Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) (32567 Views)

Pastor Celebrates With Traditional Masquerade Spirit / Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2013
cool

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Dyt(f): 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
They look alike, d only thing I see is diff is he's wearin shirt/trousers/slippers while his frnd is naked
Btw, dats a statue

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2013
Dyt: They look alike, d only thing I see is diff is he's wearin shirt/trousers/slippers while his frnd is naked
Btw, dats a statue

statues representing a God.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ayobase(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2013
I thought he is an atheist!

Humorously, I can't differentiate Wole Soyinka from the Gods.....pls, can someone help out!

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ayobase(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2013
Dyt: They look alike, d only thing I see is diff is he's wearin shirt/trousers/slippers while his frnd is naked
Btw, dats a statue

Thanks O Jare!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ayobase(m): 10:04pm On May 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

stature representing a God.

Did u read RULE 21 before posting?

Ban awaits u!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09pm On May 10, 2013
ayobase:

Did u read RULE 21 before posting?

Ban awaits u!

loooooool kai grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2013
ayobase: I thought he is an atheist!

Humorously, I can't differentiate Wole Soyinka from the Gods .....pls, can someone help out!

he was born a christian, but then he saw the light and became a Pagan.

you consider Wole Soyinka a God? shocked

*strange. .
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by nedu2000(m): 10:36pm On May 10, 2013
@poster,correction!!Soyinka
posing with 'gods' not Gods---lower cased

11 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 10, 2013
Dumb, deaf, blind, lame pieces of carvings. . . Eyes they have but they cannot see. Ears they have but cannot hear. Mouths they have but they cannot speak. Inanimate objects that'll need the help of mere man before it moves.

I see soyinka sitting among carvings. . . Very fine art.

33 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Freiburger(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2013
Funny picture. grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by dasparrow: 9:06am On May 11, 2013
sexkillz: Dumb, deaf, blind, lame pieces of carvings. . . Eyes they have but they cannot see. Ears they have but cannot hear. Mouths they have but they cannot speak. Inanimate objects that'll need the help of mere man before it moves.

I see soyinka sitting among carvings. . . Very fine art.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2013
nedu2000: @poster,correction!!Soyinka
posing with 'gods' not Gods---lower cased

umm no, you are mistaken. Each Spiritual Force is important and uniqe in its own perspective. therefore it is GODS, not gods.
i can understand if you wwere referring to man-gods like jesus or mary, then it can be lowercase. but these are Higer Spiritual POwers. GODS.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by CrazyMan(m): 9:26am On May 11, 2013
Dyt: Fryinburger
Me I sent u mail, u didn't reply abi?
We shall meet
Snaps fingers at him
Violation of rule 19 embarassed
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:29am On May 11, 2013
sexkillz: I don't use any form of idol in my worship. Sorry, you got the wrong guy. Idols are repulsive to me. The rosary is an idol. I don't use it.

Not every Christian uses idols in worship.

well you are not christian then. undecided

as a christian , you are supposed to worship these idols of men. the original christian church is the roman catholic church. so if you are not that you are not christian.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 9:31am On May 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

well you are not christian then. undecided

as a christian , you are supposed to worship these idols of men. the original christian church is the roman catholic church. so if you are not that you are not christian.
Then what am I? The Christian God is against the use of idols. I guess you didn't know.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ayobase(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2013
sexkillz: I don't use any form of idol in my worship. Sorry, you got the wrong guy. Idols are repulsive to me. The rosary is an idol. I don't use it.

Not every Christian uses idols in worship.

Simply put, a catholic is an IDOL WORSHIPPER!

Well, Pagan u r on point with ur theory...carvings irrespective of where being found!

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by lifestyle1(m): 4:09pm On May 13, 2013
undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 13, 2013
This makes me uncomfortable

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by theripper3: 4:20pm On May 13, 2013
All I see is a seasoned Professor and some nice artworks. So every carving of a craftsman is a god? Pagan9ja, this ur evangelism dey skewed one kind o.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Naijalastborn(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2013
Brb. Mr. Wole Nice Trouser
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Okijajuju: 4:22pm On May 13, 2013
Blessed is the man that never departs from the gods of his forefathers.. No wonder he has the wisdom of the gods.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by crisycent: 4:24pm On May 13, 2013
It is funny how people are condemning Soyinka and the gods. It is a pity that the so called "western civilization" has blind-folded Africans. Some of you say that the gods are mere carvings but you hang a statue of holy mary in your house. Some of you say they are powerless but i can tell you that i have seen people that were killed by this same carvings.

I will not condemn or criticize any religion but i will say Soyinka has a right to practice his religion.

12 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ninja4life(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2013
How can we restore those days when each house has its own diety no gathering for worship,no money collection,no religious violence,no religious intolerance,evry one with his life no heaven and no hell,even if they are just wood carvings,they represent a force in d yoruba belief.wow dats just a dream.hope we yoruba dont join others in religious violence in d name of jesus or islam hope being a yoruba comes first b4 religion.

10 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by theripper3: 4:27pm On May 13, 2013
Okija juju: Blessed is the man that never departs from the gods of his forefathers.. No wonder he has the wisdom of the gods.

Mazi Okija, u b Pagan or atheist sef?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ichommy(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2013
Btw, dats a statue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives Whole Offering From His Crusade To Widows / Pastor Ogue Dies At Burial Service, Hours To Ministering / Jehovah Sharp Sharp Carries Coffin To Protest Against Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.