Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Do You Know God's Will When You Are At A Crossroads? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know God's Will When You Are At A Crossroads? (1444 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know God's Will When You Are At A Crossroads? by God2man(m): 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2012
We are not always at our best when it comes to decision taken, some have taken decisions that have led them to trouble. At other times, we have taken good decisions on some serious issues, also wrong decisions were made in the past and at the end, we failed. It is a fact that God has given us brain to think and we may not need to ask for direction from God, but we found out that mistakes do occur, then we suddenly realize that we should have asked God before taken such serious decision.
I samuel 30:8 " And David enquired at the Lord, saying, shall i pursue after this troop? Shall i overtake them? And he answered him, pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all."
Here, this is a perfect example of a prayer of enquiry from David, a man after God's own heart.
God has promised to instruct us in the way we should go as it is written in Psalm 32:8" i will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: i will guide you with my eyes."
Proverb3:5 " Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."
when asking for the will of God on any issue, it is important to know that we must not come to the Lord with any idol in our hearts or preconceived ideas of what we want or how we wants things to turn out. If we fail in this area, it may be difficult for God to speak to us clearly.
You see, our relationship with God will determine how God communicates to us.
It is important for you to realize that God in his sovereignty can decide to speak to you in dark speeches, why? Read with me. Numbers 12:6-8 " And he said, Hear now my words: if there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
My servant Moses is not so, who is FAITHFUL in all mine house.
With him will i speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, not in DARK SPEECHES: and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant moses"
Moses had reached the highest level, so it easy for God to speak to him clearly.
Present day believer need to work hard on their spiritual lives, if we want God to speak to us mouth to mouth, or else it will result in DARK SPEECHES.
How do you know God's will when you at a croosroads? For example, in the area of choosing a life partner, which church to attend, to travel out or not to travel out, what career to choose, where to go for help, and so on.
The choice we make in life will go a long way to determine how far we will able to fulfill God's will or purpose for our lives.
Pls, share your experience.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Do You Know God's Will When You Are At A Crossroads? by Callotti: 5:22am On Mar 24, 2012
Only if you live for 'God's will' would you EVER find yourself at 'crossroads'!
I never do. He gave you 'free will' and you toss it back at him.
Cat and mouse game?
I will pass.
Re: How Do You Know God's Will When You Are At A Crossroads? by brainpulse: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^^^So when a manufacturer of a product gives you the manual to operate His products after sale and places a guarantee on the product and when the product gets damage, do you rectify it yourself even when you know you have no technical knowledge about the product or you simply get it over to the manufacturer when you know a guarantee is still in placed on the product. God is our manufacturer( you believe it or not it doesn't change anything)and he has given us everything through his word to make our lives better but when the road seems unclear and when situations overwhelmed us and challenges seems difficult, thick and cant be resolved that you ask your manufacturer to rectify it or give you a review of what to do in such situation. God has place a life guarantee(grace) on everyone to come to him, ALL who are heavy laden..... To some they never realized it before its too late. And to some they die and suffer to keep trying because they believe God can not rectify of He is very busy or too big to resolve their issues. But He is still God , we all have the grace to walk unto His thrown to seek mercy and a way froward.

(1) (Reply)

I Saw It...and Now It Must Pay... / The Jehovah's Witness Bible Version Of John 1:1 / Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.