Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,546 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education (4035 Views)

Almajiri pupils taking Lessons on a drainage in Northern Nigeria(photo) / Fg Budget N950m For 3 Classroom N600m For Almajiri Education / President Jonathan Commissions 64 Almajiri Model Schools Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Phemmyolas(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2012
Hillarious!
chuks49: Almajiri School of Advance Jihad.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Phemmyolas(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
Hope the aid will not be diverted. Hope it will not be a morale booster for Boko Haram whose main motive is to islamise Nigeria. Hope it will not be just like other grants that vanished without a trace. Hope the donors do not have hidden agenda. One can only hope!
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by seriously: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
All these haters, what have these almajiri's ever done to you? You won't help them and you begrudge other's helping them. These are just innocent victims if you can put on your thinking caps for once.

1 Like

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by theviper1: 2:36am On Mar 17, 2012
GEJ seems to be patronising these pple so much.they said that they hate western education and here our free-spending government is wasting fortunes on sme illitrate abokis to embezzle.and still,they wont let the man rule this nation in peace.i hpe that the fg extends this gesture to MASSOB,MEND (and other sundry pipe busters)OPC and others.my 2 pence. lipsrsealed
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by ijigbamigb(m): 5:21am On Mar 17, 2012
I wanna ask some what ifs here and I some answers please:

By what I have read, Islamic Banking seems to be for the betterment of the entire citizenry
By their flexible non-fixed interest on loans, obviously they will be having a massive customer base of not only Nigerian Muslims but Christians with ideas also.
By this, their branches and business will spread like wide-fire across the federation.

If all these assumptions come into reality, then in ten years of Islamic Banking in Nigeria we should be having:

A society with sharia-oriented banks that command the larger part of the population. This indirectly should lead to a sharia oriented economy...

AM not criticizing the banks or their mode of operation, though they may exist in the developed world, but we should not fail to look closely into how the developed world also indirectly control the activities and regulate the operations of these banks which i don't think a Nigerian government can successfully do...
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by CGKing(m): 8:40am On Mar 17, 2012
Wsste of time. They dont like education. ...or western education for that matter.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by jesse8048(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2012
zebudaya: If you don't educate them, they are going to join Boko Haram.

They shud join and bomb themselves
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by BBDelta(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
Why are NIGERIANS LIKE THESE?? OH GOD!!!!! Some times I feel like walking away far from this mading crowd..You complain they don't like School, Now somebody among them is using their money and trying to educate them, you say na waste of time, can you be positive for once in your life, another person say they want to islamize nigeria, ok you who want to christianlize nigeria, or jujulize nigeria or what ever the religioulize Nigeria, you should spend your own money and sponsor free school to do same and let it be equal force or greater if need be, and stopr beeing fooly wise.......... GOOD MOVE IDB>>>>>>
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by iiiyyyk(m): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2012
they have the most corrupt leaders. the money will go as usual.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by nasty45(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2012
Is it just me?ds almajiris or wteva de cal demselves are not nigerians,STOP WASTIN OUR MONEY FOR Bleep SAKE
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by koolJ1(f): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
There are some things yu jst cannot force on a people. Education is one. There nomads rejected it in d colonial era,abhor it now,ignore d schools they have YET we try to shove dis same education down thier nomadic throats! Being an idealist,i hope it yields fruits; but facing reality,it seems a fruitless venture. I stand to be corrected as events unfold

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 6 Months Enough To Prepare For A Levels / List Of Admitted Candidates For 2010/2011 Academic Session Of Igbajo Polytechnic / 2011/2012 Abu Post-ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.