Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians (3724 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by mukina2: 8:50am On Mar 16, 2012
In the move to quell the diplomatic feud, South Africa has apologized to Nigeria, but it will not compensate the deportees.
South Africa will not compensate the 124 Nigerian that it deported two weeks ago, Mrs Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula South Africa’s Minister for Correctional Services has said.

"The issue of compensation is out of the question. We all understand why South Africa will have to compensate. We believe that it is enough that we have come out and apologized, it is enough that we have demonstrated our goodwill to the government of Nigeria, it is enough that the President has sent a special Envoy to reiterate his commitment to the bi-national with Nigeria and to improve working relationship with Nigeria." Mrs. Mapisa Nqakula said

At the state house on Thursday, Jonathan held bi-national discussions with a South African delegation led by Correctional Services Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula. The delegates were sent as President Jacob Zuma’s special envoy following the diplomatic row between the Nigeria and South Africa.

The South Africa Minister for correctional service testified to a good discussion with the Nigerian President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4254-no_compensation_for_deported_nigerians.html
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Nautillus(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2012
They deported on frivolous grounds...........re retaliated with purposeful deportation.

They SA gorvernment offered a public appology..sent emisaries...plus its ambassador to also deliver a written appology.

E no reach una, Una say make them COMPENSATE the deportees...

Naija....Make una take am easy oh. (see now..they have said NO...now, we have allowed them make us look silly)
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2012
south africa don't waste or lavish money around. They are not like Nigerians that like to spray naira. THe southafricans account for every rand spent
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Rastamann: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2012
Why must they compensate them? They traveled with fake yellow card and you want them compensated for that? The apology is enough.
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by HumanPsycho(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2012
Hmmm, Naija I hail ooo! .... Compensate now or... lipsrsealed
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Naledi14(f): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2012
lol silly squable.
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2012
Even if they dont want to compensate, at least they should give them their ticket fare ... na dem fault?
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by henrychubayo: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2012
Rastamann: Why must they compensate them? They traveled with fake yellow card and you want them compensated for that? The apology is enough.
I really object the comment you made that the yellow fever card the nigerians travelled with were all fake. You mean that you held the view of south africans that their card where fake or you confirm it yourself? You see my brother, am in south africa, and when i came here, i got my card from health center in Enugu adding to the vaccination they gave me there. And atleast, we have 10 health center only in enugu with different signatures to the card if you want to acquire it in any of them and then talk about other states which will make it more than 100 health centers in the country. So they(south african health officials in the airport) that the card all had different signature and these made them all fake. They knew all can be fake but they want to scare nigerians to stop coming like we do.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by henrychubayo: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2012
Rastamann: Why must they compensate them? They traveled with fake yellow card and you want them compensated for that? The apology is enough.
I really object the comment you made that the yellow fever card the nigerians travelled with were all fake. You mean that you held the view of south africans that their card where fake or you confirm it yourself? You see my brother, am in south africa, and when i came here, i got my card from health center in Enugu adding to the vaccination they gave me there. And atleast, we have 10 health center only in enugu with different signatures to the card if you want to acquire it in any of them and then talk about other states which will make it more than 100 health centers in the country. So they(south african health officials in the airport) that the card all had different signature and these made them all fake. They knew all can be fake but they want to scare nigerians to stop coming like we do.
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by tigerleggs(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2012
henrychubayo:
That card could be fake. 90% of the card is bought from cleaners in MMIA.
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by henrychubayo: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2012
In my own opinion, they refuse to compensate because if nigerian had not deported their ppl, they would have compensated this guys but all the same, its good as we show a reciproce to them. My advice is, if these 9ja guys want compensation, they should be in union and come to south africa. When here, the should file a case against the south africa govt, believe me, they will win because the govt has no control of court cases here, and also for the fact that they apologise and coupled wit other fact will make them win. But it wil take much money ooooooo
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by muyoto: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2012
our do-me-I-do-you deportation of the South Africans clearly obviates any chance of compensation. their apology should suffice, I think.
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Mayflowa(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
Best way to compensate them is to drag the Government to court. They will certainly because the Govt of South Africa had said they did the wrong thing and apologised, That is the only evident u need to win compensation.

They are only trying to talk tough because their citizens are angry with their apology to Nigeria Govt added to the fact that They shouldnt stoop low for other country not to be call weak. They are ready to pay thru court pronouncement not by willy-nilly
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Chebejohn(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
why must they compensate
Re: South Africa: No Compensation For Deported Nigerians by Johnsinia(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
SA refuse 2 belive dat Nigeria senior dem

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Visa Expert, Scam Or Real? / Ways Of Getting Out Of Nigeria / Moving To Paraguay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.