Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: (3047 Views)

The Sign Of Jesus Coming, And Of The End Of The World! / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. / Jesus Coming Back To Destroy The Destroyers Of The Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by styrax(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2007
The message has been drummed into my ear drums for as long as I can remember. If he is coming back, i think we better get it over with on time or we can just forget about it.

Though I may sound frustrated, I'm sure quite a lot of us must have felt like that at a time.  I just hope that somebody has not misinterpreted those script literally. I really hope.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by luvchild(f): 2:18am On Oct 30, 2007
You know there were a lot of people many many years ago, who felt like this too, the years simply came and went. Those generations died off. So you may not still be around when he comes. I think that you are focusing on the wrong thing, why are you tired of waiting? Are you not happy with the life God has given you? You are focusing on the wrong thing, you should think about the life your living and making sure you are ready, I am sure you are not perfect, no man is. So instead of using everyday of your life waiting to die or live. Use it to grow closer to Jesus so that when he comes you will meet him joyfully. Take that time you spend waiting on him to go visit a church, or old people home. Enjoy this life and God Bless you.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by dtwsola(m): 3:13am On Oct 30, 2007
The thread title is hilarious.

That is all.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Dios(f): 3:35am On Oct 30, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He's not coming anytime soon or ever.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by damoche07(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2007
@STRYRAX

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 that ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 and saying, WHERE IS THE PROMISE OF HIS COMING? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they WILLINGLY are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9  THE LORD IS NOT SLACK CONCERNING HIS PROMISE, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, but that all should come to repentance.
10 BUT THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, WHAT MANNER OF PERSON OUGHT YE TO BE in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 LOOKING AND HASTING unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14  Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, WITHOUT SPOT,AND BLAMELESS.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.2 Peter 3.

Dont be discouraged if u are really waiting and don't be decieved by scoffers.Have a gret day.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by freelance(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2007
styrax:

The message has been drummed into my ear drums for as long as I can remember. If he is coming back, i think we better get it over with on time or we can just forget about it.

Though I may sound frustrated, I'm sure quite a lot of us must have felt like that at a time. I just hope that somebody has not misinterpreted those script literally. I really hope.

Sooner than you expect and like a thief in the nite cool

Don't give up or lose faith.

You will win the race by the grace of God wink

Cheers!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by booksbooks(f): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
Styrax, believing in Jesus and that God exist is what we termed faith. You need faith to live life fully. i tell people that everyone depend on someone or something. Some on friends, some on objects and some on God. You sound like someone who wants to "see before you believe". Then if you must, you can not have faith. Faith is not logical and not reasonable. You need to believe what you dont see if you must follow Christ. I am in that level. If you have surrendered fully to Christ your life will be full of drama(im a living testimony). This is all about relationship with God. Im talking about the experience you have with God. I can tell you that God still speaks. Then how on earth can i doubt the God who talks to me. Moses saw God and he stopped doubting and so you cannot see God and doubt God. I pray that you will experience God, then you will not be tired waiting for His glorious second coming. And if He does not come in your generation, your faith in Him must have helped and blessed your neighbours and you.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Dios(f): 4:10am On Oct 31, 2007
booksbooks:

Styrax, believing in Jesus and that God exist is what we termed faith. You need faith to live life fully. i tell people that everyone depend on someone or something. Some on friends, some on objects and some on God. You sound like someone who wants to "see before you believe". Then if you must, you can not have faith. Faith is not logical and not reasonable. You need to believe what you don't see if you must follow Christ. I am in that level. If you have surrendered fully to Christ your life will be full of drama(im a living testimony). This is all about relationship with God. I'm talking about the experience you have with God. I can tell you that God still speaks. Then how on earth can i doubt the God who talks to me. Moses saw God and he stopped doubting and so you cannot see God and doubt God. I pray that you will experience God, then you will not be tired waiting for His glorious second coming. And if He does not come in your generation, your faith in Him must have helped and blessed your neighbours and you.

GOT JESUS? yes
GOT DRAMA? yes.
Ain't that a b#tch.
grin grin grin
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by CBTonline(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2007
Hello Dios,

I'm writing this little reply solely because of you.

Dios, TX i suppose means Texas in the United States if i'm right. I've not been there but i believe that as the LORD lives and if HE tarries a little while (which i doubt) i will be in Texas to minister the Gospel of my LORD JESUS.

America can be a beautiful place in terms of infrastructure and what have you, but the BIBLE says that there is a better JERUSALEM that eyes have not seen or that which have not come to ears of man.

Back to the main point, Dios, the Bible says that My people perish because of lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). So, among other destructive factors, ignorance is one of them. Correct me If i'm wrong with what you've written:

"Got JESUS? YES
Got DRAMA? YES
Ain't that a b#tch"

Dios, there are certain things you don't joke with and more importantly when it relates to SCRIPTURAL AND BIBLICAL THINGS.

Dios, a reggae musician, known all over the world, based in South Africa once sang sometime back in 1999 that;

"Have you ever imagined your wife being in black
Have you ever imagined your car stolen in the day time
Have you ever imagined you being shot in the head and so on"

Beloved, this musician because he said it ignorantly way back that time got exactly what he requested 8yrs after in the year 2007, just a few weeks back. That is the power being words be it written or spoken. (Death and Life are in the power of the tongue)

There are things you don't say or do for the sake of doing it or for the sake of laughter. The Almighty God, who HIMSELF is the foundation of WORDS doesn't play with words. Whatever God says HE'LL do, the exact same thing will HE DO.

Dios, this is only a tip of advise to you that you repent of such statement you have made consciously or unconsciously and ask GOD for forgiveness so that HE can have mercy and compassion on you. GOD is not a joker.

God bless you as you do so.

Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by solatunde: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2007
@styrax,
from the tone of your writing, you have an inner conviction that Jesus is coming. Don't be carried away by comments or things happening around you, HE WILL SURELY COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT. Be prepared for him, move closer to him and you will not regret. Don't be tired of waiting, he is closer than you think.
And what do you think will happen when he comes and you are not prepared for him, may you not experience that in Jesus name.
Remember, every one to himself on the judgement day, no small or big excuse will be enough on that day. I wish you the best
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by zukkie4eva(f): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2007
@Poster,

Just hang in there, he'd come when u least expect Him.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by smile4kenn(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2007
@poster

an advice about his coming.

just obey the ten commandments, do the good things. love your neighbour and love God, Dont think about His coming
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by krisbobo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2007
He is not coming back! it's officila. it was on CNN last night! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously though, the 2nd coming of Christ is merely a metaphor; the next master is the master within and you will have to find that master by yourself.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Dios(f): 5:02am On Nov 07, 2007
CBT online:

Hello Dios,

I'm writing this little reply solely because of you.

Dios, TX i suppose means Texas in the United States if i'm right. I've not been there but i believe that as the LORD lives and if HE tarries a little while (which i doubt) i will be in Texas to minister the Gospel of my LORD JESUS.

America can be a beautiful place in terms of infrastructure and what have you, but the BIBLE says that there is a better JERUSALEM that eyes have not seen or that which have not come to ears of man.

Back to the main point, Dios, the Bible says that My people perish because of lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). So, among other destructive factors, ignorance is one of them. Correct me If i'm wrong with what you've written:

"Got JESUS? YES
Got DRAMA? YES
Ain't that a b#tch"

Dios, there are certain things you don't joke with and more importantly when it relates to SCRIPTURAL AND BIBLICAL THINGS.

Dios, a reggae musician, known all over the world, based in South Africa once sang sometime back in 1999 that;

"Have you ever imagined your wife being in black
Have you ever imagined your car stolen in the day time
Have you ever imagined you being shot in the head and so on"

Beloved, this musician because he said it ignorantly way back that time got exactly what he requested 8yrs after in the year 2007, just a few weeks back. That is the power being words be it written or spoken. (Death and Life are in the power of the tongue)

There are things you don't say or do for the sake of doing it or for the sake of laughter. The Almighty God, who HIMSELF is the foundation of WORDS doesn't play with words. Whatever God says HE'LL do, the exact same thing will HE DO.

Dios, this is only a tip of advise to you that you repent of such statement you have made consciously or unconsciously and ask GOD for forgiveness so that HE can have mercy and compassion on you. GOD is not a joker.

God bless you as you do so.

Better jerusalem. Whatever floats your boat man. What about a better Africa? You walk around with this fantasy in your head about some jew  descending  from the sky to save you, how long have you been waiting?
So you're saying Dube died because of those lyrics? His lyrics are social commentary, he didn't die because he alledgedly had a song with those lyrics, he died because the leaders of SA didn't rectify the economic and social situation over there, so take your crazy,baseless superstitions somewhere else.
I don't say these things for the sake of laughter,I say it because it's what I see around me, Black people losing our history and clinging to some foreign god is not funny.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by seun001(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2007
@Dios,
am feeling u ooo!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by otokx(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
If your tired of waiting, there is a short cut route. Just take a bus from Lagos to Ibadan following the expressway and please make sure to start the journey by 9pm and if you do get to ibadan immediately take another one back to Lagos and do so when a heavy rain is fallling especially in the ember months.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Oby1(f): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2007
grin grin grin na wao for una o
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by smile4kenn(m): 4:52am On Nov 08, 2007
There is a short route for this, if you want it to end, climb a 3 storey building, close ur eyes, then jump down. when you open ur eyes then u will see urself either in HELL OR HEAVEN
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Millena(m): 2:17am On Dec 25, 2007
Are you tired of waiting for the Lord?
Habakkuk 2: 3 says "but these things I plan wont happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Uzzyan: 2:54am On Dec 25, 2007
Christ is coming very soon. Be watchful because u donot know the time or hour the son of man would come.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Dec 25, 2007
@poster, try to occupy your mind with as much as you can while you wait. No one knows when the end will come but do not let the feelings overwhelm you much. We all get to that point every now and then. Just try to shift your focus to other things so you can breath and not be tempted to do evil.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by olabowale(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2007
Uzzayan is right. No one knows when the 'son of man' will come. Not even the son of man himself! His Lord makes that decision, alone. You hear than, Christians.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by pilgrim1(f): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
olabowale:

Uzzayan is right. No one knows when the 'son of man' will come. Not even the son of man himself! His Lord makes that decision, alone. You hear than, Christians.

We hear! grin If only you would stop hiding your head in the sand. Did Muhammad not also say that Jesus would SOON descend among Muslims? Have you forgotten that reference. . . or you would try to deny it once again so that we can dust your books for you? WHY has Muhammad's "SOON" taken more than 15 centuries? grin
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by jagunlabi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2007
O boy,make you commit suicide so that ya spirit go go meet jesus for wherever im dey.
Instead of you to make yourself more useful to the society,you're thinking of a free ride to a place you're not even sure exists.
Zombie.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2007
jagunlabi:

O boy,make you commit suicide so that ya spirit go go meet jesus for wherever im dey.
Instead of you to make yourself more useful to the society,you're thinking of a free ride to a place you're not even sure exists.
Zombie.

How do you know you are not the Zombie in this case?? Can you prove that he is not sure it exists?? Can you prove it does not exist??
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by dafidixone(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2007

Though I may sound frustrated, I'm sure quite a lot of us must have felt like that at a time. I just hope that somebody has not misinterpreted those script literally. I really hope.

Only God know the time and seasons. All I will do is to encourage you not to get weary. Like the Scout sloggan " Be prepapared" God bless you as you renew your strenght. He will be here any momment we least expected. smileyHalleluyah!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by bjluv: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
he told me in a vision that he is coming to Nigeria first and that is this sunday but he will pass by at your place so be ready!  shocked

---
[size=4pt]am  i now Pastor Adeboye  [/size]
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by jagunlabi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2007
Lol,here we go with the circular arguement.Let me entertain you briefly;
Can you prove that it exist?Have you been there?Have you had an inside view,or you are just spewing 20th hand fable dumped on your brainless ass by your colonial masters?
Kobojunkie:

How do you know you are not the Zombie in this case?? Can you prove that he is not sure it exists?? Can you prove it does not exist??
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by oziomatv(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2007
I still beleive in my African culture my Igbo mythology. in which we'were all created to be.
May the God of our land have mercy uppon his misled children.
I refuse to be what they wanted me to be,
I'm what I'm AFRICAN MAN.
LONG LIVE FELA PREACHING.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Bobbyaf(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2007
Well, I can understand the feeling. In fact the disciples felt the same way in their day. In their struggles and persecution they longed for Jesus to return. Paul had to encourage a lot of christians who simply grew weary. He reminded them that its worth the wait.

Be of good cheer!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2007
jagunlabi:

Zombie.

This is the best reply i've seen so far posted for this topic.

You all that are still waiting, you will wiat till eternity.

Instead you all should focus in doing what is right and obeying the will of the almighty father you busy waiting for a free ride to paradise, bunch of lazy believeres, well its not all your faults, it's the church's, instaed of them grooming strong and hardworking beleievers having being convicted of their belief, they groom bunch of lazy church attendees, and the main purpose of doing this is to increase the earthly power just like the pharisees and saducees. And you will start hearing: the largest congregation in africa, the largest auditorium in the world, the church has lost focus, and thats why judgement also will start from those places i mentioned.

Jesus, if he's to appear again here before men, do you think he will receive a better treatment? NO. he'll be treated just as he was some 2000 thousands years ago or even worse. He promised a comforter for so many years and even still now the comforter is still walking across the surface of the earth but most men done recognize him. And it's until his message reaches the far end of the globe i.e till everyone come across it during their earthlife which it's a must, but its now left for the individual to now believe till the end of the world will come.

Just as the Jews are still expecting the messiah which has already walked the surface of the earth some 2000yrs back, so also are the Xtians waiting either for the comeback of Jesus Xrist or the promised Comfoter, cos the comforter has come and gone but his work lives on for eternity.

He that hath ears let him hear
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: by Busta(f): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2007
as soon as this may sound,
it is soooo funny! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeemed Pastor Adeboye In Alleged 20bn Fraud! / SEE What This Pastor Is Doing to Pregnant Women Inside Church / 39 Found Dead In A Church In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.