Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast (3209 Views)

Reasons Why the Southeast wants Niger delta to join Biafra at all cost / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Abagworo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
Contrary to a lot of negative reports that have overshadowed the reality on ground in Abia State, focus has been lost on the astonishing personalities that the stayed has produced.

The only Nigerian head of State of Igbo extraction General Aguiyi Ironsi and the former chief of General staff Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe hail from Abia but that is not all.There is a community known as Ovim that has produced more Generals than combination of other Southeastern States. The hometown of Ihejirika in Isuikwuato.

Some of the notable Military Generals and officers
of Isiukwuato origin include Senator Ike
Nwachukwu, Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, one time
Military Administrator of old Imo and Lagos states;
Navy Captain Christopher Osondu, former military
administrator of Cross Rivers State; the current
Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika,
among several other senior officers in the Army,
Navy and the Air Force.

Igbere Ebiri is the ONLY community in Nigeria
known to have produced three Governors in three
different states in the country. Late Commodore
Amadi Ikwechegh became the forerunner when in
1986 he was appointed the Governor of the old Imo
State during the era of IBB. He was in office till
1989. In 1998, as a demonstration of the believe in
the exceptional capabilities and Patriotism of
Igbere people, another great Son of Igbere Ebiri -
Wing Commander Emmanuel Ukaegbu was
appointed to take charge as the Governor of
Anambra State.

Others are Emeka Omeruah former Governor of Anambra and his brother Paul Omeruah former Governor of Kogi as well as Vice-Admiral Chijioke Kaja a former member of IBB's provisional ruling council.
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Nchara: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
Others are Emeka Omeruah former Governor of Anambra and his brother Paul Omeruah former Governor of Kogi as well as Vice-Admiral Chijioke Kaja a former member of IBB's provisional ruling council.

Thpse two are from Ikwuano LGA in Abia State. Just in case you do not know
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by MrGlobe(m): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2012
Since I know this is still about your stup!d comparison of Anambra to Abia, I will tell you that for whoever Abia has produced, Anambra has produced it X2 (dont bother replying am off)
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Abagworo(m): 12:34am On Mar 20, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Since I know this is still about your stup!d comparison of Anambra to Abia, I will tell you that for whoever Abia has produced, Anambra has produced it X2 (dont bother replying am off)

Ihe nke a obukwa gini? I'm not from Abia and I don't want to compare again as most people have wrong motives once comparison comes in. I've opened one on Ebonyi with 25 solid minerals, I wonder what you have to say about that.
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by RoadStar: 3:18am On Mar 20, 2012
The asserted is in fact very true.
Abia comes tops in the SE when it comes to Military personel.

What can I say, in the land of the blind, one eyed man is king.
I hope they can go on to become tops in Nigeria,
Like some states I know can boast of in various other fields. wink
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by mensdept: 3:24am On Mar 20, 2012
I guess some folks still have inferiority complex. All those military men and nothing to show for it lol.

I guess some in Abia state are desperate to feel good about something, even as monkeys like Theo Orji continue to rape the state dry.

Too bad
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Yeske2(m): 5:21am On Mar 20, 2012
mens dept: I guess some folks still have inferiority complex. All those military men and nothing to show for it lol.

I guess some in Abia state are desperate to feel good about something, even as monkeys like Theo Orji continue to rape the state dry.

Too bad
You just said it all.
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by udochika(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2012
This Abagworo guy is nothing but a f00l. How dos this affect the price of pms and food in abia state? Orji is realy paying u well.
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2012
udochika: This Abagworo guy is nothing but a f00l. How dos this affect the price of pms and food in abia state? Orji is realy paying u well.

I can tell where you are from going by your hateful utterances borne out of jealousy. I did nothing wrong by writing the truth about Abia's military achievements that stands it out among the Southeastern States. I am neither Orji's supporter nor am I from Abia.
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by Ejine(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for the lesson smiley
Re: Abia State : The Military Haven Of The Southeast by pazienza(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
Thanks 4 the information.

(1) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Going For Confirmation Hearing (pictures) / Femi Aribisala: Is Goodluck Jonathan Really Clueless? / Flying Cars Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.