Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism (3416 Views)

Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) / Wole Soyinka On Boko Haram / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by LagosShia: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Sir Wole Soyinka has won Nobel Prize and international recognition for his work. YOu Sir on the other hand have no right to criticize and insult him, unless you and he are on the same standing. What have you won? first do some good and become someone, then I will listen and weigh your insults.

and let me tell you this again, for i dey never tire to do so. Islam is a religion that SCREAMS VIOLENCE, RAPE, MURDER, HATRED AND CULTURAL GENOCIDE. the only difference between you and them bloody christians is that, christians have done so for the past 2000 years but they do that now usually secretively in the form of ugly missionary work among innocent tribesmen in SOuth,South-East Asia, South Sudan and other parts of Africa and in parts of South America (jehovas project, etc), over the past 100 years. while you felows do it openly even now. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

there are men greater than soyinka that bow down in their five daily prayers as muslims.

a certificate oyinbos dashed him will not earn him any respect when he talks nonsense.nobel prize is not a confirmation of infallibility.there are over 1.5 billion muslims around the world who disagree with soyinka.

as for you and the nonsense you readily utter,i must also advice you to get a mirror and see yourself-may be you too need an hair cut like your mentor.your mentor is obviously obessessed with the idea that the truth is foreign and was revealed in arabia and not in ile-ife.he is blind to the truth and a tribalist!
Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by PastorAIO: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
LagosShia:

there are men greater than soyinka that bow down in their five daily prayers as muslims.

a certificate oyinbos dashed him will not earn him any respect when he talks nonsense.nobel prize is not a confirmation of infallibility.there are over 1.5 billion muslims around the world who disagree with soyinka.

as for you and the nonsense you readily utter,i must also advice you to get a mirror and see yourself-may be you too need an hair cut like your mentor.your mentor is obviously obessessed with the idea that the truth is foreign and was revealed in arabia and not in ile-ife.he is blind to the truth and a tribalist!

These are very serious allegations. Can you back any of them up? So to practice the religion of your ancestors makes you a tribalist!

Luckily this is just Nairaland because if we were somewhere where there are decent libel laws I'm sure you'll do more thinking before you open your mouth than you are currently wont to do.
Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
LagosShia:

This is Nigeria bro! this is the reality! WE ARE AL PROUD TRIBESPEOPES, no matter what. cool
and them 1.5 musim probably never even heard of Wole Soyinka. they only heard about muhammad and alibaba and know how to kill goats and people.
your praying 5 times a day sucks like hell. it is as if you are forced. your 5-times-a-day praying people can only have award for terrorism like Osama Bin Laden of al-qaeda and nasrallah of hezbollah.
Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by LagosShia: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2012
Pastor AIO:

These are very serious allegations. Can you back any of them up? So to practice the religion of your ancestors makes you a tribalist!

Luckily this is just Nairaland because if we were somewhere where there are decent libel laws I'm sure you'll do more thinking before you open your mouth than you are currently wont to do.

how ridiculous can a christian get? talking about allegations,the ones you throw left,right and center are enough to put all christians behind bars.

i am only stating based what i read from his interview in the OP.may be you didnt read that.and besides,have you not heard of freedom of expression? or to christians "freedom of expression" is only in place when muslims are provoked and their faith is offended?
Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by LagosShia: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

This is Nigeria bro! this is the reality! WE ARE AL PROUD TRIBESPEOPES, no matter what. cool
and them 1.5 musim probably never even heard of Wole Soyinka. they only heard about muhammad and alibaba and know how to kill goats and people.
your praying 5 times a day sucks like hell. it is as if you are forced. your 5-times-a-day praying people can only have award for terrorism like Osama Bin Laden of al-qaeda and nasrallah of hezbollah.

good to know that you found a prophet in Soyinka.only that he wont be able to guide you to the absolute truth because based on your beliefs,all beliefs can be assimilated and accepted,be they from christianity,islam or even buddhism.

praying 5 times is sweeter than honey.you wont miss what you never had.you'd have to try it with understanding and an open mind beyond paganism and its bondage.Nasrallah of hezbollah cannot be compared to the terrorist bin laden of alqaeda.the former is a freedom fighter who uplifted his people,fight for their aspirations,represent their will in parliament and government politically in a democratic setting and also librated his land from israeli occupation.he never went beyond the borders of his country to kill innocent people like bin laden (a once CIA agent) did to give muslims a bad image.so get your facts straights and make opinions based on what you know and not based on what others say or you hear in the news.
Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by Kay17: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2012
@LagosShia

While do you regard paganism as trash?? African paganism is truely naturalism. And unlike Islam, its not based entirely on faith and one man's testimony. You supposed to see for yourself, not Muhammed seeing for you.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Wole Soyinka

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Arranges His Own Kidnap( What Do We Call This 1 Now) / Why i hate Religion, but love Jesus / Wiseman John In Service Today To Thank Members For Praying For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.