Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? (7773 Views)

Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
Poster go and peddle your story elsewhere. Either your husband is playing a prank at you or you are hallucinating.

If your billions are being held, you no go come nairaland. You for dey Willams chambers by now.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2012
talknafree: I dislike nairaland for one thing. And that thing is the stu-pidy and myopic nature of most members.

Once a person post a message in support (pro) in response to a thread, all other members to post thereafter will toll that same line, until when another person objects, then members will again change lanes.

There were reasonable and sensible contributions before a silly soul came and said the story was fake, which brought about the couple toll line of other idi+otic members posting same.

People wake up, just because you live inn a room room apartment in one slum and eat once a day, but because you can afford to empty your bank account to buy a phone or laptop and go online doesn't mean people aren't rich or super rich in Nigeria.

On this nairaland I have known a super influential citizen of Nigeria and also a governor's child. So erase your silly mind set that everybody on this forum is of the same status with you.

What's the impossibility of her husband not having acess to billions. Mind you guys, not everyone one's family was destined to be broke ass murder-forkers like you people doubting.

My mum has experienced such before with a bank that claims they are first, it almost led to a legal tussle before they started sending series of apologies. Abd not a single kobo was paid as interest after using her money to trade for almost 3months.

The entire policies and system in Nigeria is totally corrupt.

@Poster,taking it calm with them won't solve jack, try and get a lawyer to write the appropriate unit(s) and copy the MD, head of monetry policies, Foregin Operations, Legal department and others. And threaten to sue for damages as well. I bet you within the shortest time, they will be the ones begging you and your husband all over the country.
.....This is meant for u @1stcitizen....i dnt ve much to say to daft and myopic pple like u. The post says it all. Mshewwww.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
....and this is for you Poster
BAMMZ: So fake a tale! Either piosters just half literate or dumb. Maybe the type that her hubby cooks any story to make her feel good or is is silly..... First thought its the usual yahoo scheme where a mugu would offer to help and get duped but .. . . . . .Please poster search yourself!

cheesy cheesy cheesy Sorry dear, you have now retorted to insults abi?. Tells a lot why your husband could have fabricated it to keep your insults away and you hoping that money is on its way have put the zip on it. You have only come to this forum to make a complete a.s,s of yourself with your childish poo story.

Billions to an individual dorm account by foreign investors without checks and balances to minimize risk. What sub-human species do you belong?
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
I can see dat ur parents jst wasted money on u tinking dat dey sent u to skool bt its a pity u r stil daft. If u actually read all my posts very well den u will ve bn much more enlightened. I never said a personal dorm acct,its corporate and he is nt d only signatory. Well pple like u will nt understand such transactions cos u ve always bn a broke ass all ur life. I dont nid stupid and dull pple like u commenting on my post...it is for experienced pple who have seen hard cash and r not intimidated by it. Broke ass like u. Msheww.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Okontami: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2012
First Citizen, you no see say i kept quiet for her. Na sit down look i dey. @Madam Shilo, its not good to dey show our self outside.. If only you knew the position i held while in the Bank, you will know that being interrogated frequently by law enforcement agencies to confirm adherence to procedures, policies ,guidelines and laws is not a big deal. You are free to dream big. At least your pastor has told you that this year is your year of break through and u and your husband want to break through with this money... Infact, I DEY LAUGH. Abuse me o... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by annawhite(f): 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
madam poster
billions of naira ke?
The billions,was it an APG? A bond?
I can see dat ur parents jst wasted money on u tinking dat dey sent u to skool bt its a pity u r stil daft. If u actually read all my posts very well den u will ve bn much more enlightened. I never said a personal dorm acct,its corporate and he is nt d only signatory. Well pple like u will nt understand such transactions cos u ve always bn a broke ass all ur life. I dont nid stupid and dull pple like u commenting on my post...it is for experienced pple who have seen hard cash and r not intimidated by it. Broke ass like u. Msheww.
madam poster
billions of naira ke?
The billions,was it an APG? A bond?
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Reference(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
Read all the posts and I can understand most of the reactions. First and foremost it is indeed very strange for foreign investment to come in entirely in cash and particularly without reference to some regulatory institution of government that supervises the relevant area of enterprise that would provide you (your husband) additional backup and approval. Let's be quite honest, with the level of graft, laundering and AFF (419) going on in this country huge amounts of cash going to private private (emphasis) investment will raise eyebrows.

Now I will not for a minute excuse the banks for not expediting the fund release because based on my personal experiences most banks have no consideration whatsoever for the businesses of their customers. They see their customers worse than a taxi driver see's his passengers. I lose an average of one in six business transactions to bank inefficiencies. Right now I am the grass under a rat (Access Bank) seeking to swallow an elephant carcass (you know whom), however billions of naira out of the blues (maybe) is really open for banking misadventure and mischief.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
@poster.

To be very honest, I am getting dissapointed with you answering every single silly comments this kids are putting up. You are begining stoop so low to their level.

Nairaland as turned to a place were even secondary and primary school students tend to post in evey thread thereby insulting people their father will postrate to in real life.

You can get a solution here so stop wasting your time. Its like asking a man whose only source of transportation all his entire life has been bycicle how the comfort of plane feels like.

Most of these dumb skulls only read billions of naira in the dailies or at the most watch them in foreign films. They have given up fate in life knowing they can never have such.

I know them well. That's why when I start a thread, I waste o time dishing out insult even to their fathers when any silly person comments nonsense.

Get a good lawyer and also penetrate top know one or two executive directors of the bank.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Reference(m): 12:06am On Mar 23, 2012
Sorry, what I meant by regulatory institutions providing support supposes for example a lot of ground work being laid and with billions perhaps to high levels of goverment becasue quite frankly in Nigeria, government controls all sectors of enterprise. If you are investing in telecoms, power, agriculture, tourism, hotel & leisure, retail, manufacturing, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, , education, infrastructure, real estate, etc. you will need to have had some sort of regulatory linkup that will enable you clear these hurdles faster. This country needs investment and billions of naira will go a long way in any sector and there are a lot of people in the right places that will have created a softer landing for your investment. But with this it all sounds too secretive, informal ad quite frankly, one king. Except there are details you choose not to reveal which is okay on an open and equally informal forum.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by fili24: 1:22am On Mar 23, 2012
fake story...madam shiloh go siddon 4 one place
billions of naira and u'r still on nairaland?
we no b aboki jo o
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by usbcable(m): 9:14am On Mar 23, 2012
nairaland and fake stories sha.

its either the poster is a bad lier or her husband is a bad lier and she cant see through the lies.

too many pointers stating the story line isn't all true.

if she were talking of millions prolly i fit consider. but billions, common your husband would have already knwon hwat to do rather imploring help from nairaland or is it storyland.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Igonih(m): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2012
Poster, maybe your husband should go to the bank with his lawyer and speak with the manager. I don't doubt that someone can hammer or land big deals like your hubby o as long as story is true and hubby no maga pesin, I will say who God has buttered his bread, let him eAt. I hope he gets his money soon.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by superstar1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
read efcc act and you know they have the right. in as much as you do not have any sufficient explanation and the account does not have the history of such huge transaction b4.
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
shiloh: I can see dat ur parents jst wasted money on u tinking dat dey sent u to skool bt its a pity u r stil daft. If u actually read all my posts very well den u will ve bn much more enlightened. I never said a personal dorm acct,its corporate and he is nt d only signatory. Well pple like u will nt understand such transactions cos u ve always bn a broke ass all ur life. I dont nid stupid and dull pple like u commenting on my post...it is for experienced pple who have seen hard cash and r not intimidated by it. Broke ass like u. Msheww.

I love dreamers. Every successful person dared to dream but yours is a case of hallucination. I worked for a bank in Nigeria for more than 15 years dear.I know the process when foreign investors are moving funds into Nigeria.Believe you me, its a long and awkward process. From due diligence to risk assessment to bank references etc. I take it there was no bank reference in your trance, So take your story and shove it up your............
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by pynkspyce: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
get a lawyer. DUH!
Re: Is It Legal For A Bank To Hold On To Money For No Reason? by Oluwa4Sure: 9:31pm On May 27, 2012
Wow!!! THis had help me alot!!!

He who ask for directions never miss his ways

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Before You Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Programme / Nigeria Loses N6.33tr To Naira Devaluation. The Guardian / "We Are Not Indebted To AMCON" - MRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.