Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password (3570 Views)

Please Help---forgotten Windows Password / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Download To Reset Your Huawei Modem Unlock Count To Zero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by locaslee: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
Windows 7 system is so popular that more and more people install it on their computer. As other Windows versions, Windows 7 also offers password protection for preventing unauthorized access. But, what can we do when forgot Windows 7 password? This article list four efficient ways to help you regain access to your computer when you forgot Windows 7 password.

No. 1: Reset Windows 7 password via password reset disk.

In Windows 7/vista/XP, people can create a password reset disk with USB Flash Drive to prevent password lost. But note that a reset disk is available for only one user account. You need to create new reset disk when you create a new user account or change a password. When you lost Windows 7 password, this is the first way we can do. Follow the steps below if you have created a password reset disk.

Step 1: Start or restart your computer, in the welcome screen, Choose your user account then type in the user name and a wrong password, press ENTER or click OK. it will show you logon failed and show you a hint - Reset password....

Step 2: Insert your reset disk (USB Drive). Click Reset password……

Step 3: Then the Password Reset Wizard pops up, click Next.

Step 4: Choose the disk which you inserted, click Next. Type a new password in the new password box, and type it again to confirm it. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint for the password or not, and then click Next→Finish. Then you can login Windows 7 again with the new password you just reset.

So it’s better to create Windows 7 password reset disk if you are a forgetful person.

No. 2 Reset Windows 7 password in Safe Mode

If you have not created a reset disk, login safe mode then you can reset all user passwrods in control panel. This is a common and safe way to reset lost password in Whindows 7. Just two steps.

Step 1: Press F8 immediately when you start or restart your computer. When the system shows the start list, select Safe Mode and press Enter.

Step 2: After you login Safe Mode, open the control panel - users accounts, and reset whichever user password.

No. 3: Reset Windows 7 password with Professional Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool

If you haven't created a password reset disk for your account and can not login Safe Mode, but unfortunately you lost or forgot windows 7 password, see bellow. All you need is a computer you have access to and a blank CD/USB Drive.

Option 1: Reset Windows 7 Password with Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool

A well-know Windows password recovery tool, Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool and Windows Password Rescuer, is a highly appreciated password recovery software which is more and more popular on the internet. Just 3 simple steps help you reset/remove Windows 7 password, this is the simplest way to help you regain access to your locked Windows 7 system. As most people said, Windows Password Rescuer is worth a try when I forgot Windows 7 password.

Step 1: Download Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool or Windows Password Rescuer and install it to a computer which you have access.

Step 2: Run the software and burn it to a blank CD/USB Drive (Just insert your CD/USB and click the Burn button).

Step 3: Boot your computer from CD-ROM or USB then remove Windows 7 password by one click.

Option 2: Crack Windows 7 password with Ophcrack.

Ophcrack is one of the most popular free Windows passwrod recovery tool based on rainbow tables which is open source program. It can help you reset Windows 7/Vista/XP password less than 14 characters. Once you forgot Windows 7 password, this is a good choice to download the right version for windows 7 and crack Window 7 password.

Step 1: Download Ophcrack LiveCD ISO File and burn it to a disc so you can use it.

Step 2: Insert the Ophcrack Live CD disc you just burned into your optical drive and then restart your locked PC.

Step 3: The Ophcrack LiveCD starts automatically and attempts to crack your Windows password.

Step 4: After it reveals your password, take out the disk and you can try to logon to Windows again with the recovered password..

However, many people failed to recover Windows 7 password as its large ISO file which is more than 496MB and it costs lots of time to do the preparation work.
Re: Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by brusestudery: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2012
Take a look at this video, it would help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5tX_eUZzc
Re: Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by yilia: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2013
Do not panic while you need to reset windows 7 password.
I know a wonderful tool to solve it, I have ever used it to reset windows 8 password with ease.
the software is also compatible for Windows XP and 7.
Re: Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by Bilytomeli: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2014
When I forgot my Windows password at first I will want to use free reset ways. Admin password and safe mode are the freeways. But if you need free tools I introduce you use Ophcrack or Offline NT Password & Registry Editor which I used before. But if you think only reset software can help you, so Anmosoft Windows Password Reset may meet your need. You can learn more from:
http://www.resetwindowspassword.com
Re: Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by dangding: 4:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello, I have the same problem like you, I did as this video guide says: How to remove Windows 7 password
Re: Efficient Ways To Reset Forgotten Windows 7 Password by Joseph91: 2:33am On Sep 29, 2014
I really appreciate it for your sharing. I have a Sony vaio running on Windows 7 logged out and forgot the password. I typed it in multiple times on what I think it was but nothing happened. So I searched on Google for solutions and then found a video guide. Thanks to the video. It guided me to reset my Windows 7 password within just 4 minutes. Here you can check it out below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tpgU65cUc

(1) (Reply)

Get 1gb Free With Just N100 On Mtn Ng / Dell Laptop Battery Care And Maintenance / Install Alliancerom V4.1 On Galaxy S5 G900F Android 4.4.2 Custom Firmware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.