Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,330 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

I'll Not Be In Church Tommorrow [sunday]- Segun Ayobolu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'll Not Be In Church Tommorrow [sunday]- Segun Ayobolu (964 Views)

What I Learnt In Church Today / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'll Not Be In Church Tommorrow [sunday]- Segun Ayobolu by ochukoccna: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
If you visit me in my modest apartment tomorrow morning, I will not be in church.
I believe strongly that the church has a mission to save a human civilization that is clearly adrift. I believe that I am only because God is.
I believe not just in the historicity of Jesus Christ but in the enduring reality of his eternal presence.
But then, why will I not be in church tomorrow?
The answer is simple.
It is unfortunate that the church itself, especially its Pentecostal variant, that claims moral and spiritual superiority is lost in the wilderness.
I cannot understand the intense religiosity of a nation and the vulgar prosperity of its church amidst the abject material and spiritual poverty of its people.
It is a study in contracts.
Most of our Pentecostal leaders today lust after such titles as Bishop, Archbishop, Prophet, Apostle or Doctor. Amazingly, Jesus was simply Jesus!
....Segun Ayobolu

Some mental fuel to regurgitate over in your mind. Read the rest at the link below

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/saturday/segun-ayobolu/40040-i-will-not-be-in-church-tomorrow.html

(1) (Reply)

Pls Pray For My Friend / Islaam / They Ain’t Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.