Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food (15214 Views)

Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Why Deny Your Husband Food After A Fight? / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
GboyegaD: It is very wrong because if care is not taken, the day the guy goes out and find some other food appealing, she is likely loosing him faster than she can think. Food, money, intimacy amongst others are not right to deny one's partner.
Like Iya Basira shey? grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

@jennykadry you just shout your sef in the foot. gringringrin If you must not deny him sex or make love when you are angry then you must not deny him food also. Just as the former is good for the soul so also is the later for the body. gringringrin
Shoot you mean?
Your sense of dry humor dey make me laugh so tey I forget to wear pampers grin

Show me were I have said it is okay for a woman to refuse serving her husband food just because they had an argument. ode oshi. Common English comprehension you no sabi. Shoot yourself in the foot. if you are so blind to see my posts, the guy after me just quoted me, ode grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Geomac: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
chaircover: If she has been the one cooking for the man from the onset, then No it is not normal and it is childish especially as in the next week or so she will be cooking for the same man.

People should learn to deal with their issues maturely. Yes she is annoyed about something (everyone has a right to be angry at their spouse if he/she misbehaves) but the best way is to sit the man down and discuss it like the adults that they are, sort it out and leave it at that.

This is how long term trouble starts; what if after a week her anger goes down and she starts cooking for him, only for the man to refuse her food.

One of my pet hates is childish mind games. It really annoys me.

jennykadry: Yes it is wrong. If she has been the one always dishing out his meal and all of a sudden stops after an argument, then she is mightily sick. The same way I dislike women that punish their husbands with sex. You have issues with someone and you think that very immature way is the way to deal with issues?

Women need to work on their insecurities. The fact that you dished out his food does not mean he won't apologize to you. I hug and slightly kiss my husband's cheeks when he comes home even though we had an argument earlier on. It doesn't stop him from apologising when he is wrong and vice versa.

God bless you
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
freecocoa: Are you saying its not good as well? Cos i wonder how one can make love when angry .
Have angry s3x, it is very good, channel your anger into the passion and use all the energy you would have used for slapping and shouting to have s3x. Try it and see, dont be the kind of woman who always waits for oga to start something oh.
Jenny thats what you learn in Nigeria oh from other women with very low self esteem and self worth, when you unfortunately marry a man with such ideas, you are living in fear 24/7 of him cheating, you become a robot because you fear he will cheat, you must be clean, you must cook you must do this you must look like beyonce immdiately after childbirth so he wont cheat.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
ronkebp:

Really?? Free2rap, this is all you have to say Couple dey 'taage', you are hear talking about food, oh now!!! i know the calibre of ''tifun lorans'' FFF (friend for food) only, wobiya!!!! so naa fodd konsign you for the whole matter. OLE!!!!!

[quote author=ronkebp]

gringrin@ronkeHighbp bolo like you, must you hurt your man with food becos you wan to pass a msg. na food be una target Ode Oloshi grin;Dlike you. Y no go seize him cheque book or Atm to prove ya point we get the money we go chop outside "grin Thetherin gringringrin if you like you fit chain the whole kitchen ... evil spirits
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ Debrief, I learnt from my own mother not to deny my husband sex just because we had the usual husband and wife disagreement. Same way she taught me never to starve him(food wise) just because we had an argument. It is not a Nigerian thing debrief. It is just wrong to use the things your spouse loves most to hurt them. It doesn't make sense.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

I think you lack the intellectual ability to comprehend what is happening here. How would a wife for whatever flimsy reason refuse to serve her husband meal. This is how marriages crash. He starts eating from outside, next he sees other beautiful ladies or some lady woos here, next sex follows, He is already gone. Then you start crying and running for deliverance that a witch is in your family or someone has used "juju" to charm you husband. When a simple maturity from the onset would have saved the day will you women always learn the hard way. na wah for nigeria women self

ORISORISI!!!
Women don suffer. So the issue is not even that she didnt cook for him, it is that she didn't dish the cooked food.
And people have come to start justifying cheating based on the woman's failing to serve food.
It is not your fault na. It is the fault of Nigerian women that keep acting like husbands cheating is not a big deal. That is why you people rush to use any excuse to commit adultery. If the wife does not smile when husband comes home; cheat. If she grows older/fatter; cheat. If she does not cook his favourite soup; cheat. If she cooks but does not serve it; cheat.
Mtschew.
Sex crazed animals.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by skibochi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
if she's been the one making and serving his food, then i believe it is wrong, i think we should just focus on what the poster said because me i don't believe in all these western marriage serenren a la "can't he go and get the food himself" thing. If that was the way our fathers and mothers did it, do you think they would have lasted this long??
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
But seriously this is my take
1. Since the guy is complaining it means he is too lazy to cook his own meals or serve himself. therefore next time she makes faces, he should beg her forgiveness or else na hunger go kill am b dat.
2. the wife knowing how lazy her husband is will continue doing that till she starves him 2 death.

I think they both have issues. The lazy man and his childish wife. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
Def not normal, but seriously a man shouldn't be so lazy that he can't serve himself food when his wife is angry or refused to do so. But why is she angry in the first place? A simple communication could solve this you know.

In the mean time, let him do it himself.I believe husbands should give their wives break,and take turns even if possible. Seriously when a woman knows that a man is that independent, she wouldn't continue doing such.

Pay me and I wouldn't try that nonsense with my husband, cuz I know it wouldn't work. LOL/

When I have a boy child, I will teach him how to cook, women are bluffing too much with this cooking.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
gringringringringrin@jennykadry
@chaircover
@ronkebp

House dis female children are bad market them no be house materal dem fit kill man
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry:

Have s3x when you are angry, make love when you make up but never punish a man or a woman with sex.
Hmm na wa o,marriage must be much more than i anticipate walai,the thought of letting him touch me when i'm seriously mad at him is just somehow,person like me fit bite am if he tries it sef.grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
oh pleaseee, it is not that bad. It's best done during the night time though. During the day everyone can go their own way, I go to work, he goes handle his business, we can run away from eachother during the day but not at night cos we gat to share the same bed and me I like shakara now, I cannot let some things just go easily grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Ok Free2rap, this topic is not about us, let us leave it at that, and stop calling each other names, i have repented this year, to be modest (even in my insults) and don't call people names, can we be matured enough please?!!!! olodo yi!!!smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Phems(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
This is absolutely wrong. She's only complicating issue and may regret taking such action later.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by PalmTree(m): 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
The OP did not say dat d man cant serve himself and lyk u rightly said every man sud b able to do stuffz lyk dat. The issue here is not d action but d intention, the woman is putting up dt attitude because of the misunderstanding between them and ur guess is as good as mine. It's childish!
ronkebp:

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by armyofone(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
if the food is already cooked, why not oga serve madam and himself?
serve her and then you both chat abt the issue.
or best call her favorite resturant to deliver dinner for both of you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
rokiatu: Def not normal, but seriously a man shouldn't be so lazy that he can't serve himself food when his wife is angry or refused to do so. But why is she angry in the first place? A simple communication could solve this you know.

In the mean time, let him do it himself.I believe husbands should give their wives break,and take turns even if possible. Seriously when a woman knows that a man is that independent, she wouldn't continue doing such.

Pay me and I wouldn't try that nonsense with my husband, cuz I know it wouldn't work. LOL/

When I have a boy child, I will teach him how to cook, women are bluffing too much with this cooking.

@rokiatu you defended ya argument saying, "let him do it himself " and concluded dat you will teach you boy child ( wey u nvr born) how to cook and dat women bluffs alot with cooking. what i am believe is that you are sitting on the fence. Simple wetin no good no good. If you must cook the food you must serve it whether angry or not. Thus your intention is to starve him
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: @ Debrief, I learnt from my own mother not to deny my husband sex just because we had the usual husband and wife disagreement. Same way she taught me never to starve him(food wise) just because we had an argument. It is not a Nigerian thing debrief. It is just wrong to use the things your spouse loves most to hurt them. It doesn't make sense.
The Nigerian thing i was talking about was the excuse that everything a wife does wrong or fails to do is a justification for cheating. A man is not told to be mature to handle his home and conflicts oh, but the woman is made to believe that she must always please him so he wont cheat.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by PalmTree(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
The OP did not say dat d man can't serve himself and lyk u rightly said every man sud b able to do stuffz lyk dat. The issue here is not d action but d intention, the woman is putting up dt attitude because of the misunderstanding between them and ur guess is as good as mine. It's childish!
ronkebp:

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!
ronkebp:

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
fellis:

ORISORISI!!!
Women don suffer. So the issue is not even that she didnt cook for him, it is that she didn't dish the cooked food.
And people have come to start justifying cheating based on the woman's failing to serve food.
It is not your fault na. It is the fault of Nigerian women that keep acting like husbands cheating is not a big deal. That is why you people rush to use any excuse to commit adultery. If the wife does not smile when husband comes home; cheat. If she grows older/fatter; cheat. If she does not cook his favourite soup; cheat. If she cooks but does not serve it; cheat.
Mtschew.
Sex crazed animals.

Nothing we no go read for nairaland. Go and read the post again. Dundee
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
PalmTree: The OP did not say dat d man can't serve himself and lyk u rightly said every man sud b able to do stuffz lyk dat. The issue here is not d action but d intention, the woman is putting up dt attitude because of the misunderstanding between them and ur guess is as good as mine. It's childish!

My broda I salut you. You sure hit the nail on the head.. you be true son of ya papa.

@ronkebp and @jennykadry, take a cue from Palmtree.. The both of you are relics of a lost age ok
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by eghost247(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
Negligence of duty
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by armyofone(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

@rokiatu you defended ya argument saying, "let him do it himself " and concluded dat you will teach you boy child ( wey u nvr born) how to cook and dat women bluffs alot with cooking. what i am believe is that you are sitting on the fence. Simple wetin no good no good. If you must cook the food you must serve it when angry or not.

what is wrong if you go into the kitchen to make the food or warm it and then serve both of you?
granted she is the one doing it all the time, you both argued, so if she is not cooking, why not you?

kai!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

@rokiatu you defended ya argument saying, "let him do it himself " and concluded dat you will teach you boy child ( wey u nvr born) how to cook and dat women bluffs alot with cooking. what i am believe is that you are sitting on the fence. Simple wetin no good no good. If you must cook the food you must serve it when angry or not.

hahhaha I was not FOR or AGAINST any. I was just stating how I see it. I don't see any reason why the man can not get up and serve himself food, and even serve his wife sometimes. Trust me, she is using this tactic because she knows it will get to her husband.Hence the reason I said, (some) woman bluff too much with this cooking stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Harpesin(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip:

You hit the nail on the head. People are having marital conflicts that includes ignoring each other for days and someone is whiningover the small issue that he was not "served" food. Foolishness of the highest order. The most annoying ones are the ones who say that the man will go someone else and enjoy someone elses cooking. I mean are they even aware that that statement make them seem like they are mentally and physically disabledhuh? If food is what will make you cheat on your spouse you truly need to go for deliverance. That statement always rubs me the wrong way

ronkebp:

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chicken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!

I'm sure both of u forgot that this is Africa not US/UK...Have you noticed the rate of divorce in abroad and have you ever asked why? Its a pity that we have not desist from emulating bad things from these so call white e.g (bad dressing, music, religion, etc now is affecting our marriage ....Remember that God place man above woman in the bible Gen 3 v 16 (Your desire shall be for your husband,And he shall rule over you.”).... before going into marriage you need to know the culture and ready to follow ....if the man did not drop money while leaving in the morning and coming back in the evening asking for food we will say the woman is right to some extent but according to the story it is not stated the reason for the issue why on earth will an African woman do such.....truly if the man decide to eat outside without having in mind to cheat he will be convinced to cheat by the kind of services he will receive outside, there are thousands of women outside there who have lost their opportunity (home) due to such attitude and now praying for second chance, once such woman grab a man who need care.....she will give more that enof..@ poster advice your friend to keep her home by doing the right things, there are other ways of handling issues in marriage.....remember ...A word is enof for a wise....
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by MissEZ(f): 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip:

You hit the nail on the head. People are having marital conflicts that includes ignoring each other for days and someone is whiningover the small issue that he was not "served" food. Foolishness of the highest order. The most annoying ones are the ones who say that the man will go someone else and enjoy someone elses cooking. I mean are they even aware that that statement make them seem like they are mentally and physically disabled? If food is what will make you cheat on your spouse you truly need to go for deliverance. That statement always rubs me the wrong way

This^^^If food is a husbands priority during a quarrel rather than settling with his wife, then the man has a problem. And if not being served food causes the man to cheat, then the man is just looking for an excuse to misbehave. That being said, couples need to learn to settle issues in a more matured manner. i personally do not believe in keeping malice. It is a waste of emotion. However, my last bf took advantage of that and it pissed me to no end. Just cos i decide to talk to you even though you annoyed me does not mean the problem is solved.

Its really sad that no matter what women do, it always seems like a no win situation. If her husband is at fault, they will somehow blame it on her. Really sad
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by chiteny(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
I go with the advice of chaircover. Any other one contrary to it is immature.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
armyofone:

what is wrong if you go into the kitchen to make the food or warm it and then serve both of you?
granted she is the one doing it all the time, you both argued, so if she is not cooking, why not you?

kai!!

Who owns the kitchen in the home? you women are too quick to forget your responsibilites and is it a justification to starve him. must u turn a simple issue and over blow it as if heaven has fallen
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
Miss EZ:

This^^^If food is a husbands priority during a quarrel rather than settling with his wife, then the man has a problem. And if not being served food causes the man to cheat, then the man is just looking for an excuse to misbehave. That being said, couples need to learn to settle issues in a more matured manner. i personally do not believe in keeping malice. It is a waste of emotion. However, my last bf took advantage of that and it pissed me to no end. Just cos i decide to talk to you even though you annoyed me does not mean the problem is solved.

Its really sad that no matter what women do, it always seems like a no win situation. If her husband is at fault, they will somehow blame it on her. Really sad

Must you justify your anger by not serving his meal? what is this world turning into
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by hefner: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Your comment on this issue is chidish and to encourage it shows a high level of immaturity. abeg go F**k ya sef. I m b e c i l e

Some dudes should just get over their inferiority complexes sha. We can see who is really immature. Must you degenerate to abusing someone for stating his/her opinion. You nor rhyme at all tongue
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by EACBLAZE: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
I don't see big deal in it, though is not good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15-Years-Old Boy Runs Away From Home After Being Scolded By His Mother / What's Your Childish Trait? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.