Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? (3566 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / THE MEANING OF 10:10 Or 1010 / Drinking Palmwine In The Dream, What Is The Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by stevo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2005
What is the meaning of 'Nairaland'? Can we see a window where credit cards can be [sorted ] Can we see a financal management window?
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by hotangel2(f): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2005
'Nairaland' is the Nigerian forum. The currency use in Nigeria is 'Naira'.
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by nike4luv(f): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2005
'Nairaland' is like a place for Nigerians to chill out and get to hook up with other people.
In other words, a place where we can tell each other stuff and get different opinions about them.

I love Nairaland! grin
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Seun(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2005
Hot-angel is exactly right even though I'm not the one that told her.  Nairaland is a place where Nigerians meet to interact with each other via various interesting public discussions on every topic under heaven.  You can discuss any topic that is constructive, clean and interesting.  Nairaland is the only Nigerian forum that performs free copy-editing for it's posters.  The only forum that aims to be as clean, clear and easy to read as a good online newspaper!

The "naira" part of the name does not imply that we offer any financial services.  The business concern behind this site does not offer any financial services at the moment.  (not we wouldn't provide such services if we could!)

The Nairaland Forum is intent on being the dominant force in its domain, and you are invited to contribute often and become a part of our success.  We'd appreciate that! wink

1 Like

Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by rufaai(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2005
Ha! Ha! Ha!

Naira stands for the currency of Nigeria. I dont know why you choose the word Naira, One I hear the word, what would first come to my mind it currency, then finance.

But I wonder maybe this website was for finance at the begining... Well, very funny indeed...
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by IAH(f): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2005
Meeting point for the people of the Land of Naira!
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by layi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2005
Nigeria is the place for naira. So nairaland is Nigeria and Nigeria is nairaland. Its just another way to say nigeria.com
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by loriann(f): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2006
seun can answer that better
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by mikebuddy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2006
"Nairaland" Mean [Ani ego].
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by mikebuddy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2006
Ya putare gini?Jua mu.
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by dracosh(m): 8:29am On May 09, 2006
so can an european guy register on naialand? and why?
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by babymine(f): 9:49am On May 09, 2006
If he wants to, he can. And for reasons best known to him. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by dracosh(m): 1:44pm On May 09, 2006
well thank you. i was afraid there for a moment that if i'm a white european, i don't belong here. smiley
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by africanboy(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2006
dracosh:

well thank you. i was afraid there for a moment that i[b]f i'm a white european[/b], i don't belong here. smiley

r u? u r still welcom! we welcome friends of nigeria
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Mystique(f): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2006
Nairaland - The land of Naira cheesy
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Oracle(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2006
Stevo, you don't know the meaning of NAIRALAND and you registered.
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by segedoo(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2007
NL Rules.
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by ayobase(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
here we are!
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Epi: 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2009
[b]N[/b]igerians [b]A[/b]re [b]I[/b]ntellectually [b]R[/b]omantic [b]A[/b]nd [b]L[/b]ove [b]A[/b]ll [b]N[/b]airaland [b]D[/b]iscussions grin grin grin
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Seun(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2009
Clever one. Thanks!
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by IFELEKE(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2009
Epi:

[b]N[/b]igerians [b]A[/b]re [b]I[/b]ntellectually [b]R[/b]omantic [b]A[/b]nd [b]L[/b]ove [b]A[/b]ll [b]N[/b]airaland [b]D[/b]iscussions grin grin grin
Gbam!
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by kok(m): 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
I think it nairaland identifies the forum as a nigerian forum. Naira been the major currency of Nigerian. Seun should know better.
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by mamagee6(f): 1:19am On Aug 25, 2009
[b]N[/b]igerians Are [b]I[/b]gnorant [b]R[/b]ascals [b]A[/b]nd [b]L[/b]azy [b]A[/b]ggressive [b]N[/b]eedy [b]D[/b]imples. grin grin
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by dominique(f): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2010
,mama-gee:

N[/b]igerians Are [b]I[/b]gnorant [b]R[/b]ascals [b]A[/b]nd [b]L[/b]azy [b]A[/b]ggressive [b]N[/b]eedy [b]D[/b]imples. grin grin

replace the [b]D
with [b]D[/b]imwit and that describes mama-gee tongue
Re: The Meaning of 'Nairaland'? by Cholls(m): 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
My brother you mean Nairaland means Never Allow Igbo to Rule LAND?

(1) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Top Nollywood Actors Set To Storm Ebonyi State On June 15th, / Over 4000 Facebook Friends - Does This Make You Appear Cool? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.