Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? (5752 Views)

Whatsapp Group For UI Pgschool Admission 2014/2015 / Oou 2014/2015 Admisson / Views About Cut-off Marks For Ui's Post-ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by AbdulFattah(m): 6:48am On Mar 14, 2012
I am a LAW student in OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, but I am still nursing the dream of schooling in UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN. So, I have decided to try my luck this year by resitting for UTME.
I NEED YOUR PIECES OF ADVICE !
WOULD YOU DO THE SAME IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES ?
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by charlsecy4(m): 9:34am On Mar 14, 2012
Yes, I will, if going to UI will make me fulfilled and happier!

I hope you have finished reading Successors and the Porter's Wheel?

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 14, 2012
If it would be profitable to you in the long run , why not?

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Lexusgs430: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2012
You should get some credits from your previous University enabling you to skip the 1st year at your new university of choice.
I do not seem to know how shoer was used in this post, from recollection a shoer, is a person who shoes horses or other animals.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by NerdyPoet(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2012
I really think it does not matter either oou..or UI, it depends on what you are able to achieve from either schools...so if yu feel comfortable in oou and your g.p is alright too...why change?...but as someone said if going to ui would make you more fulfilled then without doubts go for it..being fulfilled matters a lot .

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by ndidibabe(f): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2012
I did almost thesame thing 8 years ago. I was already in 100 level studying Physics and Electronics at UNAD(now EKSU), wrote another JAMB and left for Ife to study Computer Engr. Anyway, i left for another course. @OP, i advise you follow your dream. U.I degree is prestigious than Ago iwoye degree . I can't stand all this Ago Iwoye, Akungba, Ayungba, EKSU schools.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by femmy2010(m): 9:47am On Mar 14, 2012
Abdul Fattah: I am a LAW student in OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, but I am still nursing the dream of schooling in UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN. So, I have decided to try my luck this year by resitting for UTME.
I NEED YOUR PIECES OF ADVICE !
WOULD YOU DO THE SAME IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOER ?

It doesn't matter where you bag your law degree from,just work had on getting a good grade and sure all would be well with you.
What is this man's name,that teaches legal method?
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by GoldCircle: 10:11am On Mar 14, 2012
wouldn't that be madness?? isn't it just the same course or am I missing something here? same curriculum, same university system and you'll be losing 1 full year?! for what? i bet you'll almost find the same set of lecturers teaching in both universities too 'cos i understand these Federal university lecturers do some part time consultancy stuff with state and private univerisities. It ain't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by chino4(m): 10:11am On Mar 14, 2012
The end result of attending both universities is getting a good degree and going to the law school.My advice as a lawyer to you is to remain in your current university because switching to another university at this point would mean you would loose 2years.cheers

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by pastormrs: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2012
my dear just concentrate on making good grades and distinguishing yourself; law practice is about self worth not necessarily about teh institute. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by wesley80(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2012
Why not apply to IMSU so maybe you can make a 2.1 and then go on to make a first class at the Law school like that pretty Igbo girl from that 'unprestigious' state university? Heard they've got great lecturers over there. If its name you want then why not just apply to Oxford or Harvard? Ok I get it now, you just want to brag to your co Jambitos that you attend Nigerias 'Premier' university and you believe thats worth One full year of your life abi? Goodluck BTW how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by bid4rich(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2012
Well, I graduated from OOU and i often visit U.I there is no different in their curriculum but a lot of difference in the environment, but all the same I stil have my good grade. So it doesnt matter where u study, your studious life and your commitment with your passion for excellence is what matters. Think before you make a switch because ONE WRONG STEP CAN WRECK A WHOLE DESTINY. Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Wolaycious(m): 11:03am On Mar 14, 2012
Are you kidding me?Is it about schools now?Have we not seen the so called 'Massive' Schools turn out Mediocres?Matter of fact,you should go check best graduating students from Law School in the last 10years.LASU&OOU Dominate.Sue me if i'm wrong.Doesnt mean the schools helped th€m p€rßäy,th€y work€d för it
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Ayodeji82: 11:06am On Mar 14, 2012
Oga lawyer.. Know this about students, they are same... OOU and UI. What makes the difference is yourself... I mean how often you develop yourself makes the different. Going to UI doesn't mean your are better then your colleagues at OOU. I've written jambs for people in OAU among other schools and I finished from LAUTech. As u are, u are not better than students at polytechnic... If you are good and serious, you might be one of the best... Sure.
I'm currently doing my masters in UI now... Lawyer , students are students.... Seriousness makes the different. Follow your dream but your gat to prove yourself in the labour market... U gat to Write a test after that interview will follow.... If you fail the test UI certificate will be.... Hahahahaha. Follow ur dream oooo
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by ayandee: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2012
I studied law at the University of Ibadan. However, i'll advise you complete ur studies in OOU. The law curriculum is the same all over Nigeria and all law faculties are regulated by both NUC and Council of Legal education. Just ensure u finish with a good grade. U will also get the chance to meet other law graduates (both local and int'l) when u eventually get to d law school. There's more to law practice than d four walls of a university. I've met a number of OOU law graduates who are doing quite well in practice. Stay in OOU and focus on ur studies.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by ayandee: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2012
I forgot to add this- u need to build a very strong social network. Start now! That's as important (if not more important) as the 'good grade'.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by 4chi: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2012
In the first place, you need to know that seniority at the bar is of very strong essence and realise that your present mates may end up as your professional seniors at the bar in future. secondly you also need to know that Law is a unique discipline that allows all graduates of law to test their academic mettle at the Law school and from overall trends so far, the state universities have been very, impressive. The best student in my set for instance was from Lasu. OOU, Ekpoma graduates have distinguished themselves over the years. lastly, the law faculty in U.I is relatively young and was established after that of OOU. So, what exactly are you on about. The choice remains yours anyway.....

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by lizzybabe1(f): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2012
Oh my God! I thought this kind of thing died with the 90s or early noughties, when the UIs and OAUs of this world still had a little bit of prestige left! These schools are pretty much the same these days! Like someone said earlier, if you want to go to a 'heavyweight' school, you need to be in Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge,etc. You will realise in future that there's no difference between Naija schools, especially if you go abroad for Masters. So stay in OOU and don't waste a whole year!
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by AbdulFattah(m): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2012
THANKS EVERYONE.
I really appreciate ur concerns.

@Charlesecy4, yes I have read the texts.
@Lexus, it was a mistake. I wanted to write 'shoes'.
@Femmmy, I guess that'll be Mr. Jide Ogunsakin.
@Wesley, I am 15.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by i1: 3:50am On Mar 15, 2012
friggin hell... mr ogunsakin still teaches legal methods? mehn!!!!
ok guy sit ur behind in oou not because i finished from there but because of
1. seniority in the bar.
2. ability to mingle(in oou you get to enter lagos more often than not).
3. the tough mindedness of the school we rugged sha...
4. ask your seniors of the class of 2009/2010 law school where at least 3 oou students made a first.
my advise though is work hard, mingle hard and your practice is set...

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Dynamique: 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2012
But OOU has been infamous for notorius cultists,the school can be dangerous at times.

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Dynamique: 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2012
Weigh your options carefully.
But OOU has been infamous for notorius cultists,the school can be dangerous at times.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by femmy2010(m): 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
Abdul Fattah: THANKS EVERYONE.
I really appreciate ur concerns.

@Charlesecy4, yes I have read the texts.
@Lexus, it was a mistake. I wanted to write 'shoes'.
@Femmmy, I guess that'll be Mr. Jide Ogunsakin.
@Wesley, I am 15.

The Famous Ogunsakin,you right.
My bruva,stay put in OOU,be focused and you do be glad you stayed.
Use to find English 503/501(not too sure again) interesting then,this Edo/Benin man still there?He is great at what he does man.

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Ayobami7(m): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
all the best
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ayobami7:
all the best

Be like say you just enter OOU, he dey shak you.
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Kukuma stay where you areundecided
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
writerights:

Be like say you just enter OOU, he dey shak you.
i dey tell u guy
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
ndidibabe:
I did almost thesame thing 8 years ago. I was already in 100 level studying Physics and Electronics at UNAD(now EKSU), wrote another JAMB and left for Ife to study Computer Engr. Anyway, i left for another course. @OP, i advise you follow your dream. U.I degree is prestigious than Ago iwoye degree . I can't stand all this Ago Iwoye, Akungba, Ayungba, EKSU schools.
What happened in this schools you mentioned. Are they not being taught the same curriculum with the so called premier university. Issit not the same job prospect that is available for them after bagging various degrees? And like someone pointed out, some of these state unis dominate various academic records more than the federal units. Yes, u heard me right. So, I still don get the point you are trying to make undecided
Re: Would You Leave Oou Law For Ui Law After Spending A Year ??? by Henz24(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
charlsecy4:
Yes, I will, if going to UI will make me fulfilled and happier!

I hope you have finished reading Successors and the Porter's Wheel?
porter's wheel? I read that book in my jss1

(1) (Reply)

Tension In The University Of Jos' Hostels / Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria – When And How They Where Established / Academy Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.