Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,203 members, 7,845,974 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) (6811 Views)

How To Easily Make MTN Refund Credit Deducted From Your Account. / JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... / MTN Refund My Money!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by jidowu84: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2012
I calculate how much they have eaten from me, in fact, it is enough to buy a car.
@op, dnt blame mtn, but ur brodas and sisters working for mtn. They are the thieves behind all this. I could remeber, they use to give half bag of rice to lower caders @ d end of d year but when oyinbo man take over, he stoped it and order dat everybody must be given one full bag each and two kegs of G.oil irrespect of your status. Head no pass Head. So back to d topic, they use to return all dis type of money before but nigerians in top convince dem dat anyfin goes in naija. As you call ur name, is how people will call you. So dnt blame mtn, dey are good people.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2012
I think if we Nigerians are very critical about little things, this country will be a better country. And i don't think we should over look little things and count it as child's play because consumers of goods and services outside Nigeria especially in Europe and America will never let anyone or any organisation deny them of their rights. It is my 10naira and i have every right to demand for it. They can keep taking 10naira from me when my messages fails to deliver to other networks Lets call a spade a spade. I will not wait for someone to swindle me of my hard earned sweat before i cry out. If Nigerians are critical about their country, i believe this country will be a better place. Like they say, little drops of water makes an Ocean. And with network subscribers over 10 or maybe 50million people. What do you expect? 5naira or 10naira for each failed sms? How much does that result to? Nobody can tell me he or she has not been charged for failed SMS? Last year i subscribed for bulk sms on www.50kobo.com. I wanted to send out happy new year message on the 31st and on the 1st of january and even the 2nd day of January. Guys, could you believe that their server was down from on the 31st of december 2011 till 4th of January 2012? What do you call that? NCC should better do something about the services of Telecoms operator and bulksms services in Nigeria because its becoming too dubious of those two.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Mpetempe(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2012
ITbomb: Maybe its time to change to airtel and text for N1 and N5 to other networks includin
Airtel Charge N1 per page? If true then is cool.

1 Like

Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Paulsquare: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2012
Pls can some one in the house give anwser to this? All these observation or suggestion made on NL is it for a mere joke or it go to the appropriate bodies for action? Pls i mean no offence oh just want an answer. Thank u
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Nemerem44(m): 9:43am On Mar 15, 2012
@ Poster, Sorry about that, but thats the way it works. I don,t know why anyway. The moment u send an SMS from ur phone, the first thing the system does is to bill u whether the SMS was successfully delivered or not. For example if u have a NOKIA torchlight phone and text BIS to 21600, the system will debit ur account immediately by #3000 not minding whether u are using a BLACKBERRY phone or not. In summary, the system only recognises the command. Once again, sorry about that.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by md4real(m): 10:20am On Mar 15, 2012
seriously, it happens alot and most times when i call those greedy customer reps, who acts like they know it all, nothing seems to be done. any body ready to sue, i will be a witness
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by adefash(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2012
Imagine sending a letter by courier and the house of the receiver was shut on getting there.will you seek refund of the fee charged for sending the parcel?
you paid mtn 10 naira for sending a msg.the msg has been taken from your fone through a network to its destination.if the msg is not delivered due to the destination netwrk issue or person not reachable,do you seek refund when a service has been rendered?
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by onome25(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2012
the guys is 100% right!!! it.s only in nigeria that illegal service are rendered to customers & they GO free without being sued or probed.i can't remember when i recharge my mtn, it.s just lying on my shelve looking like slowpoke that resemble mtn's FACE. thieves network from south-africa[ honestly this network provider get luck because during last week of heat UP between NIGERIA & SOUTH-AFRICA, our GOVERNMENT for just use that opportunity to deport this ashole!]
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by timpaker(m): 10:42am On Mar 15, 2012
Rhymez: I will never forget the treasure hunt promo that I spent up to N2000 texting nonsense thing. They will ask u to text "WIN" to go for d draw and they will charge N100 per text. The next thing they will send to u is text "GO" to win. I text up till 20 times and nothing. Thieves.

Unfortunately, Etisalat has joined the scamming promo, they are always disturbing my phone with 'Win 3500 point to join the GOLDEN club' text.
BTW, One need to summon courage and sue dis MTN exploiters called service provider. undecided undecided undecided
as for the poster. sorry! but send me your number so that i can transfer 50 bucks to you. grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by DariusD(m): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2012
As if I am the only one this network does this to every time. MTN is sooo doomed.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Koolking(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2012
[quote][/quote]But looking @ it from this angle.. If u give Ur kid N100 as T-fare to help deliver a mail for u, he gets to d destination could nt find d person, of course he ll return home... Will u still ask him for d T-fare u gave him
N.B-- am not supporting MTN oooo... Cos we all know they are crap.. Just lookin @ d case frm anoda angle

^
Your assertion is flawed. Why won't you collect the money except you want him to keep it. MTN renders public service. You only pay for service rendered to you. If you are charged for service not rendered, that becomes unacceptable and illegal.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by dridowu: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2012
ITbomb: Maybe its time to change to airtel and text for N1 and N5 to other networks includin mtn
ITbomb: Maybe its time to change to airtel and text for N1 and N5 to other networks includin mtn
airtel of all networks, pls dnt mention airtel 4 again
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Baawaa(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2012
If the receiver's phone is not on or not where there is network,but the message will deliver later
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by gr8xt(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
Na 2day,it has dey lol..there is a day i subscribed to mtn daily data plan 10mb,can you believ throughout dat day i ws nt able to use d megabyte nd my 100naira ws removed.wen i now cal dir customa care operator,i ws told dir machine or wateva is down.d questn is dis,wen u knew u cnt render d service cuz ur machine is down y do u deductd d 100naira?dis pple ar jst xploitin us
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by gr8xt(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
Na 2day,it has dey lol..there is a day i subscribed to mtn daily data plan 10mb,can you believ throughout dat day i ws nt able to use d megabyte nd my 100naira ws removed.wen i now cal dir customa care operator,i ws told dir machine or wateva is down.d questn is dis,wen u knew u cnt render d service cuz ur machine is down y do u deductd d 100naira?dis pple ar jst xploitin us
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by ayobase(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
blackwall: @poster abi u sef won try Atiku frnd style? Clim dia network pole and tell dem to call u d m.d . Lwkmd just #10 box u day halla

''just #10 box u day halla''
shld we continue keeping mute to all these fraudulent acts? Imagine someone behind dis act, and check out how much he must have made from abt 50M Nigerians.
The same happens in Bank, u just discover that like N2 has been deducted from ur a/c let alone of those N100. What for?
Thats how some pple amass wealth fraudulently and we keep folding our hands.
I remember the day I went to the bank to halla for a deducted N7, they had to refund it cos they gat no reasons!
We are being stolen from!
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by andyanders: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
The Op, you said the right thing. MTN is always deducting money from subscribers when there is failed txt msges and never make any refund. It is illegal and bad. I think they can be charged to court or notify NCC. I think I will be monitoring my phone now onward and whenever I am been debited, I will sue them for millions.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Fredline: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hello Bennyraz, why don't you just follow MTN on their twitter page. You can leave your name and number there and I'm sure someone will contact you.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by rman: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
Messages not delivered shouldn't be paid for. Simple.
I only wish we attach the same zeal to fraudulent issues from our local govt chairman, governor, senator etc.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by dj5naira(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
Empty hen?! Refund you N10?! How possible?!!
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Mtnstaf: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
@op N10 is alot of money bt why nt channel ur issues to d right place. MTN has walk in centers and online customer service to resolve queries like dis. Congrats u made d front page. Pls send ur number, d date nd time u sent d txt msg to me. Mtnstaff@ovi.com. Check mtnstaff..com to get info abt mtn services nd how to resolve common mtn network issues. I opened dis blog page because of u. Next time drop ur issues or questions on comments, let me fix it for u. Tanx
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by MeGaStReEt: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
Fraudsters
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by SheyWun(m): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2012
That N10 from millions of Nigerians more than once a day shocked Don't calculate that you might get a headache! cheesy
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by cynthiafred67(f): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2012
Mtn and their wahala na today? Me i am used to it jare

@op
Take heart i feel ur pain
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by U1(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2012
The thread title might appear funny, but it's serious. I have had similar thoughts before. I mean it doesn't make sense for these networks to charge for services not rendered. But then, who really care about the masses genuinely among those up there to fight for us? We better start thinking of ways to fight for ourselves.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by U1(m): 9:47am On Mar 17, 2012
gr8xt: Na 2day,it has dey lol..there is a day i subscribed to mtn daily data plan 10mb,can you believ throughout dat day i ws nt able to use d megabyte nd my 100naira ws removed.wen i now cal dir customa care operator,i ws told dir machine or wateva is down.d questn is dis,wen u knew u cnt render d service cuz ur machine is down y do u deductd d 100naira?dis pple ar jst xploitin us
True that. Had similar problems when using their night browsing plan. At a time, I couldn't browse for 5 days because of network issues and I wasn't compensated. It was then I decided to stop subscribing to their monthly data plan; that was about 6 months ago.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by U1(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2012
adefash: Imagine sending a letter by courier and the house of the receiver was shut on getting there.will you seek refund of the fee charged for sending the parcel?
you paid mtn 10 naira for sending a msg.the msg has been taken from your fone through a network to its destination.if the msg is not delivered due to the destination netwrk issue or person not reachable,do you seek refund when a service has been rendered?
Flawed analysis. If that's the perspective you want to view it from, I could bring up mine also. But, let's not go there.

I suspect you benefit from the current system.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by U1(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2012
dubem3: you know, there was a time long ago when money for failed text messages used to be returned but i guess naija is some kind of utopia for them... With the passing of each day, they discover more and more improper things they could do and go scot free. Which business man no one make money?

Its not funny though... But then, what in naija has ever been done right? you know, there was a time long ago when money for failed text messages used to be returned but i guess naija is some kind of utopia for them... With the passing of each day, they discover more and more improper things they could do and go scot free. Which business man no one make money?

Its not funny though... But then, what in naija has ever been done right?
The boldened part is quite true. There was a time that the only way I knew if a message has been delivered or not was by checking my airtime balance. But now they know anything goes around here.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
gr8xt: Na 2day,it has dey lol..there is a day i subscribed to mtn daily data plan 10mb,can you believ throughout dat day i ws nt able to use d megabyte nd my 100naira ws removed.wen i now cal dir customa care operator,i ws told dir machine or wateva is down.d questn is dis,wen u knew u cnt render d service cuz ur machine is down y do u deductd d 100naira?dis pple ar jst xploitin us

this is their new style of siphoning customer's money.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by francis247(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
pls house, which network 3G internet modem is best for streaming, especially live events such as a match. Honest and sincere response urgently needed; Thanks.
Re: MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) by dj5naira(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2012
francis247: pls house, which network 3G internet modem is best for streaming, especially live events such as a match. Honest and sincere response urgently needed; Thanks.
Etisalat!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Galaxy Mega 6.3 Enigma: How To Enable 3G (4G). / See The Juicy Data Offer Mtn Is Giving Me. / Kiwicash: Get Loan Up To ₦100000 From Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.