Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? (4526 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Ilekokonit: 5:22am On Mar 24, 2012
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by vedaxcool(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
Can someone ask mazaje what was he really debating on if he believed the question was irrational? Why answer it? Or is this another example of famed ur display of ignorance and illogical clinging to illiterate behavior. Nonsense? Possibly but the implication is that u and ur herd of atheist who tried answering the question are even more nonsensical than the question or could I be wrong? Coz the story of the village idiot comes to mind only a bigger idiot gets kidnapped by the village idiot! The more troubling aspect of your last response is that you have technically signed that atheism has made no contribution to humanity as according to u: atheism is nothing. grin
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Kay17: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ok. . . Since atheism is the barest statement of disagreeing to the foundations of religious claims, it does say much other than no gods. Therefore, Atheism is solely a metaphysical conclusion, and has no ethical bearing.

Let's talk about philosophies that build on that metaphysical statement, for example humanism, secularism, existentialism, science. All that that fill atheists. I mentioned Science since it has a foundational assumption that a Cause is only natural.

@OP now we have some tangible to talk about.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by dalaman: 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2012
What has lack of belief in Allah or Zeus contributed to humanity? Is that really what the OP is asking? What has lack of belief in fairies and ghost contributed to humanity? Even as a theist I believe this question is wrong.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by TheBigUrban2: 12:08am On Sep 01, 2014
maclatunji:

You are deluding yourself, do animals fight or not? Is religion responsible for that? The case of an atheist is like one who decides not to eat because he is afraid of choking, he is certain to die of hunger.

maclatunji:

That is some fancy rubbish because atheism as a concept is not defined by itself. It exists by seeking to deny God and rubbishing religion. It does not have any concrete conceptual framework. Hence, your implying that atheism has reformed itself is laughable.

maclatunji:

Atheists go round in circles. In their attempts to deny God, they seek to create new concepts that cannot stand the test of holding the fabric of society together. There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on earth. You seriously think all of that happened by chance without direction and guidance?

Seun, you know what? Let us try an experiment: leave Nairaland as it is and don't touch it, let us see it revert to the old Nairaland or change to a video sharing website by itself.

Shebi, you are believer in evolution. Let Nairaland change itself, why are you working so hard to change it? Can't it evolve by itself?

Of course, you know it is not possible. Yet, you want to claim that the earth's minerals combined to form micro-organisms. #Wonderful

Wow.....Seun was on this thread.

....hehe....I see that Maclatunji has always been clueless on atheism. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exclusive Interview With Bishop David Oyedepo @ 60 / Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? / Did Humans Evolve From Apes Or Are Humans Apes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.