Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Husbands Appearance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husbands Appearance (3219 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husbands Appearance by MLS12(f): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
Good day nairalanders.I ve. Dis issue dat am not proud off.I got married early last year.B4 I got married while I was dating my hubby he promised to change a lot of tins especially his dressing.he dresses so shaby and untidy.he can wear just 1 tshirt for days.so Igot sum good cloths 4him den we were dating and he was alwyas hapi wearin dem.buh after we got married he has been provin so stubborn.he does not even want to hear d cloths issue.he even warned me to leave his appearance alone.am not proud of him @ all especially wen we go out because of d way he dresses.he looks like a mechanic or a driver.am not even proud showin him 2 my friends.pls hw do I change dat aspect of him because he is a very loving husband.he is my best friend.I love him a lot too dats y I want him 2 change.

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Appearance by ronkebp(f): 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2012
You have to accept him for who he is, there is a difference between a complain and nagging, immediately you told him about it the first time, he already heard you, so repeating it again and again, will just cause another tension in the marraige, give him time, he will come of and start taking his appearances into consideration, introduce him to your friends and family the way he is, he is your husband and you knew how he was before you decided to say '' i do'', and don't try to impose ''what you think'' is right on him. Let him be free! smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Appearance by chiteny(m): 2:31am On Mar 18, 2012
learn to bite your tongue and stop making an issue out of it. He is most probably deliberatly doing it just to prove a point + ego so just pretend that it doesnt bother you by ignoring him but subtly taking action.

Take control of his wardrobe. Throw out or give away the "tired" looking clothes.
I throw my husbands tired clothes away and I will even be helping him look for them so much easier that way than to fight over something not even worth fighting for.

If you dont have a washing machine always have a bucket of sopay water in your bathroom and when he comes back from work just immerse the dirty clothes into the water. Next morning he will have no choice but to wear something else. Or you can hide the dirty clothes until you can give them to a washerman to wash/dryclean.

Try and lay out clothes for him that he will wear the next day and take charge of making/buying his cloths. Just say something like someone brought things to your office to sell and you decided to buy him a few shirts cos you know he will look good in them.

When he does look good compliment him rather than nag him when he looks rough. He sounds like another big baby, that God has blessed us with and so has to be treated like one

I note you say that he is good in other areas so please try and play down the areas that he is not so good in. I wish we all could find perfect husbands but sadly there arent any & we make the best out of the ones that we have.

Good Advice there but OP don't let him catch you doing the bolded section. Things might just get rough after then.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by MLS12(f): 3:32am On Mar 18, 2012
@ ronkebp.yeah I might him dat way,buh wen I told him I didn't like d way he looked,he told me to assist in his looksof which I started doing.buh afta our wedding he just got tired of my assisting him.@ chaircover Tanks.dat way might really work
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Ivynwa(f): 4:45am On Mar 18, 2012
chaircover: --------

If you dont have a washing machine always have a bucket of sopay water in your bathroom and when he comes back from work just immerse the dirty clothes into the water. Next morning he will have no choice but to wear something else. Or you can hide the dirty clothes until you can give them to a washerman to wash/dryclean.

Try and lay out clothes for him that he will wear the next day and take charge of making/buying his cloths. Just say something like someone brought things to your office to sell and you decided to buy him a few shirts cos you know he will look good in them.

When he does look good compliment him rather than nag him when he looks rough. He sounds like another big baby, that God has blessed us with and so has to be treated like one sad

I note you say that he is good in other areas so please try and play down the areas that he is not so good in. I wish we all could find perfect husbands but sadly there arent any & we make the best out of the ones that we have cool grin
Haha
Sweet!

If he must wear his t-shirts for days, try washing them for him. If it's able to dry the next day and he still wants to wear it---it will be looking/smelling clean. If it does not dry he will have no other alternative than to find another shirt, just make sure that the wetness of such shirts when he wants to wear them doesn't irritate him. If you have a dryer, that will help better.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2012
u ought to have knwn dt u cant change anyone, wht u c in courtship is basically wht u get in marriage. howeva, do not allow dis be an issue in ur marriage, stop nagging him abt it, instead politely & lovingly discuss it wt him in his lighter mood. u affirmed dt u ve a loving hubby who is ur best friend, make d most of dt. many wives who have well dressed hubbys may not be blessed with love and friendship in their marriages. make ur marriage work sis! all da best!!
Re: My Husbands Appearance by WHAT3: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2012
[quote author=chaircover]learn to bite your tongue and stop making an issue out of it. He is most probably deliberatly doing it just to prove a point + ego so just pretend that it doesnt bother you by ignoring him but subtly taking action.

Take control of his wardrobe. Throw out or give away the "tired" looking clothes.
I throw my husbands tired clothes away and I will even be helping him look for them embarassed grin so much easier that way than to fight over something not even worth fighting for.

When he does look good compliment him rather than nag him when he looks rough. He sounds like another big baby, that God has blessed us with and so has to be treated like one sad

I note you say that he is good in other areas so please try and play down the areas that he is not so good in. I wish we all could find perfect husbands but sadly there arent any & we make the best out of the ones that we have cool grin

#gbam!# i like your answer and that is what i did to my husband, until, he is now so conscious of his dressing.

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Appearance by member67023: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
MLS12: Good day nairalanders.I ve. Dis issue dat am not proud off.I got married early last year.B4 I got married while I was dating my hubby he promised to change a lot of tins especially his dressing.he dresses so shaby and untidy.he can wear just 1 tshirt for days.so Igot sum good cloths 4him den we were dating and he was alwyas hapi wearin dem.buh after we got married [b]he has been provin so stubborn.he does not even want to hear d cloths issue.he even warned me to leave his appearance alone.[/b]am not proud of him @ all especially wen we go out because of d way he dresses.he looks like a mechanic or a driver.am not even proud showin him 2 my friends.pls hw do I change dat aspect of him because [b]he is a very loving husband.[/b]he is my best friend.I love him a lot too dats y I want him 2 change.
The 2 bolded statements are somehow contradictory. He is stubborn and very loving?
Re: My Husbands Appearance by MLS12(f): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
Naked wire,do u read very well.stubborn towards d type of cloths I want him 2 wear.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Ivynwa(f): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
MLS12: Naked wire,do u read very well.stubborn towards d type of cloths I want him 2 wear.

You have to watch out dearie. There is a thin line between the "type of cloths you want him to wear" and "the type of cloth he likes to wear" so that you don't cross that line, get imposing on him and make him uncomfortable.
I agree that when you are going out or going to events and occasions that he should look clean and neat(and dress to suit the occasion or event)but if he prefers to dress casually because of the nature of his work then you should let him choose what makes him comfortable while working---for example if he is an Engineer that is more comfy working in his jeans and shirts, you can't be wanting him to suit up to work and stuff as he can't work comfy in a suit and tie wear.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 19, 2012
Hahaha ah CC, so your man sef open his eyes wide to look for his worn out clothes and you helping him to look for it even though you know it's in the bin? Lmao Funny how some of them prefer their old clothes to new ones embarassed oma se ooo. I swear I have seen friends husbands that really need a make over. Very good looking men o, I mean really hawt men that cannot be bothered with what they put on. If you take that hawt grin out of the equation you have my father who by the way has been married for almost 40 years and believe me when I tell you that all the clothes in his wardrobe was bought by his wife and children. The man just never goes out to buy a pair of Jean or shirt, never.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2012
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
from xperience such husbands really do nt change,they may go out of dia way atimes to really luk presentable in dia dressing on one or two occasion, bt most times they really want to be demselves and dress d way they desire and would neva want u nagging dem abt it. in my case i just let him b,i even decline going out wt him sometimes, jst2drv hmed m u got pretty gud advises here, esp dt of cc. trydem out and c hw it plays out. whteva u do, neva nag or complain. learn to accept ur hubby just d way he is!
Re: My Husbands Appearance by bintab(f): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2012
chaircover: learn to bite your tongue and stop making an issue out of it. He is most probably deliberatly doing it just to prove a point + ego so just pretend that it doesnt bother you by ignoring him but subtly taking action.

I throw my husbands tired clothes away and I will even be helping him look for them embarassed grin so much easier that way than to fight over something not even worth fighting for.

Girl, i feel you..same here,i'm an expert when it comes to dispose old stuff.. my hubby is part time hoader..lol.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by no1madman(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
y una no marry trendy bobo like me. . .. hahahahhaha!yeparipa!
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Youngpo413: 7:45am On Nov 07, 2014
chaircover:

are a marriage counsellor?
You are perfect with family issues...pls keep it up
God bless you.
Re: My Husbands Appearance by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
Youngpo413:

are a marriage counsellor?
You are perfect with family issues...pls keep it up
God bless you.

God bless you too bro

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Appearance by Kanwulia: 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Is he from "the wild, wild west of omo dorties"? grin
If yes. . . don't bother. They can NEVER change in AGBADA OR SUIT!!! JIGGA EFRY WHIA!!!cheesy
Juss dey phock am like datio!
Awon 'FUJI GARBAGE'!!! :Da

If he is comfortable in his own 'shabbiness'. . .leave him alone. YOU MARRIED HIM LIKE THAT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGrbos6YW_o

(1) (Reply)

Man Marries Three Wives Same Day In Church. / Nigeria's Most Popular Homosexual Bisi Alimi Is An AIDS Patient / Why Should I Not Have An Abortion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.