Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? (4528 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by DeepSight(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2012
Seun: As an atheist, I have contributed Nairaland to humanity, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Tai Solarin contributed Mayflower School which set many young children on the path to success.

Those are your contributions sir, and they have nothing to do with your athiesm. Neither did Tai Solarin building a school have anything to do with his atheism.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 10:50am On Mar 22, 2012
Deep Sight:

Those are your contributions sir, and they have nothing to do with your athiesm. Neither did Tai Solarin building a school have anything to do with his atheism.

That post was just something else #unbelieveablysimplistic
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2012
Alright! Let's say for the sake of argument that I agree with theists. God created heaven and earth and other things within and without. Who made God? Did he just come into being? 'cause if you reason that God made us, it also reasons to say that somebody made him. If we can't just pop into being, he also can't pop into being, 'cause according to theists, nothing is created from nothing.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2012
SimonAndal: Alright! Let's say for the sake of argument that I agree with theists. God created heaven and earth and other things within and without. Who made God? Did he just come into being? 'cause if you reason that God made us, it also reasons to say that somebody made him. If we can't just pop into being, he also can't pop into being, 'cause according to theists, nothing is created from nothing.

This sort of argument will lead you nowhere. You are nothing remember {grains of sand and stars)tongue but God owns everything. By his very nature, even the concept of beginning and end cannot exist without him. The fact that you are asking this question shows that you have no understanding of God; beginning, time, space, end are all created concepts, they just aren't here by themselves, God created them.

Your question smacks of arrogance, God has given us the ultimate test; shall we believe in him through his signs and messages or shall we demand to "see him",for him to "talk directly to us" ask for his beginning when he has none (beginning, is a concept derived from him!).

Many had asked the questions that you guys ask now in the past but their skepticism and disbelief did not serve them in anything than to misguide them. Today, they know the truth. Each individual has a responsibility upon himself, if you want to remain the skeptic with evidence of God slapping you from all angles (that is your business), ours is to give you adequate info. to guide you. If you fail to accept it, the consequence is yours. tongue

One more point, it is a fallacy to think that the human brain can process and understand all concepts. Can your eyes see in the infrared spectrum? Can you smell fear? We have limits, the moment we accept those limits is when we will truly begin to reach our true potential.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
You only have limits when you believe you have limits.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2012
SimonAndal: You only have limits when you believe you have limits.

I agree with you, that is why tomorrow I expect to see you fly like a bird to work. tongue
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

I agree with you, that is why tomorrow I expect to see you fly like a bird to work. tongue
Is that a limit or an impossibility?
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2012
If human dna can be successfuly spliced with avian dna, why not?
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

This sort of argument will lead you nowhere. You are nothing remember {grains of sand and stars)tongue but God owns everything. By his very nature, even the concept of beginning and end cannot exist without him. The fact that you are asking this question shows that you have no understanding of God; beginning, time, space, end are all created concepts, they just aren't here by themselves, God created them.

Typical question begging from the theist. . .God owns everything in reality or in your beliefs?. . .Pls show how, when and where God created everything. . You are the one making the claim so pls back it up with evidence for once. . .You ascribe everything thing to God as if it explains anything. .what is the difference between your God hypothesis that was made without evidence and the scientist hypothesis of abiogenesis, evolution and big b[i]a[/i]ng that are also made without evidence, you ridicule their own assertions on the grounds that they lack evidence when your own assertion completely lacks evidence as well. There is much more evidence to show that species evolve or the universe began to expand at a certain time as proposed by the ideas of evolution and big ba[i]n[/i]g ,than there is evidence to show that Allah created the universe. . .Allah created the universe is just a claim which is no better than saying the Pantheon of Hindu Gods created the universe. . .its only a claim. . .It has no evidence. . .

Your question smacks of arrogance, God has given us the ultimate test; shall we believe in him through his signs and messages or shall we demand to "see him",for him to "talk directly to us" ask for his beginning when he has none (beginning, is a concept derived from him!).

Sign, message? Where is the sign or signature of your God any where in the universe and where is his message?. . .If there is a God and he has a message for all of humanity why not send it at once to all of humanity?. . .Why not make a loud voice address the whole world in a language every body can hear and understand clearly and drop his message assuming the universe has only one creator? Why are people relying on medieval messages, thoughts, concepts, mythologies, superstitions and ideas that project various Gods? Why are the Hindu verders not the words or message of the creator(s) of the universe but the Koran? why do you accept the Koran and not the Hindu verders?. . .Is ts because you were born into a family that accepts the Koran and indoctrinated you with its stories, claims and dogma?. . .

Many had asked the questions that you guys ask now in the past but their skepticism and disbelief did not serve them in anything than to misguide them. Today, they know the truth. Each individual has a responsibility upon himself, if you want to remain the skeptic with evidence of God slapping you from all angles (that is your business), ours is to give you adequate info. to guide you. If you fail to accept it, the consequence is yours. tongue

You are jumping the gun my friend. . .You have not established that your version of God exist and you are talking of providing evidence. . .As I said earlier I can reason like you and also tell you that you are evidence that evolution is true. . .

One more point, it is a fallacy to think that the human brain can process and understand all concepts. Can your eyes see in the infrared spectrum? Can you smell fear? We have limits, the moment we accept those limits is when we will truly begin to reach our true potential.

Because we have limits that means everything should be ascribed to the God concept, eh?. . .When has the God concept ever answered anything?. . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mkmyers45(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
SimonAndal: If human dna can be successfuly spliced with avian dna, why not?

+1000

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2012
mazaje:

Typical question begging from the theist. . .God owns everything in reality or in your beliefs?. . .Pls show how, when and where God created everything. . You are the one making the claim so pls back it up with evidence for once. . .You ascribe everything thing to God as if it explains anything. .what is the difference between your God hypothesis that was made without evidence and the scientist hypothesis of abiogenesis, evolution and big b[i]a[/i]ng that are also made without evidence, you ridicule their own assertions on the grounds that they lack evidence when your own assertion completely lacks evidence as well. There is much more evidence to show that species evolve or the universe began to expand at a certain time as proposed by the ideas of evolution and big ba[i]n[/i]g ,than there is evidence to show that Allah created the universe. . .Allah created the universe is just a claim which is no better than saying the Pantheon of Hindu Gods created the universe. . .its only a claim. . .It has no evidence. . .

Sign, message? Where is the sign or signature of your God any where in the universe and where is his message?. . .If there is a God and he has a message for all of humanity why not send it at once to all of humanity?. . .Why not make a loud voice address the whole world in a language every body can hear and understand clearly and drop his message assuming the universe has only one creator? Why are people relying on medieval messages, thoughts, concepts, mythologies, superstitions and ideas that project various Gods? Why are the Hindu verders not the words or message of the creator(s) of the universe but the Koran? why do you accept the Koran and not the Hindu verders?. . .Is ts because you were born into a family that accepts the Koran and indoctrinated you with its stories, claims and dogma?. . .

You are jumping the gun my friend. . .You have not established that your version of God exist and you are talking of providing evidence. . .As I said earlier I can reason like you and also tell you that you are evidence that evolution is true. . .

Because we have limits that means everything should be ascribed to the God concept, eh?. . .When has the God concept ever answered anything?. . .

Yawns, long thing you are on.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2012
SimonAndal: If human dna can be successfuly spliced with avian dna, why not?

#Whatifer tongue
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
mkmyers45:

+1000

Follow-follow.

Some people have been watching too many cartoons. Let me know when you turn to Hulk tongue
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mkmyers45(m): 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Follow-follow.

Some people have been watching too many cartoons. Let me know when you turn to Hulk tongue

****Stalker****
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Kay17: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
LOL! Since the word "atheist" is causing lots of trouble, let's break it down to see what an atheist is all about. An atheist is one without a faith ( a monopolistic tool of religion), without a religion and its resulting dogma. He could be focussed on a finding a morality which is based on reason, rather a deity's wishes. He is likelier to think of solutions for his problems, rather than pray.

Such a man would rely and have full confidence in his strength, his goals would be towards the perfection of humanity. He would indulge himself in man made sciences and the full exploitation of technology.

OR he would be a nihilist. . .

@Mactunji

God creating from nothing is a contradiction and a logicial impossibility. The concept of property is human. So be careful with its use.

Also, from general religious views; God is said to be life, he can think, communicate and of course conscious. The question of the Origin of Life still stands.

If God is more complex than a simple cell; who badly needs to be created?
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Yawns, long thing you are on.

At least I have shown you that everything is not black or white as religion will love to have you believe, it is not always God or nothing. . .You claim God but can not provide any evidence to back up the God hypothesis. . . I am not claiming anything, I disbelieve in the God hypothesis based on lack of any evidence, you are the one making the claim,so its up to you to provide evidence or just accept that your belief are not better than that of the scientist you try to ridicule. at least we have used some of the scientific beliefs (in evolution) to solve some of our problems(cure for diseases). . .We are yet to use your God did it hypothesis that lacks any evidence to do anything useful for humanity. . .It is not always God or nothing as religion always puts it. . .I do not know and I am not sure is an alternative. . . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
mazaje:

At least I have shown you that everything is not black or white as religion will love to have you believe, it is not always God or nothing. . .You claim God but can not provide any evidence to back up the God hypothesis. . . I am not claiming anything, I disbelieve in the God hypothesis based on lack of any evidence, you are the one making the claim,so its up to you to provide evidence or just accept that your belief are not better than that of the scientist you try to ridicule. at least we have used some of the scientific beliefs (in evolution) to solve some of our problems(cure for diseases). . .We are yet to use your God did it hypothesis that lacks any evidence to do anything useful for humanity. . .It is not always God or nothing as religion always puts it. . .I do not know and I am not sure is an alternative. . . .

For your mind, you think say you dey make sense. Keep deluding yourself, you case is worse than that of the Ostrich that buries its head when in danger whilst leaving its bulky frame exposed to danger. You are desperately trying to base your life on the negative. It won't work, you know you call out to God all the time so spare us the act. Find something else to form cool with not atheism.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2012
Kay 17: LOL! Since the word "atheist" is causing lots of trouble, let's break it down to see what an atheist is all about. An atheist is one without a faith ( a monopolistic tool of religion), without a religion and its resulting dogma. He could be focussed on a finding a morality which is based on reason, rather a deity's wishes. He is likelier to think of solutions for his problems, rather than pray.

Such a man would rely and have full confidence in his strength, his goals would be towards the perfection of humanity. He would indulge himself in man made sciences and the full exploitation of technology.

OR he would be a nihilist. . .

@Mactunji

God creating from nothing is a contradiction and a logicial impossibility. The concept of property is human. So be careful with its use.

Also, from general religious views; God is said to be life, he can think, communicate and of course conscious. The question of the Origin of Life still stands.

If God is more complex than a simple cell; who badly needs to be created?

God created nothing, go and digest that. You still don't get it anything you say, think-of is a concept and it comes from God. If God did not create nothing you wouldn't know what it is. tongue

I know it is some heavy stuff but try and digest it. Even your teachers' (of atheism) heads put together no dey dere. tongue
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

For your mind, you think say you dey make sense. Keep deluding yourself, you case is worse than that of the Ostrich that buries its head when in danger whilst leaving its bulky frame exposed to danger. You are desperately trying to base your life on the negative. It won't work, you know you call out to God all the time so spare us the act. Find something else to form cool with not atheism.

Base my life on the negative?. . .You know exactly what am talking about, you can not just be making claims without any evidence and expect to get away with it. . .You dismiss the claims of the scientist and put forth your own ridiculous claims that are not better than theirs. . .Why is it wrong to believe that there are many creators of the universe as Hindus and other religions do? Where is your own evidence to show that the universe was created by a single entity? others have said it was created by many entities, why are they wrong? Why should any body believe you and your claims? where are your evidence to show that the universe was created and is maintained by a single entity and not many entities as told by many others. . .Why should any body believe your claims that have no evidence?. . .You are telling us that God is this, God is that, bla bla bla. . .Why are those that believe in many Gods wrong?. . .The scientist that believes in abiogenesis and evolution is wrong, how?. . .A single entity created the universe and he told you how, when, why and where he did it in a plagiarized book of ancient arabain mythology that was written by prehistoric arabian men?. . .You must be kidding. . .It is NOT always God or nothing as you are made to believe. . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by maclatunji: 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
mazaje:

Base my life on the negative?. . .You know exactly what am talking about, you can not just be making claims without any evidence and expect to get away with it. . .You dismiss the claims of the scientist and put forth your own ridiculous claims that are not better than theirs. . .Why is it wrong to believe that there are many creators of the universe as Hindus and other religions do? Where is your own evidence to show that the universe was created by a single entity? others have said it was created by many entities, why are they wrong? Why should any body believe you and your claims? where are your evidence to show that the universe was created and is maintained by a single entity and not many entities as told by many others. . .Why should any body believe your claims that have no evidence?. . .You are telling us that God is this, God is that, bla bla bla. . .Why are those that believe in many Gods wrong?. . .The scientist that believes in abiogenesis and evolution is wrong, how?. . .A single entity created the universe and he told you how, when, why and where he did it in a plagiarized book of ancient arabain mythology that was written by prehistoric arabian men?. . .You must be kidding. . .It is NOT always God or nothing as you are made to believe. . .

You are the most confused of the lot I think.

1. Are you saying you believe in several gods?

2. Are you saying you don't believe in God because some other people say there are many gods?

3. Are you saying you don't believe in the Creator/Higher Being/God at all irrespective of what anybody else says?

4. Are you saying you believe in God but don't want to associate with any religion because different religions have conflicting teachings about God and how he relates with us?

When you have cleared your confusion by choosing one of the options, let us know.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

You are the most confused of the lot I think.

That's your opinion. . .

1. Are you saying you believe in several gods?

You claim that there is only one God or a single creator of the universe, others have also claimed that there are many Gods or creators of the universe. . .The key word here is CLAIM. . .Your evidence(since you are the one making the claim) to show that the universe is the handy work of a single entity is WHAT?. . .I just want you to provide evidence that establish your claims are true that's all. . . .There are competing claims, i just want to know which is real and which is not, the universe was created by only one entity and not many entities because of(insert evidence here). . .

2. Are you saying you don't believe in God because some other people say there are many gods?

Am saying that you claim that there is only one God, your evidence to show that there is only one God and not many Gods as proposed by others is what?. . .I just want you to substantiate your claims and provide evidence for them, simple. . .

3. Are you saying you don't believe in the Creator/Higher Being/God at all irrespective of what anybody else says?

I have gone past the level of relying or accepting what people say. Any body that makes such a claim should back it up with concrete evidence, extra ordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. . .Let me give you an example, we are told by some religions(yours inclusive) that we descended from one man and one woman, if that is claim is true, then there should be DNA evidence to back that assertion up, we can trace it and see how true the claim is. . .So far there is no evidence to back up that claim even though we have the ability to know that through DNA. . .If you make claims such as these then its up to you to provide evidence. . .If scientist can provide evidence for their claims, then why are the religionist and theist still telling us stories?. . . Why does their evidence lie only in he said she said talks and counter talks?. . .I don't believe in God irrespective of stories and statements. . .I will believe when you provide evidence, its that simple. . .

4. Are you saying you believe in God but don't want to associate with any religion because different religions have conflicting teachings about God and how he relates with us?

No, am saying that all religions and their claims are equally valid or invalid, since all the claims begin and end in stories, narratives and ideas that lack evidence to back them up. . .

When you have cleared your confusion by choosing one of the options, let us know.

I hope i have cleared my "confusion". . . .Now over to you, some people claim that the universe was created by many entities, you claim it is created by a single entity, your evidence to prove them wrong and prove that your claim is right is WHAT?. . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by harakiri(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
@Dekung

@Mclatunji, I really apreciate your efforts in trying to put these atheists in their place. They know nothing yet they claim they know all. Pls I just want to make a few clarifications on what things you posted.

Er, What do you mean by "putting Atheists" in their place? Where are you placed apart from being a brainwashed religious vegetable who can't see beyond his nose? YES! We know nothing and yet, we aren't the dummies who believe mankind was created from sand. We aren't the e-diots who believe donkeys actually talk all because a book said so. We aren't the reetards who believe virgins are capable of getting pregnant without $exual intercourse. We aren't dumb a$$ sheeple who believe a human being can live in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS without food,water or oxygen. . . and yet still come out alive. You and your folks on the other hand believe all these fables because your enslaved forefathers were brainwashed with this imported religion and the only reason you are religious today is because of what you were spoon fed with from childhood. Give us a break with the nonsense gibberish abeg.You don't even know $hit about the so called "God" you worship.

1) Athiest and Evolution. You claimed there are two schools of thought as to the existence of the universe i.e creation and evolution. The theory of evolution was postulated just about 150-200 years ago yet before then there had always been people who do not believe in God and all other attachments to God. I know this because somewhere in the book of proverbs which was written at least 2,500 years say somewhere that 'the fool says in heart that there is no God' meaning atheist have always been existing thousands of years before the postulation of evolution.

How many times must it be explained (and "re-explained" ) on this forum that NOT EVERY ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC believes in the theory of evolution? I am not an evolutionist but i dare say that the theories make a whole lot more sense that some goat herder fable that illustrates mankind as being created when some supreme deity got bored and decided to blow air into sand (GIVE US A BREAK WITH THE ENDLESS BULL$HIT ABEG! ! !). You quote "a fool says in his heart that there is no god" forgetting that the same bible damns you to hell for making such utterances. Can you see the crass hypocrisy and inconsistency of religion?

2) Evolution says we came from NOTHING. Pls what does creation says we were created from? Well I will talk from the biblical perspective cos that is the only religios book I am familiar with and this is what it says in Gen 1:1 in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth....., my question is what did God creat from? NOTHING. I dont know what your quran says but it cant be too far from the bible assertions. So if evo says we came from nothing and the religios books say we were created from nothing, does it not mean we came from the same source which is NOTHING. Evo has just removed the God concept from the equation but the original source still remains NOTHING

Once again, Atheism and Evolution are two completely different things. You are desperately grasping at straws and it's painfully obvious that you have little or no idea of what you're talking about.

3) You said Seun should leave Nairaland and see if it will evolve. The truth is Nairaland will definitely evolve into something but it may not conform to Seun's plan, hence the need to always keep personal watch over it. NL is Seun's creation and he must always moderate to ensure it complies with his original intent.

***Am i the only one who can't comprehend the dumbness of this guy's post or is it just me?***
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by wirinet(m): 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
This thread was posted with malice, intolerance and impatience by the poster. Various atheist have come out to highlight what different atheists have contribute to humanity including nairaland's creator, but the antagonists are still not satisfied, they still harp on "what has atheism contributed to mankind".

Even though people have explained that atheism is not an organization or a formal formal gatherings, but a term to any body who is an unbeliever/disbeliever in god/gods.

Ok what do you expect atheism to contribute since you rejects the contributions of individual atheists. Maybe you should help set up world atheist organization and give them some contribution goals. Then maybe then you theists would be happy.

Whether you like it of not atheist will exist and in fact it is growing, it will take time but people would slowly start waking up from centuries of mental and psychological conquest and slavery.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by dekung(m): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2012
harakiri: @Dekung

Er, What do you mean by "putting Atheists" in their place? Where are you placed apart from being a brainwashed religious vegetable who can't see beyond his nose? YES! We know nothing and yet, we aren't the dummies who believe mankind was created from sand. We aren't the e-diots who believe donkeys actually talk all because a book said so. We aren't the reetards who believe virgins are capable of getting pregnant without $exual intercourse. We aren't dumb a$$ sheeple who believe a human being can live in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS without food,water or oxygen. . . and yet still come out alive. You and your folks on the other hand believe all these fables because your enslaved forefathers were brainwashed with this imported religion and the only reason you are religious today is because of what you were spoon fed with from childhood. Give us a break with the nonsense gibberish abeg.You don't even know $hit about the so called "God" you worship.

How many times must it be explained (and "re-explained" ) on this forum that NOT EVERY ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC believes in the theory of evolution? I am not an evolutionist but i dare say that the theories make a whole lot more sense that some goat herder fable that illustrates mankind as being created when some supreme deity got bored and decided to blow air into sand (GIVE US A BREAK WITH THE ENDLESS BULL$HIT ABEG! ! !). You quote "a fool says in his heart that there is no god" forgetting that the same bible damns you to hell for making such utterances. Can you see the crass hypocrisy and inconsistency of religion?

Once again, Atheism and Evolution are two completely different things. You are desperately grasping at straws and it's painfully obvious that you have little or no idea of what you're talking about.

***Am i the only one who can't comprehend the dumbness of this guy's post or is it just me?***
Bros, the opening paragraph was just meant to get mclatunji's attention not praise, I just wanted to massage his ego. I also know that atheism/agnostism has nothing to do with evolution and that was what i was trying tompoint out to the guy where I said there had always been ateist before the postulation of the evo theory just some 200 yrs ago. So bros sheath your sword, am an agnost
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by vedaxcool(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
It remains baffling that the simple question posed have gone unanswered or untenable answers have been proffered. Like I expected the atheist were hardly going to provide any tangible answer to the simple question what has atheism contributed to humanity? It queries common sense that the atheists with their false sense of over hyped rationality were replying a question back with a question, they began begging that the question should have read what has religion contributed to humanity, one typical with a swag that bretrays his ignorance began saying oh it does make sense asking the question by the conventional definition of atheism, he reminded me of when the simple question was posed to our ever "rational" atheist on between agnosticism and atheism which was more rational, again rather than answer the question the whole of atheism quivered with fear we assiciate with rats running from its mortal enemy the cat grin mr coventional definition on answer was to conceptualize agnostism, this sort of behavior is only common with men that should be labeled ignorant.

Back to the issue at hand, u see it remains a disater of calamic proportions that atheism has no attributed benefit that its proponents can claim imagine that cow dung has benefit to humanity yet atheism can not even boast of a cow dung benefit to mankind. This is the simple implication of their compound failure as we know atheist are known to commit suicide after not finding peace yet we see studies after studies have shown that people who believe in the existence of the most mighty and glorious power, creator of the earth and the heavens experience peace of mind and are more able to cope with difficuly situations than those whose existence have been stripped of every logical justification. The response so far only goes to give credence to the profound skepticism people have generally when atheist pass themselves as being ration.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by Seun(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
I answered the question concisely and so did many others.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mkmyers45(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
^^^^^ the Op is clearly dillusioned. Upon all his religiousness i'm sure that he can't show that he or his organized sham called religion has contributed anything to humanity especially choas,woe and pain.
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by wirinet(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
Oga Seun, don't mind vedaxcool, he is very angry and bitter that people are free from his dogma, they are free from his control and that of his church or pastor.

I can tell you the greatest contribution atheism has done for mankind, and that is giving humanity FREEDOM, freedom from tyrannical Gods, tyrannical, oppressive and exploitative social system and tyrannical priests, that prey on the ignorance, insecurity and fears of the masses. Atheisms is slowly freeing people from these ignorance and fears and replacing it with unselfish love and respect for every person, living thing and the planet as a whole.

as a final passing shot, predominantly atheist societies are far more peaceful and genuinely happy than Christian or Islamic societies where hypocrisy, social upheavals and denominational conflicts are the order of the day.

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
vedaxcool: It remains baffling that the simple question posed have gone unanswered or untenable answers have been proffered. Like I expected the atheist were hardly going to provide any tangible answer to the simple question what has atheism contributed to humanity? It queries common sense that the atheists with their false sense of over hyped rationality were replying a question back with a question, they began begging that the question should have read what has religion contributed to humanity, one typical with a swag that bretrays his ignorance began saying oh it does make sense asking the question by the conventional definition of atheism, he reminded me of when the simple question was posed to our ever "rational" atheist on between agnosticism and atheism which was more rational, again rather than answer the question the whole of atheism quivered with fear we assiciate with rats running from its mortal enemy the cat grin mr coventional definition on answer was to conceptualize agnostism, this sort of behavior is only common with men that should be labeled ignorant.

I have told you that atheism has freed people from baseless fear or dogma and religious superstition on a personal level since it is not a culture, you don't get to hear people talking about and believing in magic in atheistic societies, demons, witches, wizards and other superstitions beliefs that make people think like pre historic people have been wiped off by atheism. . . .skepticism, doubt and unbelief is what is fueling modern science today, rather than waste your time praying for cure, you do rigorous research to cure it. . .

Back to the issue at hand, u see it remains a disater of calamic proportions that atheism has no attributed benefit that its proponents can claim imagine that cow dung has benefit to humanity yet atheism can not even boast of a cow dung benefit to mankind.

Unbelief, doubt and skepticism that is devoid of religious indoctrination, superstition and dogma is the back bone of modern science today. . . .

This is the simple implication of their compound failure as we know atheist are known to commit suicide after not finding peace yet we see studies after studies have shown that people who believe in the existence of the most mighty and glorious power, creator of the earth and the heavens experience peace of mind and are more able to cope with difficuly situations than those whose existence have been stripped of every logical justification.

False and a very big lie. . .A research was conducted by forbes magazine on countries where people feel they are most happy, satisfied and fulfilled with their lives and the top five countries for the past 5 years have been countries where majority of the population are atheist. . .Here is the link http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/14/world-happiest-countries-lifestyle-realestate-gallup-table.html . . . . Religious people experience peace of mind, really?. . .Pakistan, Iran, Yemen, Syria, Egypt, Afghanistan etc all have peace of mind more that the people living in majority atheist countries like Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Czech republic?. . . .

By the way, what could be more meaningless than the mythical heaven or afterlife believers strive towards? No future, because in eternity there can be no future and no past. no goal to strive towards, no purpose, no progress. . . .And the fact that they see the present life as only a stepping stone to that pointless afterlife robs this life of all meaning, too. It becomes something that has to be endured for the sake of the afterlife rather than something to be lived and enjoyed or suffered on its own terms, and for its own purposes. What could be more meaningless than the religious postulation that this life is just a way to get to the after life which is the main target?

The response so far only goes to give credence to the profound skepticism people have generally when atheist pass themselves as being ration.

If I ask you to mention what ISLAM SPECIFICALLY has contributed to humanity you WILL NOT be able to mention anything. . . I DARE you mention what ISLAM SPECIFICALLY has contributed to mankind. . .Go ahead lets see. . .

2 Likes

Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by vedaxcool(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2012
^
The irrational thirst to divert attention from the purpose of the thread re-state my earlier position, that atheism has made no contribution to humanity, that people like urself want to simply pass as rational thinking without reading any one would take u serious mr. I have a million dollars in my account grin gringrin u crack me up, this boy no go kill me, on a more serious note, the restating of your perious points that have been refuted for their lies and historic inaccuracies is to achieve what particularly? Or do u rational believe that the more u restate ur previous point the more likely it will be accepted? Come to think of it are u now fraudulently trying to attribute science as a product of atheism? Or the usual word games to play to decieve yourself? Mr. Man act rational for once, the only reason I did not call u insane is because u have not attributed religion to being a product of atheism and from the way u are going this might be ur next big point. grin again on your forbes research u simply showed what I mean when I say atheist like yourself try to simply pass urself as being rational rather than actually being it, where did report say the people were happy as result of atheism? Or as a result of not believing in God? And how does this compare to my post on research that shows people have more peace of mind and are able to cope in difficult times because they believe in a higher power? This ur behavior is no surprise to me remember I corrected ur ignorant laughter in a thread posted by thaba1234 on a debate between an atheist and muslim, rmember u simply laughted like a hyena without knowing what the utube video posted actually said? Get my drift, u do not surprise in your usual haste to attack religion while failing woefully to address this thread which has shown that COW DUNG has made more impact on humanity than the nothingness of atheism. U will do yourself a great deal of good if begin to ask your why are u really an atheist.

@Mr. I contributed nairaland, agreed that u did so but how does it concisely address the question asked? Even deepsight find the answer close to the word absurdistan.

The question remains a bewilderment for the atheist here to answer, I find very amusing that COW DUNG has changed lifes and humanity more than atheism has, the pathetic thing is that rather the atheist address the question they pose counter question, something that even idol worshippers would not do, I ask if I an atheist was to ask a christian show me trinity in the bible and rather than answer the question the Christian replies show me atheism in the bible, I ask those who still have a shred of pretense that they are rational to answer would the Christian action be considered sane or insane? If u want to discuss what religion have contributed or specifically what Islam has contributed why don't you go start a thread to answer that rather than slither around trying cunningly to derail the thread? Or am I addressing rational people . . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
The irrational thirst to divert attention from the purpose of the thread re-state my earlier position, that atheism has made no contribution to humanity, that people like urself want to simply pass as rational thinking without reading any one would take u serious mr. I have a million dollars in my account grin gringrin u crack me up, this boy no go kill me, on a more serious note, the restating of your perious points that have been refuted for their lies and historic inaccuracies is to achieve what particularly? Or do u rational believe that the more u restate ur previous point the more likely it will be accepted?

No body is diverting attention from anything. . .You don't know me, you also don't know who I am so your opinion of me is of no value to me as a person and you are completely entitled to you beliefs about me, it doesn't stop me from being who I am or having what I have. . .Two people here no me in real life they can testify to what I have and what I don't which is really of no importance to this topic by the way. . .I stated that concepts like separation of church and state and founded on unbelief and skepticism. . .The person that actually lied in this thread is YOU, you claimed that Jesus fought the religious leaders without trying to create a new system until i called you out on and and showed you that he did actually try to create a new system. . . .

Come to think of it are u now fraudulently trying to attribute science as a product of atheism? Or the usual word games to play to decieve yourself

No where did I say that. . .All I said was that modern science(the one practiced) today is fueled by lack of belief in religious superstition, indoctrination and dogma. . .The greatest, prolific and most prestigious group of scientist today like the NAS and scientist that work at CERN are mostly atheist about 95% of them are atheist. . . .Most of their research and invention is based on their atheistic ideas that man is here on his own and everything that man needs to do for himself must be done by man. . . .Their quest for knowledge of the natural origin of man against the religious origin has fueled research in evolution, cosmology etc

Mr. Man act rational for once, the only reason I did not call u insane is because u have not attributed religion to being a product of atheism and from the way u are going this might be ur next big point. ;

Let me humor you. . .There are some religions that are atheistic e.g Buddhism. . .So what are you talking about?

D again on your forbes research u simply showed what I mean when I say atheist like yourself try to simply pass urself as being rational rather than actually being it, where did report say the people were happy as result of atheism? Or as a result of not believing in God? And how does this compare to my post on research that shows people have more peace of mind and are able to cope in difficult times because they believe in a higher power

Didn't you just lie that atheist are known to commit suicide after not finding peace? Do religious people also not commit suicide for lack of peace? Where is your evidence that shows that atheist commit more suicide than religious people because they do not find peace? I gave the link to show that a research was conducted and the people that say they are at peace, satisfied and happy with their lives are to be found in countries where its the citizen are mostly atheist. . . .

This ur behavior is no surprise to me remember I corrected ur ignorant laughter in a thread posted by thaba1234 on a debate between an atheist and muslim, rmember u simply laughted like a hyena without knowing what the utube video posted actually said?

grin grin Let me laugh again. . .I don't know who is more stup[i]i[/i]d between you and the deluded muslim debater that started by lying that religion brought clothing to the Irish people, he also said that islam brought justice and peace to the world and to the europeans, that was what he said go and have a look at the video again. . .And you expect me to listen to such a deluded liar?. . . grin

Get my drift, u do not surprise in your usual haste to attack religion while failing woefully to address this thread which has shown that COW DUNG has made more impact on humanity than the nothingness of atheism. U will do yourself a great deal of good if begin to ask your why are u really an atheist.

Just the same way that pig sh[i]i[/i]t has done more to humanity than Islam. . . .

The question remains a bewilderment for the atheist here to answer, I find very amusing that COW DUNG has changed lifes and humanity more than atheism has,

Many people have tried to give you answers to your question. . .Atheism is simply a lack of belief, it is NOT a way of life, it is not a philosophy, it is based on the lack of acceptance of religious superstition, indoctrination and dogma, and those have contributed a lot to the advancement of the human race. . .Ideologies and philosophies like secular humanism have been formed based on its principles. . .

the pathetic thing is that rather the atheist address the question they pose counter question, something that even idol worshippers would not do, I ask if I an atheist was to ask a christian show me trinity in the bible and rather than answer the question the Christian replies show me atheism in the bible, I ask those who still have a shred of pretense that they are rational to answer would the Christian action be considered sane or insane? If u want to discuss what religion have contributed or specifically what Islam has contributed why don't you go start a thread to answer that rather than slither around trying cunningly to derail the thread? Or am I addressing rational people . . .

And your Allah is better than the Idols that other men worship, how?. . . . . .I will open another thread in other not to derail this one and I will like you to tell us what Islam has contributed to humanity. . .
Re: What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? by mazaje(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
wirinet: Oga Seun, don't mind vedaxcool, he is very angry and bitter that people are free from his dogma, they are free from his control and that of his church or pastor.

I can tell you the greatest contribution atheism has done for mankind, and that is giving humanity FREEDOM, freedom from tyrannical Gods, tyrannical, oppressive and exploitative social system and tyrannical priests, that prey on the ignorance, insecurity and fears of the masses. Atheisms is slowly freeing people from these ignorance and fears and replacing it with unselfish love and respect for every person, living thing and the planet as a whole.

as a final passing shot, predominantly atheist societies are far more peaceful and genuinely happy than Christian or Islamic societies where hypocrisy, social upheavals and denominational conflicts are the order of the day.

Our friend here claims he is rational but fails to see that he is asking an irrational question. . .Atheism is only a lack of belief in Gods, how that equates to a philosophical way of life is what I don't understand. . .His question is the same as saying, how has lack of belief in Jesus saved humanity. . .The person that says he does not believe in Jesus simply does not believe in Jesus, his lack of belief in Jesus does not equate to an alternative philosophy or culture. . .He just lacks belief in Jesus and that's all, so asking him how his lack of belief in Jesus has contributed to humanity is clearly a nonsense question. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds / Did Humans Evolve From Apes Or Are Humans Apes? / Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.