Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Separating God From Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Separating God From Religion (784 Views)

Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian / How To Free Your Mind From Religion. / How Do I Break Free From Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separating God From Religion by Jenwitemi(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2012
In order for mankind to regain his sanity, is this the way forward? God is God and religions are just man-made structures needed for social control of the masses and also used as another means of social networking. Discuss.
Re: Separating God From Religion by mkmyers45(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: In order for mankind to regain his sanity, is this the way forward? God is God and religions are just man-made structures needed for social control of the masses and also used as another means of social networking. Discuss.

You are quite on cue with this one. I honestly feel God is apart and has nothing to do with modern day religions. The pains religion (esp the abrahamic faiths) has caused humanity can not be likened as the image of a God that all loving,all knowing and all seeing. Religion is an illusion to fill spaces human felt shouldn't go unexplained. I am 100% sure that none of the World religions portray a true path to the Universe Creator
Re: Separating God From Religion by Jenwitemi(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2012
mkmyers45:

You are quite on cue with this one. I honestly feel God is apart and has nothing to do with modern day religions. The pains religion (esp the abrahamic faiths) has caused humanity can not be likened as the image of a God that all loving,all knowing and all seeing.
That is interesting, isn't it? If the world religions do not reflect the characteristics of God, whose characteristics are they reflecting?

mkmyers45:
Religion is an illusion to fill spaces human felt shouldn't go unexplained. I am 100% sure that none of the World religions portray a true path to the Universe Creator
I agree.
Re: Separating God From Religion by mkmyers45(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2012
Jenwitemi: That is interesting, isn't it? If the world religions do not reflect the characteristics of God, whose characteristics are they reflecting?
They are reflecting what they feel thier god should be like.

2 Likes

Re: Separating God From Religion by Arosa(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2012
Jenwitemi: That is interesting, isn't it? If the world religions do not reflect the characteristics of God, whose characteristics are they reflecting?

I agree.

Theirs of course.
Re: Separating God From Religion by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bump..
Wey Jenwi dey hide these days sef?
Re: Separating God From Religion by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: In order for mankind to regain his sanity, is this the way forward? God is God and religions are just man-made structures needed for social control of the masses and also used as another means of social networking. Discuss.

Good evening,

I really would love to know what you mean by religion?
Re: Separating God From Religion by tobechi20(m): 1:50am On Dec 22, 2012
Religon is personal relationship with God and fellow men.it cant be saperated?
Re: Separating God From Religion by plaetton: 2:13am On Dec 22, 2012
tobechi20: Religon is personal relationship with God and fellow men.it cant be saperated?

Which god?.
Is it possible to have a personal relationship with someone or entity that is not physical? C'mon lets cut the bullcrap and be true to our
selves. It is hard enough having personal relationships with our partners, relatives, neighbors, other clans, tribes,other nationals. How realistic is it to have the so-called personal relationship with an entity, if at it exists,that does not occupy any kind of physical space that we can reach out and touch?
This idea of personal relationship with god is like one of those childhood fantasies and role playing, whereby we make up a perfect imaginary friend who just plays whatever role we want him/her to play.
Every child does that.

(1) (Reply)

When Is The End Of Times? / Is Bible Another Form Of Drug? / Jan - Dec, What Have You Achieved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.