seun for 1 billion naira for changing the look of this site without following due process and another 2 billion for making post comments to something I was not consulted before implementing any change(s).

I am with you. Increase it to 100 Billion so that after the High Court Judge slash it, You & your Lawyer will share the balance of 1 Million Naira.

(1) (Reply)

Fmr.Akwa Ibom State Governor Victor Attah, defects to APC. / 2019: Umahi Presents N188.4b Budget To Ebonyi Asembly / Ize Iyamu Sad As People Chant Obaseki's Name At His Own Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.