Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant (6704 Views)

Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / University Of Ibadan Teaching Hospital Begins Heart Surgery. / Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by hakunamatata1: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dr. Tee:
Ilorin makes a lot of noise. Same way their university VC made so much noise about a student completeing ICAN exams and attaining the chartered qualification before graduating!

So much noise from Kwara.

We maintain their renal patients here in Ife. I particularly had one. She had to travel several times because their Teaching Hospital did not offer the facility. Same for Plastic surgery. Those things are normal things here in Ife.

Can't imagine all the noise coming from the Saraki's state.
. I think d state likes remaining in public eye by making noises & celebrating prospective successes. Same way they shouted 4rm d roof that they found oil- now, they r quiet about dat!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by juman(m): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
Masha'Allah! Hope it work well.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by oladapoa1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
musiwa.:
The school.

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by primeson1(m): 12:55am On Mar 22, 2012
Dr. Tee:
Ilorin makes a lot of noise. Same way their university VC made so much noise about a student completeing ICAN exams and attaining the chartered qualification before graduating!

We maintain their renal patients here in Ife. I particularly had one. She had to travel several times because their Teaching Hospital did not offer the facility. Same for Plastic surgery. Those things are normal things here in Ife.

If you don't know something, pls keep shut. I am a chartered accountant and am in 400 level presently, so are three others in my class and so many in PE1 and PE2 and ATS. Always find out before you make some statements. Mtcheeeeew!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by musiwa46: 2:33am On Mar 22, 2012
Dr tee,
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Harzan(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nice One! May God Make it easy!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Harzan(m): 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2012
Dr. Tee:

Dr Tee! Do u know wats good for u? Take a cab from that Ur Ife straight to HELL FIRE!
**bad belle! Hembe Othe!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by DrTee1(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2012
There are a lot of noise makers in this place. Do I blame them, they are impulsive individuals. Take time to seat down, do other things and reason before posting replies. Okay!

We've now shifted from the main issue, haven't we? It is now a focus on UITH & OAUTHC abi? Rubbish. My post was to educate the many people who were reading about this facility in Nigeria for the first time. That's all. A lot of people might simply assume it is a first of its kind in Nigeria.

Please go back and read the initial replies to the news item. Why not be concerned about the very many Nigerians that despise the Nigerian Health system even on this thread! I think this are the real issues rather than an unnecessary comparison. People were making shallow comments about breast and pussies... The truth is that Teaching Hospitals don't do unecessary procedures.

I remember asking the 14 year old obese girl that way my patient back then why she didn't simply go to UITH rather than come to Ife, missing school and exposing herself to the death traps that our roads were in the process. I was shocked and pained to know that she was referred here from there because they do not offer such facilities there. To see a little girl travel alone, to and fro, for 2 straight days-since she was an outpatient&we really have a deluge of renal cases anyway- was particularly worrisome.

So indeed, I'm happy for the girl&for the people of Kwara. Special thumbs up to General Latinwo too but one has this feeling of 'why give the people the belief that you've attained Olympian&unprecedented heights when it is actually considered rather belated in the league of medical professionals?' It would have been better to indicate that you are happy to be able to offer services that sister institutions have helped with in the past... Same goes for Plastic Surgery. We have a very functional plastic surgery department here too and it has been so for a long time.

I expect that this puts to bed the unnecessary tension that is building up here.

Why have I called it Saraki's state? Because very embarrassingly to many of us, one man appears to  ALL the shots from his house just like Adedibu did in Oyo and it is honestly very resentful. I intend to charge the average Kwara fellow like the Oyo people have gotten their emancipation, albeit after Alaafin Molete's death. It was particularly shambolic to see a family matter get so messy to the extent of affecting an entire state!

To the 400L undergraduate student, congratulations on being 'chartered'. I wish you a successful career. But you are not the first to do so from UNILORIN, are you? The first man did so less than 6 years ago. Find out how much the Arabic Professor Vice Chancellor (I don't know if he is still ther) hyped him publicly for achieving such unparalleled-as-at-then feat! That explains it. I'm happy for you but don't get your blood pressure elevated for the wrong reasons so that you don't end up in the hospital especially with the bright future you have. What's worse? HBP can lead to renal problems, don't let the new facilities be test-run on your beautiful kidneys! Lol!

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by frankmekwu: 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2012
Am 22yr old,with blood Group of O+, Genotype of AA,willing to sell my kidney at a reasonable price,'so I can be able to go back to school.pls call me on 08134427719
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by james1(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2012
This is good news.nothing is impossible.
Once they start it,other teaching hospitals will follow suite,trust the Nigerian system.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by james1(m): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2012
@frankmekwu,its brilliant of you to want to go back to school.you can do that without selling a kidney.
You definately need some talking to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yola Blast: Hospital Urges Public To Donate Blood / COVID-19 Update For June 6 2021 In Nigeria / Speacial Cream And Soap For Black Skin People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.