Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Etteh Steps Aside: Finally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etteh Steps Aside: Finally (5124 Views)

Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP, Steps Aside From Partisan Politics / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by idea(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2007
It has just been confirmed that our (this) sorry honorable speak of house of representatives Mrs Olubunmi  Etteh has stepped aside while a speaker pro-tempore from the north central won by over 200 votes.
The stage is now set for the show to begin,
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by otokx(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2007
She for adjourn am again to next week make the drama fit continue.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Joey82(m): 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2007
when d heat is too much and the sit bcomes hot, u'll do nothing but run as fast as u can 2 get outta d heat. Lets just see what happens next.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by follyg: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
Good bye o dishonourable representathief Etteh.
O digba o
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by desgiezd(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2007
Good riddance to bad rubbish! An extremely shameless, sit tight, power loving and most dishonourable speaker. If found guilty, EFCC or ICPC must prosecute her.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Danmasani(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2007
BBC NEWS
Nigeria speaker goes in graft row
The speaker of Nigeria's House of Representatives, Patricia Etteh, has resigned after weeks of pressure.

An inquiry found her guilty of breaking house rules in awarding contracts worth $5m to refurbish houses and buy cars.

But she had repeatedly refused to step aside and allow a temporary speaker to chair a debate into the findings.

Parliamentary business, including a debate on Nigeria's budget, has been held up for weeks as a result of the affair that has gripped the nation.

Heated

Mrs Etteh, a former beautician and ruling party member, is accused of irregularities in spending $5m of government money to buy 12 cars and renovate two official residences - her own and that of a deputy.

She had consistently denied any wrongdoing but opponents argued forcibly that she should step aside temporarily to allow someone else to chair the debate into the findings of the panel of inquiry, chaired by David Iroko.

The row became so heated that a brawl broke out in parliament earlier this month, during which one pro-Etteh MP collapsed and died.

Mrs Etteh's aides told the BBC's Abuja Bureau that th[b]e speaker had decided that she could no longer continue and that her deputy, Babangida Nguroje, has also resigned.
[/b]
The lower house elected Terngu Tsegba, an opposition politician from central Benue State, as the acting speaker.

Mr Tsegba will now preside over the Iroko debate, which is expected to take up to a week.

Parliament will then have to elect a permanent replacement to Mrs Etteh.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/africa/7069654.stm

Question- Did she resign permanently or did she step aside for the report to be considered? Two conflicting reports here need clarification!
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Bolubunmi(f): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2007
Am I not happy? Finally, the she-devil bowed to popular wish. I pray we never suffer this kind of character again in this country, aminooooooooooooooooh.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Ralvy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2007
She should have Stayed now . .
Fool like her!
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2007
Come back next week, Your house will have another person on the board to waste another 5 months of your time on. You really think this woman was the problem?? Wait for the next person they will use as excuse to continue in their stupidity? So far, the president has yet to do a single thing in 5 months of taking seat. The house itself has yet to pass or do anything else in 5 months, yet they have been getting their pay and wining and dinning on the same free money they claim they stopped the whole country to get back. Ask them how much they have all earned in 5 months of doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Then compare it to the amount of money they claim this Etteh woman took from you all , grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by chidichris(m): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2007
somebody stepped aside sometime in june 1993 and is yet to return and it is my paryer that her stepping aside will be permanent.
shameless as she may be with the support of the evil men-obj and bode george.
shame to 3rd term, shame to imposed candidates, shame to etteh, shame to the removed govs-andy uba and co, shame to inec, shame to iwu and the bigger shame for their evil father - , o b,
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by medaura(m): 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2007
the spaeker steps aside abi she resign? i dont understand.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by kusehin(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2007
It is really a shame that in a country of 140million people, people like this dishonourable Patricia Etteh (A common Hairdresser) can still hold us to ransom in making a morkery of democracy and the upper legislative house of the Federation. My heart bleed for Nigeria and i wish we will be able to learn from this ugly and shameful exprience.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by hbrednic: 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2007
beautician turned  into ghana must-go carrying politician,
pressured,shamed and disgraced, now steps aside wah ooo.
madam wellcome to the club of "step aside" politicians with Hqters in minna.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by dennylove(m): 12:14am On Oct 31, 2007
For a diploma holder in hairdressing to have became the speaker of Nigeria's house or reps is a scam naturally.In a country where we have thousands of professors,it''s a shame!For the reps to have allowed a taciturn tyrant like Obasanjo to install her in their midst,they are zombies.For a woman like Ettheh to have desired a 98 million naira massaging machine for her flabby breast,it's utter madness.This is a country where millions goes to bed hungry!She wants to massage her stinking skin.God will punish her for trying to play on the intelligence of Nigerian. she resign dishonourably.Opening her laps for Obasanjo now won't help her.It only helped her before May,2007.I love women,but i hate Etteh with passion.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by 9ja4eva: 12:18am On Oct 31, 2007
Shame on her.She for wait make them carry am comot,

She should hide her face in shame, I pity her husband
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by dennylove(m): 12:27am On Oct 31, 2007
ETTEH,O TEEEEEEEEEE, THIEFFFFFFFFFFFFF grin cheesy shocked cool embarassed kiss cry

Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by 9ja4eva: 12:32am On Oct 31, 2007
Big thief, Why dem no stone am or carry am go North for Sharia special treatment?
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by oge4real(f): 12:40am On Oct 31, 2007
PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISE THE LORD! grin grin
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLELUYAH! grin grin

Shame to the Devil at last angry angry
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by dennylove(m): 1:01am On Oct 31, 2007
can you imagine, this ordinary hairdresser,etteh olllllllllllllllllle, barawoooooooooooooo, onyeorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri

Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by WarfyBoy(m): 2:03am On Oct 31, 2007
Noooooooooooo, u 4 neva go, u 4 stay now, make dem carry ur dead body komot for there

hu like d woman reach like dat, so tey e advice am make e resign, she for stay now, she tink say na only she kno were d best babalawo dey for this world, no b person carry am go meet the juju man? abi no b persin b d juju man, lol

i tnk God 4 ha life sha, bt e don 2 late, wen persin life don involve, she wait smal now

oleeeee

Patricia Thief Ette
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by hbrednic: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2007
honourable show of shame
step aside nii, step aside ko.
abeg make she carry her shame dey go.yeye dey smell.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Pain(m): 2:30am On Oct 31, 2007
Another End of A Melodrama U Can Watch Only In Nigeria!

Maybe Someone Should Commercialize the Senate and Start Selling Adverts Because Its A Soap Opera In Its Own Right!
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by backnbeta(f): 3:53am On Oct 31, 2007
medaura:

the spaeker steps aside abi she resign? i don't understand.

She resigned to avoid impeachment. http://naijanet.com/news/source/2007/oct/30/1000.html
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by theboy0808(m): 3:54am On Oct 31, 2007
Tha Mama!
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by samsilo(m): 5:36am On Oct 31, 2007
[/quote]Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts.
« #39 on: April 25, 2007, 05:37 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been saying ,what ever process brings in Yar'adua in as president fair or not.I do not believe the man will change overnight at his age just as Obj was unable to change his stubborn ,undemocratic character.
What I see coming in the next few years for highly corrupt politicians is a very tough time indeed.Look at Abubakar Audu who thought he was free,or is it almighty Tafa Balogun.
Ibori, Odili, Attah and co have it coming,let the election wahala settle first. This is is just as they say Rome was not built in a day.
The fight to rid Nigeria of blatant corruption must start somewhere, SELECTIVE or not[quote]

I just brought up a comment I made on this forum in the past.
I do not know if many people appreciate the silent revolution going on in Nigeria.Some one said the president has done nothing in 5 months.
My dear Nigerians ,the fruit of these changes will be that people will think twice before transferring our money into their private accounts and we will gradually see the fruits in terms of good  power supply, roads etc.

We as a people must resolve not to worship money especially those who steal from our common purse and stop being fooled.
Look at the thief Ibori running around now trying to keep his stolen money.
If things continue the way they are ,even Baba and Evil genius will plea bargain (return the money or go to jail) in a few years.
We must make inintegritynd dignity part of our culture
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by dennylove(m): 6:45am On Oct 31, 2007
ETTEH, DEPUTY RESIGNED AFTER HUMILIATION. grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley shocked angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by luvlawyer(f): 7:11am On Oct 31, 2007
http://w.slide.com/r/qEtNjnEtuD-Am8tgYKI6rzzcCUGepZMI

now i have decided that it isnt right when you were agbada to the HOR it could cause problems hahhha
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2007
at last cheesy
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by ikhideman(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2007
A QUESTION: WHY DO NIGERIANS PREFER TO BE PUSHED OUT OF OFFICE INSTEAD OF RESIGNING?

Nigerian women should be embarrassed on her behalf!

But Nigerian Leaders don't have shame at all - anything can be done for money! That's why i still respect Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala.
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by hollirigth(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2007
Unbelievable, I thought her bid daddy obj is still in control and can keep her on sit for as long as he wants. Can we now say power pass power? But I think she is only being made the scape goat, I wonder who will be the next to be humiliated out of that house, they all need to be exposed and expelled just like the most ugly politician ever (madam etteh, may your soul rest in obj bossom forever)
Bravo Zulu to all Nigerians on this development, this presents a new look at nija in the western world.
Congrats to all,
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by diyobdw(f): 8:19am On Oct 31, 2007
AM glad that Nigeria eyes have opened shocked to know that if you say NO and shout it loud enof you would have some people support you and some bow down like she did!

i actually knew she would eventually bow because the pressure was way out of the "house of rep's " when was the question. Thank God ! let hope for no part 2
cheesy grin Forward ever Nigeria! it must to better!
Re: Etteh Steps Aside: Finally by nazzyon(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2007
Honestly, there is nothing bad in gunning down people like this.

Caught commiting criminal or past crime revealed and yet she kept arguing, why?

I think snippers should be recruited by some organisation to put people like this to rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian EX- Senator Spotted In A Night Club; Good Or Bad / Woman Asks Househelp To Sit On Burning Electric Cooker Coz She Urinated In Bed / Caption Gej's Demeanour In A Picture Posted By Senator Dino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.