Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. (1641 Views)

Poll: What would be your advice.

Take another wife: 16% (1 vote)
Keep praying: 66% (4 votes)
Take that as his destiny: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? / Me And My Little Brother Who Is More Hansom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
In a situation where your brother, who is the only son in your family is married for 10 years without a child,
what advice would you give to him ?

Marry another wife,
keep waiting for God's time or take things as he see them.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
To go and get checked up with his wife and know what is actually wrong. Why jump straight to marry another wife if you dont know what the problem is, you end up with 2 wives high blood pressure and no child. If they have no medical issue then try fertility treatment and IVF if the can afford it. However only if my brother comes for advice i will not poke my business into his private life, except if he is in an abusive marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Ferya(f): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
^^^^^ยจ well said. @ poster I hope you are not planning to end it for him? Be careful!
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ifyalways(f): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
Why does he not have a child? that should be the question and the answer lies in a qualified medical doctor's office after the couple must have ran series of tests.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
To be fair to both gender,
what if it is confirmed that either he or she (not both, just one of them)cannot produce a child ?
How would the advice go?
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
Then the Doctor will advice them on available options. It is not your place or mine to tell a couple what to do when they are childless, they can adopt, IVF, Fertility drugs etc, these should be in your options not the archiac african reasoning you put in that poll

1 Like

Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
none of the options cut it for me. Why can't they adopt?
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by EfemenaXY: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
ZUBY77: In a situation where your brother, who is the only son in your family is married for 10 years without a child,

Marry another wife,

@poster are you sure you're not the man in question here? Your status says you're male - and yet you say your brother is the only male in your family? . . smh

Anyway,

1. I would mind my own business and not go poking my nose where it's not needed.

2. If (and only IF) my advice is sought, I would suggest they both seek medical advice to get to the root of the problem.

Question to you though @the bolded, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE WOMAN??!! Now this really annoys me as I see the poor woman in question has already been judged and condemed! angry angry So if the problem is with the man, you would advice the woman to walk out on the marriage and marry another man - abi?

3. Depending on the outcome of the medical consultation, they might want to consider other alternatives such as Adoption (afterall there are countless innocent babies in desperate need of a loving home), IVF, Surrogacy, etc

Now, that's my advice.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

@poster are you sure you're not the man in question here? Your status says you're male - and yet you say your brother is the only male in your family? . . smh

Anyway,

1. I would mind my own business and not go poking my nose where it's not needed.

2. If (and only IF) my advice is sought, I would suggest they both seek medical advice to get to the root of the problem.

Question to you though @the bolded, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE WOMAN??!! Now this really annoys me as I see the poor woman in question has already been judged and condemed! angry angry So if the problem is with the man, you would advice the woman to walk out on the marriage and marry another man - abi?

3. Depending on the outcome of the medical consultation, they might want to consider other alternatives such as Adoption (afterall there are countless innocent babies in desperate need of a loving home), IVF, Surrogacy, etc

Now, that's my advice.

HELP ME ASK MY SISTER - I would tell your brother who is the only MALE in the family apart from you (LOL) to tell his wife to go and find a man with a healthy s/perm count to get her pregnant and remarry - abi to remarry is the solution to the problem!!
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Anyway,

Now, that's my advice.

Did you actually read my post ?
I said in a situation where YOUR....not MY...
Edioter.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
cotton101:

HELP ME ASK MY SISTER - I would tell your brother who is the only MALE in the family apart from you (LOL) to tell his wife to go and find a man with a healthy s/perm count to get her pregnant and remarry - abi to remarry is the solution to the problem!!

ediota numero duo...
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
ZUBY77:

ediota numero duo...

and u posting this ridiculous topic are what? A harvard PHD graduate I take it. KMT
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by EfemenaXY: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
ZUBY77:

Did you actually read my post ?
I said in a situation where YOUR....not MY...
Edioter.

You asked for advice & it's been given. Just because it's not what you wanted to see doesn't give you the right to hurl insults. I don't do e-fights. Grow up.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by dbisiback: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
If dr confirm both of them have no problem (as in some cases) they both should talk and end their marriage amicably and try their luck elsewhere. If one of them has problem the one with problem may want to release the other to try his/her luck with someone else or they both adopt but i am sure if the problem is with the woman adoption is easier said than done.
Whatever sha it is their choice
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Ndipe(m): 2:37am On Mar 27, 2012
It's none of YOUR business if your only brother and his wife are unable to have a child in the course of their marriage. Sometimes, couples enter into a relationship with no desire to bring kids into the world. it's stuff like this that leads to the breakdown of a marriage.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 27, 2012
the important question to the brother should ONLY be:"are you happy with your life?"
if he says "yes" then that should be the END OF THE STORY.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 6:58am On Mar 27, 2012
First, this question is meant for girls a lone since as a man, you cannot have a brother who is the only son in the family.

I am surprised at the level of double standards and hypocrisy exhibited by Nigerians online.
Everytime i turn on a nigerian movie, i see similar situation where a lady cant have a child and the husband's sisters would be shouting and ranting and blaming the wife or advising their brother to send the wife away and remarry. So where are all those people now? Everybody here suddenly turned to such a good girl because it is online. Your advises are very good and they are the best. I am just wondering where those bad advisers have gone.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2012
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2012
@chaircover
good response. Thanks
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Abali1(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2012
it's been quite long I commented on NL. But I can't help but comment on this thread.

The poster on another thread (one year in Marriage) said his wife is pregnant. Now some people who cannot read between the line is alleging that the poster is talking about himself. SMH. What if the "brother" in question is a cousin or the wife's brother or a friends brother? ehh

@Op, am an only son, though am still single. I can actually relate with what you are saying, cos of what is happening in my life right now. Everybody, from sisters to cousins to friends wants me to get married. For instance, I have a girl I really love, who i believe also loves me. But because she wants me to give her more time(coupled with pressure from her family not to marry me, because am SS) my elder sister wants me to move on and forget about her.
Now imagine, my not being able to have a child_in ten years of marriage will the same advice not be given.

@CC, it is not about education, it is the African culture that takes the blame.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by ZUBY77(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2012
Abali1: it's been quite long I commented on NL. But I can't help but comment on this thread.

The poster on another thread (one year in Marriage) said his wife is pregnant. Now some people who cannot read between the line is alleging that the poster is talking about himself. SMH. What if the "brother" in question is a cousin or the wife's brother or a friends brother? ehh

@Op, am an only son, though am still single. I can actually relate with what you are saying, cos of what is happening in my life right now. Everybody, from sisters to cousins to friends wants me to get married. For instance, I have a girl I really love, who i believe also loves me. But because she wants me to give her more time(coupled with pressure from her family not to marry me, because am SS) my elder sister wants me to move on and forget about her.
Now imagine, my not being able to have a child_in ten years of marriage will the same advice not be given.

@CC, it is not about education, it is the African culture that takes the blame.

thank you. The level of hypo here is amazing.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by GboyegaD(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2012
In as much as we hope to raise kids of our own when we get married the question is: Is child rearing his motive for getting married? If yes, then he may go ahead to marry another wife provided he's been certified medically fit to father children however, if his motive for getting married is companionship, he may be a little patient or try some IVF methods or adopt children.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Tgirl4real(f): 7:42am On Mar 28, 2012
ZUBY77:

thank you. The level of hypo here is amazing.

do u mean hypo bleach tongue
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 28, 2012
ZUBY77: In a situation where your brother, who is the only son in your family is married for 10 years without a child,

Marry another wife,

From your post, as is typical of Nigerian men, you've automatically assumed the wife is at fault, with regards to the couple not having a child. Men too can be responsible - they could be sterile. Have you considered that?
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by queensmith: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2012
ivf is there, surrogacy is there (instead of getting another wife) adoptiom is there. There are options, when will nigerians learn to use them?
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2012
queensmith: ivf is there, surrogacy is there (instead of getting another wife) adoptiom is there. There are options, when will nigerians learn to use them?

I agree.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by JennyAgun(f): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
What if there have been medical tests and the man is the one with the problem? You know a Nigerian man will not boldly tell his parents/family that he has infertility problem but if it was the wife, it will be a news headline amongs his family members.

I support adoption but what if the woman wishes to experience carrying a pregnancy since she doesn't have fertility problem.
Re: Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. by queensmith: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
Jenny Agun: What if there have been medical tests and the man is the one with the problem? You know a Nigerian man will not boldly tell his parents/family that he has infertility problem but if it was the wife, it will be a news headline amongs his family members.

I support adoption but what if the woman wishes to experience carrying a pregnancy since she doesn't have fertility problem.

Well the way i see it carrying a pregnancy should be the least of her worries if her husband is infertile? He can't help that he cant have children, she has to understand it and be willing to work around it. If he had an illness that stopped him from walking will she insist they go jogging? She will need to empathise if he's not responding to treatment. I thought being in a relationship teaches people these things?

(1) (Reply)

He Told Me To Bleep Off / Women Deserve Respect! / Is It Ok A For A Father ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.