Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

They Ain’t Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Ain’t Right? (945 Views)

Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet, Adeboye Tells Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
While God calls us to expose darkness, I see too many Christians exposing and talking about the dirt of others, their ministries and their doctrines for the real sake of masking their own sins, which is specifically PRIDE. Pride needs to talk about others to elevate one’s self.

We have to be balanced and expose our own mess to God as well so we can be cleansed. If you keep the magnifying glass on “their” dirt, you’ll never deal with your own — this is a trick of the enemy. I’m not saying we focus on our issues, but focus on Christ about our issues so we can be cleansed and grow in holiness.

Just because you left the false church system doesn’t make you clean, just smart. It’s good you recognize “they” are wrong and their deeds are evil, but that won’t justify YOU before a holy God.

God is coming back for a church without spot. God is calling us to excel past all that foolishness we left behind, not to focus on it and write article after article, and make video after video about it. For some folks, the dirt of others is all they talk about. We must remember that Jesus shed his blood so that we can be cleansed (1 John 1:9). We can’t be cleansed unless we confess our sins and we can’t confess our sins if we’re too focused on everyone else’ sin.

I want to be ready when Jesus returns, not caught talking about some false preachers, when I’m just as dirty as they are. I can’t say on judgement day, “but Bishop touched boys, he’s worse than me.” That ain’t gonna fly with God. The question you should ask yourself is, “Do I meet the standards of God today?, Am I looking more and more like Jesus everyday?”

No proud person will get into heaven, not one — this was Satan’s problem. Jesus said, “Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly” (Matt 11:29). We should re-examine what Jesus said about salvation and examine ourselves.

Source of Article
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
where's frosb? he needs to come read this article.

1 Like

Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 20, 2012
frosbel: While God calls us to expose darkness, I see too many Christians exposing and talking about the dirt of others, their ministries and their doctrines for the real sake of masking their own sins, which is specifically PRIDE. Pride needs to talk about others to elevate one’s self.

We have to be balanced and expose our own mess to God as well so we can be cleansed. If you keep the magnifying glass on “their” dirt, you’ll never deal with your own — this is a trick of the enemy. I’m not saying we focus on our issues, but focus on Christ about our issues so we can be cleansed and grow in holiness.

Just because you left the false church system doesn’t make you clean, just smart. It’s good you recognize “they” are wrong and their deeds are evil, but that won’t justify YOU before a holy God.

God is coming back for a church without spot. God is calling us to excel past all that foolishness we left behind, not to focus on it and write article after article, and make video after video about it. For some folks, the dirt of others is all they talk about. We must remember that Jesus shed his blood so that we can be cleansed (1 John 1:9). We can’t be cleansed unless we confess our sins and we can’t confess our sins if we’re too focused on everyone else’ sin.

I want to be ready when Jesus returns, not caught talking about some false preachers, when I’m just as dirty as they are. I can’t say on judgement day, “but Bishop touched boys, he’s worse than me.” That ain’t gonna fly with God. The question you should ask yourself is, “Do I meet the standards of God today?, Am I looking more and more like Jesus everyday?”

No proud person will get into heaven, not one — this was Satan’s problem. Jesus said, “Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly” (Matt 11:29). We should re-examine what Jesus said about salvation and examine ourselves.

Source of Article

Who wrote this Are they saying rebuking each other is a sin? I have never seen it anywhere in the scriptures. Even Paul rebuked Peter when he was wrong! I follow the scriptures and not someone's idea of salvation.....

The article is full of crap! We shouldn't talk when all these Charlatans are twisting scriptures to milk people & buy private Jets? Nothing is wrong in rebuking them.

Scripture says:

1 Corinthians 5:12

New Living Translation (©2007)

It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

Publicly, Paul rebuked Peter and accused him of hypocrisy (Galatians 2:11-21). I doubt Peter was surprised by this charge. This was Peter's reply;

2Peter 3:15 And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

For the fact that he defended Paul clearly shows that he knew Paul was right and he was wrong!

2 Likes

Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2012
@serialink.. i have seen you quote this verse of the bible over 50 times and i ask, is that the only meaning to the scripture? i dislike frosbel but for once he himself has realised that their is more to christianity than just reading the scripture for the purpose of bashing other's on nairaland.the scripture should change you first, dont just be interested in bashing, judging, and arguing with others while you soul is not even right with God

dont try to remove a speck in someones eyes while ignoring the wood in yours.peace
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2012
nne3870: @serialink.. i have seen you quote this verse of the bible over 50 times and i ask, is that the only meaning to the scripture? i dislike frosbel but for once he himself has realised that their is more to christianity than just reading the scripture for the purpose of bashing other's on nairaland.the scripture should change you first, dont just be interested in bashing, judging, and arguing with others while your soul is not even right with God

dont try to remove a speck in someones eyes while ignoring the wood in yours.peace

Oh okay, and you are the one that is not judging right? How did you know the bolded is applicable to me? My faith in God doesn't tell me that!

The scripture is meant to be used in correcting Christ followers, so, I have the right to quote it over and over again. Ever wonder why, there are so many repetitions in the Books of the Bible? It's for us to get the message!

Infact, most of these things are the reasons why some weak Christians are turning to atheism. I'm not the gullible type that would accept any unscriptural gibberish just because a so-called MoG or Church says it's right. I support and will always support exposing any falsehood that pollutes the body of Christ!

Peace!
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Nne, I also do not agree with the part you said 'You dislike Frosbel'. That is not one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit now, is it? Last I checked, disliking someone just because you have different understanding of the scriptures with them is against one of the greatest commandments that Jesus talked about in [url=www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+12%3A28-34&version=NIV]Mark 12:28-34[/url]

Mark 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Did Peter disliked Paul because he corrected and rebuked him? Peter followed Jesus Christ for years, even before Paul converted to Christianity, still he didn't find it offensive that Paul corrected him! The Devil is crafty and wicked, he possess and use the children of God sometimes too, even when Peter was following Christ, the Devil used him to tempt Christ but he was rebuked 'Get behind me Satan' ([url=bible.cc/matthew/16-23.htm]Matthew 16:23[/url]) ; now, doesn't that mean Peter was Satan or hell bound? No! Jesus corrected and rebuked him because He knew Satan wanted to use him to alter prophecy!

For the fact that the Catholic is one of the oldest Church doesn't make everything it teaches perfect! So also are some Churches that perform miracles & preach prosperity, it doesn't mean that they are not capable of making mistakes or taking advantage of some ignorant folks.

I was one of the few people that liked the comment you made on one thread a week ago or so, when of one MoG got a private jet as birthday gift from his Church members! Still some guillible Christians were crictising your comment to justify the fact that the MoG deserves the jet! It's not against the word of God to rebuke and correct each other. I'd rather be hated for saying the truth than to be loved for supporting falsehood! At least that won't have any effect on me but the hater!

Thank you!
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
nne3870: @serialink.. i have seen you quote this verse of the bible over 50 times and i ask, is that the only meaning to the scripture? i dislike frosbel

You hurt my feelings , lol. grin
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Goshen360(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ seriallink,

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
^^^ Thanks brah, bless you too!
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
frosbel:

You hurt my feelings , lol. grin

i wish... well i am sorry.
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
seriallink: @Nne, I also do not agree with the part you said 'You dislike Frosbel'. That is not one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit now, is it? Last I checked, disliking someone just because you have different understanding of the scriptures with them is against one of the greatest commandments that Jesus talked about in [url=www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+12%3A28-34&version=NIV]Mark 12:28-34[/url]

Mark 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Did Peter disliked Paul because he corrected and rebuked him? Peter followed Jesus Christ for years, even before Paul converted to Christianity, still he didn't find it offensive that Paul corrected him! The Devil is crafty and wicked, he possess and use the children of God sometimes too, even when Peter was following Christ, the Devil used him to tempt Christ but he was rebuked 'Get behind me Satan' ([url=bible.cc/matthew/16-23.htm]Matthew 16:23[/url]) ; now, doesn't that mean Peter was Satan or hell bound? No! Jesus corrected and rebuked him because He knew Satan wanted to use him to alter prophecy!

For the fact that the Catholic is one of the oldest Church doesn't make everything it teaches perfect!!
i disagree with the bolded. the church and its teachings are perfect for me.
i have appologised to frosbel. sorry if my previous statement offended you.and least i 4get stop calling urselves bra! say bro instead, cos bra is a short form of brassier but if its what u intend saying then enjoy bra grin
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
nne3870:
i disagree with the bolded. the church and its teachings are perfect for me.
i have appologised to frosbel. sorry if my previous statement offended you.and least i 4get stop calling urselves bra! say bro instead, cos bra is a short form of brassier but if its what u intend saying then enjoy bra grin

It's okay!

Its 'brah' a slang for 'bro' or 'brother'
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
I love frosbel and everyone here, including the atheists and the pagans. No big deal, we are one big family. Afteral, all of us na 1 head we get, and we have the same creator. Just different belief and MADNESS. Lets cancel all the hate brahs.

@topic: very very interesting.

1 Like

Re: They Ain’t Right? by Joagbaje(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
frosbel: While God calls us to expose darkness, I see too many Christians exposing and talking about the dirt of others, their ministries and their doctrines for the real sake of masking their own sins, which is specifically PRIDE. Pride needs to talk about others to elevate one’s self.

I. See you guilty of this o frosbel. God didn't call us to be embarrassing the church in open forum in view of umbrlievers. We can't be telling people to come to be part of the body of Christ and we start speaking evil of the same body . If its only a christian forum we can still understand . But in glare of sinners. We destroy what we want them to embrace .
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Boomark(m): 9:34am On Nov 21, 2012
nne3870: @serialink.. i have seen you quote this verse of the bible over 50 times and i ask, is that the only meaning to the scripture? i dislike frosbel but for once he himself has realised that their is more to christianity than just reading the scripture for the purpose of bashing other's on nairaland.the scripture should change you first, dont just be interested in bashing, judging, and arguing with others while you soul is not even right with God

The verse seriallink quoted is a very nice one unles you have a skeleton in your cupboard.

The scripture is given for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness, 1Tim 3:16. For correction in righteousness is what frosbel's post is trying to emphasize. Others should not be neglected.

Where it is bad is when i tell you that you worship idol while i have "otumokpo" under my pillow.

2 Likes

Re: They Ain’t Right? by ijawkid(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2012
Boomark:

Where it is bad is when i tell you that you worship idol while i have "otumokpo" under my pillow.

Lmaoooo..........
Re: They Ain’t Right? by julietjuks: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
its a shame to see christians be a part of tearing down they claim is important. who made u an inspector general of the church. judge not another mans servant. before his master he stands.or fall and he will stand. are u aware that the body of christ has structures and its organized.who made u a master over the church to criticize it.remember moses,aaron and mariam who was made leprose by God for criticizing wrongly what moses did. cos of this some are sickly and some sleep. respect the anointing
Re: They Ain’t Right? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

I. See you guilty of this o frosbel. God didn't call us to be embarrassing the church in open forum in view of umbrlievers. We can't be telling people to come to be part of the body of Christ and we start speaking evil of the same body . If its only a christian forum we can still understand . But in glare of sinners. We destroy what we want them to embrace .

It depends on what you mean by church.

We are the church if we preach the truth , if however we go off preaching our own doctrines and or falsehoods we are a false organisation , though we may bear the name of Christ.

It is still important to expose those who profess to know Christ while working contrary to him as frauds !!

1 Like

Re: They Ain’t Right? by julietjuks: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
frosbel:

It depends on what you mean by church.

We are the church if we preach the truth , if however we go off preaching our own doctrines and or falsehoods we are a false organisation , though we may bear the name of Christ.

It is still important to expose those who profess to know Christ while working contrary to him as frauds !!

i didnt know that we had the office of inspector general in the body of God.how amazing!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 / Coza's Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s Comments About The Scandal. / A Spiritual War Is Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.