Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why I Reverted/converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I Reverted/converted To Islam (1120 Views)

18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / PRAY FOR ME | Pastor's Daughter Who Converted (reverted) To Islam. / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by tbaba1234: 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by unphilaz(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
oh she happy now i guess
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
Thats tragic!!!
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2012
@Unphilaz: Yea. She seems happy. She is wearing Hijab which is a huge step to announce to the world that she is not sad and definitely not hiding Islam.
@Hardunnii: Whats scary about what she said? She finally got it after leaving Jamaica. You need to leave Bodija. May just get it.
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
I used to be a muslim, but have seen the light, there is no going back...

1 Like

Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
@Hardunni1: Your Islam was based on being born into it. Thats a big misconception, thinking that makes you a muslim. It doesn't. But allows you to understand something about Islam, before you actually enter it, independently.
I doubt if you knew anything about Islam, before and the reason you left it, sometimes before you are matured enough to make independent decision this way or that.
Everything is relative, and poverty and the allure of full stomach on the other side away from Islam have made a whole lot of ignorant born into Islam Yorubas leave it into nothingness, or another religion that will not bring everlasting success.
As we are sure that we shall all die, it is in the same way that I am sure that we will be recreated by the One Who created us in the beginning. The recreation will not be in jest, just like the initial creation was not in shear amusement. Each has its purpose.
I didn't truly become a muslim until I was in my 40s. Of course in all the decades before it, I had prayed, fasted, etc and thought I was a muslim, since I didn't try any other religion before.
My entering Islam with all my heart, conscious of what I was doing actually brought complete peace and fulfillment of knowing my place and my part of being here, as a human being.

You need to recalibrate your position and know that you are getting older. Worse you do not know when the last breathe will be. That should concern each one of us because we do not know what our Creator will do to us based on our deeds. And if you do not believe that He exists or make Him to be what He is not, what do you think the end will be?

1 Like

Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
Mr, i have read nottin but jagons, my dad used to be an alfa n my mum's dad was even an imam, but when d time came, even they cudnt resist d light, jesus is the only way, i hope he ministers to you, goodluck
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^ Did they consider carefully to worship the One Jesus worshiped in his night prayer at Gethsemane? How does anyone; former "Alfa and Imam" and others now worship Jesus who himself was a worshiper? I find Jesus blameless in what people do here, even as they take him to be their God!
Ibadan has lost the "Islamic city" name, since I am meeting more and more Ibadan people leaving Islam for christianity and even making profitable business out of the who thing.

Alas. Thank God. There are quite a few Ibadan blood who hold tightly to Islam, regardless of the allure of being able to have more than 1 meal of "Amala" daily.
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
Let me be gentle here:
@Hardunnii: Coud you tell us in your own words, why you converted to Christianity? Take a clue from the woman in the video to make your task easy. You can actually ask the former "Alfa and Imam" what made them became Christians. That's easy and you don't have to give us a page long but the meat of the conversation. Per chance, we may respond to it or if convincing enough, we can come to it since you will support your presentation with facts of how Jesus was God, worthy of all our worship. Just maybe you will give us verses from the Bible to support your reasoning? Perhaps who didn't see Lagosshia's thread asking Christians to provide Bible verses of Jesus saying he is God Almighty and saying that worship belongs to him? This is your chance on this thread to finally convert us.

1 Like

Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
You can continue to live in denial, i can only pray God touches your life b4 its too late. God is rily working in ibadan and we are havin testimonies of muslim converts evryday. Praise God!
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
@Hardunnii: Here is a statement of new Muslim, from a western country.
Dirk Walter Mosig,
U.S.A. After accepting Islam
Said: "I have read the Sacred Scriptures of every religion; nowhere have I found what I encountered in Islam: perfection.

The Holy Qur'an, compared to any other scripture I have read, is like the Sun compared to that of a match. I firmly believe that anybody who reads the Word of Allah with a mind that is not completely closed to Truth, will become a Muslim.

Ah. In the USA that all persons in the world presently will love to live in, including those in Bodija, Ibadan, we have a person with the bold coming from his mouth. Similar statements, including confessing that the hearts are at peace have been made by new reverts.

I asked you, woman to sell Christianity to us. The best you have done is prayer. Heck. You didn't pray like Jesus did and you want me to believe you that you are sincere, instead of confusion? If you can't encourage me to become christian, let me invite you to pray to God as prophet Jesus did; wash up, clear your mind and prepare with determination to sincerely worship God.Then prostrate yourself in your own Gethsemane. Do it 5 times daily. A year from now, you will be able to see that HARDUNNII is actually Adunni.
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2012
I dont need to sell nottin to you, you alrea￱dy heard the truth, its left for you to take it or not n i cud care less if an americn turns muslim, i dont luk up to them, testify!
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Abujabir24: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hardunnii: I used to be a muslim, but have seen the light, there is no going back...
sister i really fear for you an affliction. if actually you know Allah's punishment in the hereafter for those who denounce islaam. for what possible reason would you leave Alla's religion for anoda one? i mean the Quran is the final revelation that even talked about everything in this world. i bet you were ignorant of islaam wen u claimed u were a muslim. its not too late
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^^ heaven forbids bad thing, the gospel of jesus christ is about peace n love unlike your voilent mohamed, so i rather follow peace and love. Simply put
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2012
Adunni does not look up to americans. but she of course spelled her name hardunnii, where r came to this name, beats her and all of us. unless she is of course wants the simple yoruba name to sound english? but even england and almost all english persons are intoxicated by yankee. Adunni, my dear, honesty is the best policy, testify [i just borrowed your lingo; testify].

America is the heart beat of christendom, today.

@Hardunnii; You forgot that Jesus preached not peace but war. Not love to hate for disbelief, disdain for ruler. Ironically, the meek Jesus is gonna come back and kill Jews, if not all those who do not buy take him as New Testament presents him. You need to take a good account of your position.
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Hardunnii(f): 7:44am On Mar 20, 2012
I dnt need to justify why i wrote my name like that, u can believe whatever idea you insinuated, but i advice you to stop this blasphemy. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2012
^^What blasphemy? Who is the blasphemer?
Me who said Jesus worshiped by praying to his Lord God Who sent him a messenger [as] with a message for the last time to the children of Israel when he put his face on the ground, begging, crying, weeping with blood like tears?

You who said Jesus is God?

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Maybe you need to study the bibles, for the first time and see what Jesus did. Not so much others said he did while they conveniently forget that he said "of my own power, I can do nothing. . .".
Re: Why I Reverted/converted To Islam by Sweetnecta: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
I think Hardunnii has a feat seeing people from predominantly christian stronghold becoming muslims. May God Who sent prophet Jesus to the children of Israel, as one of the many messengers and prophets to them cure her of this condition. Amin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ex-Christian: 'Why I Became Shia Muslim'; Inspirational Stories / Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah / Youthful Marriage: Impractical Ideal Or Viable Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.