Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: (21341 Views)

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty / My Girl Is HIV Positive, But She Told Me, Now The Problem Is!!!!!! / She Is Hiv Positive But Still Sleeping With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by jimmyxxl(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]

like what PLAYETTE she said. your life is at high risk for getting married to her. but in other hand, try to knw what is the couse of the HIV maybe for sharp object or through sex. if u love her stand by her let her knw what u have in mind. and for u u better go for check up too. she need your help now. save live,
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by NihilceM: 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2007
ugonna0071:

@Nihil-ce-m

nice one kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss back to you

aremuk:

@Nihil-ce-M
You just dey blast that like like say tomorrow no dey. u for leave small for people to talk too.

I nor fit resist. How kettle go dey call broken plates black? E craze before? Abi he think say smoke don damage our brains like him own!

Rubbermaid:

@Nihil-ce-M, Playette, Davidylan, Ralvy, dasarge, seun, ugonna0071 - you guys seem to be the reasonable voices here.

Someone needs to tell them. Me i nor understand this "love conquers all" of a things!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Ollie39: 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2007
How was she infected?
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by 9ja4eva: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2007
Everything is possible with God

HIV + people need love too.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by oge4real(f): 12:25am On Oct 30, 2007
I advice you think seriously about the consequenses of your decision afterall it'syour life, but when it involves bringing a child into the world then adequate caution and reevaluation should be taken.

I remember conselling a couple against getting married bacause they were both of AS genotype,but they got married and are now on the brink of a breakdown because of the enormous emotional and financial responsibilities imposed on them due to the frequent health crises of their sickle celled-SS- set of twins.

more importantly however, you still need to go for a confirmatory test after 3 months of the previous one to avoid error due to window period.

finally ,no matter what your result may be,you should go for professional counselling.It is better to know exactly what you are up against before going into it .Goodluck.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by PLAYETTE(f): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2007
@Rubbermaid, thanks for the acknowledgement. It is much appreciated. At roberts24, my email is gucci293@hotmail.com, Feel free to contact me with questions,
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by venice(f): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2007
i feel that love conquers all

You can have a healthy, long life, even if you are infected with HIV and AIDS, you must eat healthy food, exercise, practise safe sex all the time, have a positive healthy mind, have faith in the almighty and am sure life will be much easier for you.

and this thing of having a baby, you can have a HIV free baby, cause now we have anti-retroviral drugs that protects HIV from mother to child during birth, so the child can be 100% free of the virus
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by onmyown(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2007
well venice you said it all.

to other nairalanders, going by some of the posts ive read, ya all need to get some education about hiv and aids.

even if you are negative the reality is nearer than you think and be ready to councell someone you never thought may need it.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by dumi(f): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2007
ROBERTS I MUST TELL YOU IF YOU KNOW YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR GIRL PLEASE GO TO THE RIGHT EXPERTS ON HIV AND WORK IT OUT.I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE IT. I WISH I KNOW ANY.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by buttyelele: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2007
Marrying an HIV + person is not bad, after all, as u CAN give birth to HIV+ free children, ur wife will be put on medications that will stop the transfer from mother to child, i dont know how efficient they are in luth or uch, but i guess u wont mind the cost ( even if it is abroad)

Finances is a major part of it, as she will be put on antiretroviral drugs, from now, i dont know how bouyant u both are, but the truth is HIV has no cure and eventually ti claims the victim.

Antiretroviral drugs will delay or supress the disease, but it wont cure it , unless there is a cure in the nearest future am sorry u might lose her, particularly if u cant afford to purchase te drugs.

your family will also be there, most likely to be against you.

but whatever you decide my friend, God is with you.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by mekoyo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2007
You can get married and still have babies. I attended a program in August where a Doctor gave us hints on HIV/AIDS. The tilte of the lecture was :HIV/AIDS: THE RAVAGING MONSTER.
He gave us the history of the dreaded disease. Well what i'm driving home is that you can have babies, all you need to do is see a certified doctor. Certified doctor i said not the quack ones.

Please be prayerful and pray always for her, there is nothing impossible for God. If you truly love her then walk her down the Isle and be prayerful about it. God will heal her in Jesus name.

Take good care of her and always be there for her, advice her always and never let her be alone.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by NihilceM: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2007
mekoyo:

You can get married and still have babies. I attended a program in August where a Doctor gave us hints on HIV/AIDS. The tilte of the lecture was :HIV/AIDS: THE RAVAGING MONSTER.
He gave us the history of the dreaded disease. Well what i'm driving home is that you can have babies, all you need to do is see a certified doctor. Certified doctor i said not the quack ones.

Please be prayerful and pray always for her, there is nothing impossible for God. If you truly love her then walk her down the Isle and be prayerful about it. God will heal her in Jesus name.

Take good care of her and always be there for her, advice her always and never let her be alone.

Stop filling this poster's head with such craps.

What makes her more special than other millions of people who have the disease?

Why should god be merciful with a woman who has probably lived a wayward life and neglect innocents souls like children who were victims of misfortune?

YOU HAD BETTER CRACK YOUR BRAIN BEFORE You WRITE THESE SHITS!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by FactorChic(f): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

Why should god be merciful with a woman who has probably lived a wayward life and neglect innocents souls like children who were victims of misfortune?

see as u dey talk like person wey no go school! dem tell u say na only person wey dey sleep around dey get AIDS? HISS!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by NihilceM: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2007
FactorChic:

see as u dey talk like person wey no go school! them tell u say na only person wey dey sleep around dey get AIDS? HISS!

Village she-goat i didn't ask for your opnion.

And besides in what way can't she have got the virus?

i won't give her any benefit of doubts because the answer is so obvious and even the poster hasn't even come out to deny since it was said.

So madam "I can't mind my business" Bleep off!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by 9ja4eva: 12:49am On Oct 31, 2007
I dont think its that bad as we potray
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by tonia2000(f): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

Village she-goat i didn't ask for your opnion.

And besides in what way can't she have got the virus?

i won't give her any benefit of doubts because the answer is so obvious and even the poster hasn't even come out to deny since it was said.

So madam "I can't mind my business" Bleep off!

Take it easy o why are u taking this issue too personal,are u so concerned?na wa o
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by samobaba(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2007
Hey all,
I appreciate your effort at advising Robert to leave his girl friend and not take the risk they are good. A medical student even gave advise about the chances of public stigma that might come up against him. Well Robert your chances of having negative children through HIV+ parents. You can even make love with an HIV+ lady and not get the virus, its usually deoend on your level of a good pre-intimacy before sex, if she well lubricated you will have sex with her and not contact the disease.
People living with the virus are people like you and i, we should not say because the devil has found a way to infiltrate our society with incuraable disease that we should decide to take what are essentials to life happiness from people because they are carrier of such diseases.
Robert! if you love your girl friend show that love to her by not having sex with her as its required of you biblically. wait! what if you had sex in the past with her, and you went for the test and you came out negative, though its not a guarantee that you didnt have the virus because you will need to go for the test in another three months time to confirm your status.
Someone close to me is in your shoe,  she was discovered to have the disease in her eight month of pregnancy, the husband had sex with her through the period of pregancy and was not found to be a carrier. The baby is also negative
and she and her husband have been having regular sex since child delivery though most times with the use of condoms, but there are times they make love without it.
Are you scared? they have there hope in God, he is able to change the status.
My advise is that if your girlfriend is HIV + and you love her, believe God with her, she is going to get her healing, because at the name of Jesus whatever name is named shall bow to him.

Am using this opportunity to invite everyone on these forum to come and have direct encounter with Jesus at the NITE OF GLORY crusade coming up at gynasium hall of national stadium , surulere on Nov 2nd, starting from 7pm till down.
Come Expecting A miracle.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by terwizzy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2007
if u think that u will be able to cope when she starts dying and are ready to possibly die with her and let all your dreams go to the dust then go ahead and get married. otherwise flee the crime scene immediately and make sho u leave no fingerprints behind
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by twixstars(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2007
Is all up to you to decide Robert, but really there are two things you have to put into consideration.

1) If you get married to her, will you be able to live with the trauma knowing that she has the virus and she can die at anytime? Knowing that you can also get infected at anytime?
2) If you leave and don’t get married to her, will you be able to live with the guilt? Or even forgive yourself?
If you can put this two things into consideration before making your decision, then your assured of making the one that will favoure you and come from your heart. But which ever decision you make remember to be prayerful and avoid doing anything to her/yourself that will incur God’s hanger on you.
Good luck Robert on whatever decision you make………,  and may God Asist you in making them
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by geegee(f): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2007
hi robert ,i have read your post and the relplies given expecially the one where someone said hiv+ people should not have babies. first and formost i think everyone should be well informed about hiv and aids because alot of people don't know the diffrenced. i realy want to ask how many people have taken hiv test? im  hiv+ and im i know you can have hiv free babies and is still possible to have unprotected sex wt your partner and not infect him wt the virus that is only possible when your viral load is none detected like mine so robert your girl needs all your love and surport not pity and for the record hiv+ people don't just die it only when the immune system breaks down from lack of drugs and food and we are the healthiest pple on the planet.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2007
geegee, thanks a million for sharing your experience. Isn't 100% certain that such a baby will be free of HIV?
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by showbobo(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2007
Geegee is very right.most of us here dont even know our status yet. sad sad sad
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by kechkech1: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2007
I think you should do some resaerch your self into HIV. With recent advancement in technologies and medicines HIV is no different from any other disease. The life expectancy of people with HIV and are taking the antiviral drugs is only 10 years less than thier fit counterparts if they are taking the drugs regularly.

In terms of having children there are drugs that can reduce the risk of passing hiv to your to less tan 0.5%. I think it is a tough decision you have to make and no one can really tell you what to do but i think its important you make an informed decision. I would advice you to go on the net and read up more about HIV.

I'm a medic and I volunteer in a HIV clinic and i know people who have lived healthily and happily with HIV for over 20 years. I think the most important thing about HIV is knowing that you have it and taking precautions to treat yourself and avoid spreading it to future sexuall partners
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by kechkech1: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

i would like to remind you that you only need to sleep with one person with hiv to get it. Secondly hiv is not only transitted through sex, thirdly as many as one in 30 nigerians may have hiv without knowin it.
Think about this there are 145460 members of naira land and 48486 of them may have hiv. This is no longer a personal, it is a global issue that should be taken seriously. We should be trying to support and educate people, epecially the teenagers of today, not pointing fingers or judging. how are you so sure that your closest friend, your uncle or even your sibling does not have hiv. Does that mean they are wayward?
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by TruBrotha: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
Only if people could learn the simple lesson of "Letting Go", this world would be a better place
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by tonyatambi: 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2007
I would sincerely advise u 4rm the bottom of my heart NOT 2 marry a HIV positive patient because if u do, ITS DISASTER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by simibrazil(f): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2007
Marry someone with HIV is like signed a contract for die.
I think who has HIV have to marry people with HIV
Is not fair even for the whole love around the world spoil's someones life for being careless.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by bootas(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2007
my guy  just flee.its not worth it at all.u guy can still be friends to show u care
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by noddy(f): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2007
Can you cope with the pressures of caring for a sick person especially when  they start going down hill. Man get a grip on reality. You can stay and still be her friend however any other step is not advised. shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by mimibrown(f): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2007
ur girl is HIV not u why dont u seek the advice of a doctor to no if it will have an effect the on baby incase u guys decide to have babies but plz dont leave ur girl she has HIV not AIDS and with the drugs she can live very long.i wish u both the best of luck
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by zimba315(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2007
pls its no go area if you are not positive pls dont invoule in it you can just encourage the lady so that she won't feel stigma and feel discreminated.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Pappyjesby(m): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2007
You really need not to panic, all u need do is to seek medical counsel, it is possible for your children to be HIV free with the help of medical science. In other word you can get married and still have a happy home. For more medical advise and fruitful consultations you can get in touch with me; (tunajis@hotmail.com; 08033082395).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yuda Hairgrowth Spray For Baldness, Hairloss And Beard Growth / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Lassa Fever-what You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.