Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died (15582 Views)

Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Abrose Ali Uni.(aau)direct Entry And Diploma Form For 2015/2016 Session Is On-sa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by xavier3g(m): 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2012
Tragedy struck early this morning at the Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, after seven female students fell into a well located inside one of the hostels inside the school compound while fetching water and doing other things around the well.According to eye witnesses, three girls were washing on top of the well, which is the hostel's only source of water, while the remaining four were sitting on its top, when all of a sudden the well collapsed beneath them. All seven girls fell into the well.

Other students around the hostel when the incident occurred rescued 6 of the alive. Unfortunately one died inside the well. Another one died on the way to the hospital. The remaining five are receiving treatment at the hospital.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jp4L6G6A9II/T2x0dlBKBEI/AAAAAAAAT3U/6durn2lOsgE/s1600/well.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-qjw0Hfq2uyU/T2x0faj7IYI/AAAAAAAAT3c/MEg4Qr80X_g/s1600/544357398.jpg[/img]
http://thedancingpumpkin..com/2012/03/tragedy-at-ekpoma.html
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by zulk12(f): 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
2bad
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Cadaver(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2012
Washing ontop of a well? Nawaoh... May deir souls R.I.P sha, it shld act as a deterent to odaz sha, sum tins just take common sense.. *tufia
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Afam4eva(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2012
This kind of death is embarrassing. May their souls RIP.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Sijo01(f): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
Yesterday it was an arm robbery attack in two banks killin a hair dresser, today a well collapds killin innocent student, all in Ekpoma.

God hav mery!
May deir soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by stagger: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2012
Three years to the deadline for achievement of Millenium Development Goals, and Nigerian universities are still using wells!

Yet the stupid UN report on MDGs actually said that 80% of the world's population have access to safe water!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Osama10(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
This is pure carelessness, I don't even step on such things talkless of sitting on them.

What a loss! embarassed
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by deathmen12: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
R.I.P.... BAD NEWS
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by zubbainno123: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
How come D̶̲̥̅̊ well I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ that wide?
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by koolguy88(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
the water in the well is too dirty naa
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by odedipapa(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
RIP...bt washing on d well isn't sane
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by xynerise: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
D well is too wide
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Tgram(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Rip
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by xynerise: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Osama10: This is pure carelessness, I don't even step on such things talkless of sitting on them.

What a loss! embarassed
there is nothing like talkless. Its "let alone". Thank me later grin
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by GudluckIBB(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
It is only in Nigeria things like this happens!Yet the former chaiman Board of Trustees PDP is from that Area!!!cant he provide Bore hole? Naija matter tire me jor!
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by MeGaStReEt: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
And where is Oshiomole
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Seun(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
People have died and some silly people are trying to feel superior?
What if the well caved while you were fetching water from it?
How do you avoid that? Wells are not supposed to be so flimsy.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by member479760: 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2012
and this is what we call university, and we are talking about quality of education. yes we are busy for the past 51 yias.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Smoj(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
R. I. P. A gr8 loss to their family
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by kemiola89(f): 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
dis is serious, robbery attack yesterday, death of 2 students 2day, na wa oo, may their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by xavier3g(m): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
xavier3g: Tragedy struck early this morning at the Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, after seven female students fell into a well located inside one of the hostels inside the school compound while fetching water and doing other things around the well.According to eye witnesses, three girls were washing on top of the well, which is the hostel's only source of water, while the remaining four were sitting on its top, when all of a sudden the well collapsed beneath them. All seven girls fell into the well.

Other students around the hostel when the incident occurred rescued 6 of the alive. Unfortunately one died inside the well. Another one died on the way to the hospital. The remaining five are receiving treatment at the hospital.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jp4L6G6A9II/T2x0dlBKBEI/AAAAAAAAT3U/6durn2lOsgE/s1600/well.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-qjw0Hfq2uyU/T2x0faj7IYI/AAAAAAAAT3c/MEg4Qr80X_g/s1600/544357398.jpg[/img]
http://lindaikeji..com/2012/03/two-die-as-7-female-students-fall-into.html

Still dont understand why my link I posted and the story was changed and my name left there, they should just have removed my name and post completely, instead of using "small" blogger like me, chei see me wey wan draw traffic to my site, una remove my link put linda ikeji own there, chei Seun, una wicked O!!!! I go still post my own here again, if una like make una remove am again.

Plus I don modify the link again, still waiting to see u guys change am again.

www.thedancingpumpking..com
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by javijabor: 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
ITS NOT A WELL ITS A RESERVOIR FOR STORING WATER. THAT'S WHY THEY COULD SIT AND WASH ON IT AND ITS USUALLY WIDER THAN A NORMAL WELL.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Leyelyzo: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
MeGaStReEt: And where is Oshiomole

What does oshiomole needs to do there?
Rip
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Reference(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
angry angry angry What kind of nonsense is this. You mean this university cannot provide a borehole for its halls of residence. I mean what is the basis of accrediting these institutions in the first place. This is disgusting, unfortunate and believe me someone is culpable for this. If the university cannot provide boreholes with at least a hand pump in this day and age it should go on recess. What are they doing with the billions they receive each year. What is the ETF doing. If it is strike for pay ASUU are champions. Just look at the water these poor folks are using. Pity. Someone must be held for this criminal act. MTSRIP.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by ritux: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
[b][/b]
javijabor: ITS NOT A WELL ITS A RESERVOIR FOR STORING WATER. THAT'S WHY THEY COULD SIT AND WASH ON IT AND ITS USUALLY WIDER THAN A NORMAL WELL.
Exactly, it is a reservoir and not the normal type of well. I remember i do sleep on the one in my hostel at evenings when there is power failure back then in Uniben
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by pwilliams: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
Update report reaching us God so kind the two girls dat was reported dead later live, one woke up in the mortuary y d other woke up as she was about to b taking into d mortuary,so we should give thanks to God

1 Like

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by godstino(m): 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
@william are you kidding cos my eyes are soaked with tears right now..
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
pwilliams:
Update report reaching us God so kind the two girls dat was reported dead later live, one woke up in the mortuary y d other woke up as she was about to b taking into d mortuary,so we should give thanks to God
are u sure ?
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by eghost247(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
sad if we had good water accidents like this wouldn't happen
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
MeGaStReEt: And where is Oshiomole

why you dey look for am,Na him push them inside well ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Oceemo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
Kai na wa dis word o c death abeg very tragic student wey dem d tink of 2moro....
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by lexander(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
na wa oooooh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) / Sit-At-Home: South East Candidates Who Missed 2021 WASSCE To Re-Sit / JAMB 2018 Candidates With Pending Result Issues – Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.